Home

Am I This Bad?

This is a discussion on Am I This Bad? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
Am I This Bad?

Alright, so I got my Xbox One bundle yesterday, never played on one before. I have been waiting for this game for months and couldn't wait to start it up. Haven't played a football game (NCAA) since January. I bypass the tutorials and go straight to All-Madden game between my Jaguars and the Bucs. I got completely manhandled. I lost 35-7. My only TD came from a returned fumble that I had no part of. Am I this rusty? Is the game this hard? Are the Jags that bad? I'm typically the guy who is tweaking with sliders trying to make the game hard as possible and realistic. I don't know if I've lost of game of madden to the CPU in the last 8 years. So yesterday came as a bit of a surprise to me. Did anyone have the same reaction to the game or is this just a case of rust?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Am I This Bad?

Yes. The game is more difficult than prior years. I am enjoying it.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Plz help me.. How do you playmaker your DE to qb contain on defense??
Old 08-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

The game as a whole is much more difficult this year. I usually play on All-Madden, because on All-Pro I go 16-0 easily winning by 20+ points no matter who I'm playing and no matter how bad my team is. This year I've only played on All-Pro and it's a struggle. The defense is nuts. You will pay for mistakes that you make. I haven't changed any sliders, just playing on default. I've had many close games, and have lost my share of them. Playing better teams is a much tougher challenge than in previous years.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #5
MVP

kc2135's Arena

OVR: 8

Agreed, this years game is harder, and that's really clear on defense. I too had to go down to All-Pro and I'm not killing the cpu like I used to. I think that's a good thing. Also, at least with me it doesn't seem like you can run those money plays that get you a certain amount of yards every time you call them this year. I don't know how it is with a running QB as I've only played with Dallas. Can you run all over teams with Manziel, Newton, Vick, etc...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #6
Rookie

I love it. Two weeks ago, I went ten games without throwing an interception on All-Madden in Madden 25. I just finished my first season last night for Connected Franchise with nineteen interceptions on All-Pro with an 11-4 record. I feel like there's finally a challenge to reading defenses and timing passes. The team did a great job from that perspective.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
Alright, so I got my Xbox One bundle yesterday, never played on one before. I have been waiting for this game for months and couldn't wait to start it up. Haven't played a football game (NCAA) since January. I bypass the tutorials and go straight to All-Madden game between my Jaguars and the Bucs. I got completely manhandled. I lost 35-7. My only TD came from a returned fumble that I had no part of. Am I this rusty? Is the game this hard? Are the Jags that bad? I'm typically the guy who is tweaking with sliders trying to make the game hard as possible and realistic. I don't know if I've lost of game of madden to the CPU in the last 8 years. So yesterday came as a bit of a surprise to me. Did anyone have the same reaction to the game or is this just a case of rust?

The game is difficult, as it should be. You are given tools to help you learn how to play, and better your knowledge of football in general. Football is a tough sport, so the game should be tough. I think the balance is right. Try starting out at a lower skill level and work your way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Plz can someone help me regarding defensive end contain? Did they completely remove this ability??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »