Home

How to fix QB Sim Stat Bug (Workaround)

This is a discussion on How to fix QB Sim Stat Bug (Workaround) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2
How to fix QB Sim Stat Bug (Workaround)

Now, this is a tedious process but I promise it isn't as long as you think it is. Please try an follow instructions down to a tee. I have done this from scratch four times now an this is the most efficient/fastest way to do it without dealing with headaches in the future:

*****THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP****
First things first, I have a roster, need to learn how to upload it will work on that. Cant do anything without these roster tweaks: Any dbs--(i really didn't do all, probably like 75% of the 'aggressive' treated ones--which is like 18-25 dudes all together)--any dbs who had the player trait of aggressive for 'play ball in air' i changed to balanced..and for ****s n giggles i changed a few random balanced dudes to conservative… I may have also touched a couple of catch ratings (NO ratings changes were dramatic whatsoever…i changed catch ratings from like 92 to a 90 or something like that) just kinda chipped away at most of the dbs ratings. Idk how exactly you guys can find the roster because I'm new at this, but on MY xbox it's saved as SIMROSTER (idk if that matters) and my gamertag is tconzz22514 (I'm assuming that's what u need to find it?)

So step one: get my roster, or take 20 mins and do your own--i don't think you can download new roster into already started ccm

Step two: start connected career with the roster you just made/downloaded-eventually-when-i-put-it-up.

Step three: Choose YOUR team, make your owner or whatever.

Step four: Create 31 other owners (I just used all the active ones) --you might be able to do coaches, but just do what Im telling you to do *I don't know if this is necessary, but i hear people having trouble with advancing weeks without doing a bunch of stuff for teams, i don't have that problem, just when you create an owner thats not you, the ccm settings that first pop up, I go all the way to the bottom and make sure the bottom 4 are turned ON so that the CPU controls progression FA and stuff like that* i don't know if thats necessary tho..but again--take the ten mins and just do it…I've don't it like 6 times today already lol

Step five: Also, very important step. Press right stick down and choose any owner. Go to 'Team', 'Team Roadmap', 'Scheme', and change offensive playbook and offensive scheme, respectively, to the following:
chi- west coast/west coast
cin- west coast/balanced
buf- balanced/balanced
den- pass balanced/vertical
cle- run balanced/west coast
tb- run balanced/ balanced
ari- run balanced/ vertical
sd- west coast/ west coast
kc- run balanced/ balanced
ind- pass balanced/ vertical
dal- west coast/ balanced
mia- balanced/ power run
phi- run balanced/ zone run
atl- west coast/ vertical
sf- pistol/ power run
nyg- balanced/ balanced
jax- balanced/ west coast
nyj- run balanced/ vertical
det- pass balanced/ vertical
gb- pass balanced/ west coast
car- pistol/ power run
ne- pass balanced/ west coast
oak- balanced/ west coast
st.l- balanced/ power run
bal- balanced/ balanced
was- pistol/ west coast
no- pass balanced/ vertical
sea- pistol/ balanced
pit-balanced/ balanced
hou- balanced/ vertical
ten- balanced/ balanced
min- run balanced/ power run

repeat for every team EXCEPT for your team.

Step six (almost done): Press right stick down. Select your owner. Go to 'League', 'Settings', 'User Teams', and set all except for yours to Auto-pilot for 'unlimited' *this ties in with what i said earlier about turning the cpu on for team decisions and stuff when first starting*
*****DONT FORGET TO HIT RIGHT STICK BEFORE EVERY GAME AND CHANGE TO TEAM YOURE ABOUT TO PLAY AND CHANGE THE PLAYBOOK BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL, AND THEN BACK AFTER THE GAME IS OVER****

Step seven: enjoy these beautiful stats and make sure to share everything on here!

I'm getting a lot of messages and replies asking questions so I'll try and answer most of them here:

Keep in mind that when I set out to do this the purpose was to fix QB simulation statistics, nothing else. Meaning, I'm all for realism, but let's be real this is madden, total realism isn't going to happen. So I can live with a db getting 13 INTs as long as QB stats are cool. QB stats are so important because they play a role in rushes, wr stats, and defensive stats, along with the record of your team and the confidence mechanic. So if QB stats are right and everything else is close, I did my job. I'm usually very very good at getting madden to play the right way, an I feel like this madden is by far the best one in terms or realism and detail put into the books as crannies all over the game. These stats are very very good for the first season. And what makes me feel best about them is they vary every time you try it again--it's never te same results

Games you play should not be affected by this unless you don't change the Playbook of the team your playing before the game. Even f you don't do that, it's not detrimental, you'll just see a more generic playbook, no big deal. This process has done nothing to take away realism in sacrifice for statistics. Any scheme changes we made just fits the team better than the one in place before (the Denver broncos scheme was balanced offense, come on now lol) But were here for realism, so that's why I put that step in there.

The biggest changes I made to the roster was changing a defensive back's player trait for 'play ball in air' from aggressive to balanced. And then I spent literally a couple mins changing random balanced players to conservative. I literally only changed like 20 players traits and lowered a couple catch ratings one or two points. I didn't change all dudes catch stats to 60 or anything stupid like that. You really won't even notice any of it. I didn't spend mch time on this and it instantly improved all stats consistently, so I don't even want to do it to more dudes because I feel like I could do too much. But for the minor changes and such the dramatic improvement in stats, player traits play a huge rule in simmed stats---prolly a good thing to always keep in mind for future improvements*****

Personally, I haven't simmed more than one season so I can't answer question regarding long term sims in relation to trades, progression and draft picks. I can tell u that I get trade offers all the time from CPU. Others have said that everything works but I haven't checked. There's some real bad progression problems it sounds like, but I haven't even looked tbh. Give me a couple of days and I could take a peek at it

The roster IS NEEDED to get the results I came up with. If for whatever reason my upload didnt work or you can't find it, then DO IT yourself. I really didn't touch much, just changed some defensive player traits (like 25 DBS) and took one or two points off of their catch rating. (Peyton numbers are consistently low, so I added one point to each throw acc rating, and to be honest, he could probably use one or two more) These adjustments take like 20 minutes if you do them yourself. I know the roster is a deal breaker fr a lot of you but this is what makes things work.

If you're having problems with having to do a lot of maintenance for CPU teams before every week, it's probably because you isn't switch bottom 4 settings to ON for each owner when you first select all of the owners. Just switch to that owner by pressing right stick down and go to settlings. I don't know what the settings u have to change are word for word, but just go all the way to the bottom, the last one should already be ON and turn the three above it to ON. You have to do this for all owner except your own. (Unless you want all progression, drafting and trades and stuff to be simmed)

The loading screen glitch before games happens, I don't think it's related to any of this. Just quit madden and boot it back up that's wired for me very time so far.

I've Been doing all of this on my iPhone 4s so thanks fr bearing with me. Typing all this on an old phone is rough so apologies for rushed sentences and typos.

Also, I believe it was angel who I got this idea from an built off of. I wanna shout it him out and anyone else who had ideas. Thank you guys. I can answer more questions as well. Sorry if u messaged me an I didn't answer I've een busy the last couple days

Some cool things to note about those stats I got:

RGIII only played in 11 games
Madden consistently hates Peyton manning this year
Johnny Manziel started all 16 games Hoyer got hurt in preseason (manziel- 19TDs 24 INTs)
Ben Roethlisberger only played in 13 games but was like 10th or 12th in passing yards
AJ Green led league with 116 receptions i don't think i posted a pic of WR stats
Andre Johnson led the league with 1700 yards, the dude is a beast

PICTURES ON PAGE 69 of video thread I believe

Thanks guys..and sorry about the long post.

Last edited by Connolly22; 08-29-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How to fix QB Sim Stat Bug (Workaround)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly22
Im hoping to get this stickied because its legitimate:

This is how to get qb sim stats (and pretty much all other stats) to look good at the end of a season. I combined a few ideas after reading what people were doing and tried it and worked.

First things first, become an owner for CFM and choose what team YOU want to play as.

After that, create existing owners for all other 31 teams. (I changed FA signing, pre-game prep and stuff to auto for all owner except me, IDK if you have to do that because they will be on auto-pilot later)

Start career

Click right stick and select any team other than yours.

Go to 'Team'/ 'Team Roadmap'/ 'Scheme'…change offensive playbook to match the team's play style. (Run n gun is complicated passing plays with different options and audibles, West coast is pretty much most of the NFL with passing most of the plays, etc)

Also, change scheme to match team's style of play

Do this for every team.

Go to 'Settings'/ 'User controlled Teams' and put every team on "Auto-pilot" except your own team.

play 5,000,000,000 seasons of madden with legitimate stats. I just smoked so if i forgot a step, or like 9 steps let me know.. thanks guys
Don't forget to save that as a template. Also, can we get some input on Playbooks/Schemes per team? It could be a good starting point for most on here.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thank you for putting the time in and doing this.

I just have one question. Will the 31 other teams being on auto-pilot screw up the draft where the user would have to draft every player?
Old 08-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

locked use the sim stat thread...locked
Old 08-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Reopened per confirmation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

This is Connelly's most recent instructions post.

*****THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP****
First things first, I have a roster, need to learn how to upload it will work on that. Cant do anything without these roster tweaks: Any dbs--(i really didn't do all, probably like 75% of the 'aggressive' treated ones--which is like 18-25 dudes all together)--any dbs who had the player trait of aggressive for 'play ball in air' i changed to balanced..and for ****s n giggles i changed a few random balanced dudes to conservative… I may have also touched a couple of catch ratings (NO ratings changes were dramatic whatsoever…i changed catch ratings from like 92 to a 90 or something like that) just kinda chipped away at most of the dbs ratings

So step one: get my roster, or take 20 mins and do your own--i don't think you can download new roster into already started ccm

Step two: start connected career with the roster you just made/downloaded-eventually-when-i-put-it-up.

Step three: Choose YOUR team, make your owner or whatever.

Step four: Create 31 other owners---you might be able to do coaches, but just do what Im telling you to do *I don't know if this is necessary, but i hear people having trouble with advancing weeks without doing a bunch of stuff for teams, i don't have that problem, just when you create an owner thats not you, the ccm settings that first pop up, I go all the way to the bottom and make sure the bottom 4 are turned ON so that the CPU controls progression FA and stuff like that* i don't know if thats necessary tho..but again--take the ten mins and just do it…I've don't it like 6 times today already lol

Step five: Also, very important step. Press right stick down and choose any owner. Go to 'Team', 'Team Roadmap', 'Scheme', and change offensive playbook and offensive scheme, respectively, to the following:
chi- pass balanced/west coast
cin- pass balanced/balanced
buf- pass balanced/balanced
den- run n gun/west coast
cle- run balanced/west coast
tb- run balanced/ balanced
ari- run balanced/ vertical
sd- west coast/ vertical
kc- run balanced/ balanced
ind- west coast/ vertical
dal- west coast/ balanced
mia- pass balanced/ power run
phi- run balanced/ zone run
atl- west coast/ vertical
sf- pistol/ power run
nyg- pass balanced/ balanced
jax- balanced/ west coast
nyj- run balanced/ vertical
det- west coast/ vertical
gb- pass balanced/ west coast
car- pistol/ power run
ne- run n gun/ west coast
oak- balanced/ west coast
st.l- pass balanced/ power run
bal- balanced/ balanced
was- pistol/ west coast
no- west coast/ vertical
sea- pistol/ balanced
pit-balanced/ balanced
hou- balanced/ vertical
ten- pass balanced/ balanced
min- run balanced/ power run

repeat for every team EXCEPT for your team.

Step six (almost done): Press right stick down. Select your owner. Go to 'League', 'Settings', 'User Teams', and set all except for yours to Auto-pilot for 'unlimited' *this ties in with what i said earlier about turning the cpu on for team decisions and stuff when first starting*
*****DONT FORGET TO HIT RIGHT STICK BEFORE EVERY GAME AND CHANGE TO TEAM TOURE ABOUT TO PLAY AND CHANGE THE PLAYBOOK BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL, AND THEN BACK AFTER THE GAME IS OVER****

Step seven: enjoy these beautiful stats and make sure to share everything on here!

Some cool things to note about those stats I got:

RGIII only played in 11 games
Madden consistently hates Peyton manning this year
Johnny Manziel started all 16 games Hoyer got hurt in preseason (manziel- 19TDs 24 INTs)
Ben Roethlisberger only played in 13 games but was like 10th or 12th in passing yards
AJ Green led league with 116 receptions i don't think i posted a pic of WR stats
Andre Johnson led the league with 1700 yards, the dude is a beast

Thanks guys..and sorry about the long post.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

So this work around will get the game so that it's ready or offline career!? Guess I'll cave and buy it this afternoon!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

My only question is why do you have to change the teams playbook back to default when you play them? Wouldnt they play more realistic if they are playing like they really do in real life?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »