Home

Players Demanding Transfer

This is a discussion on Players Demanding Transfer within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Players Demanding Transfer

Arrrrrrrrrrgh. Just had this happen to me in my career mode. Now I have had plenty of guys demand out before who weren't getting playing time and had a reason to be unhappy. This time though - my star player (a YA grown player @ striker who is 2nd in the BPL in goals) just shocked me and wanted out. He has no reason to want out either. He plays well. He starts every game he is healthy for. Our team is doing well (fighting for a Euro Champ bid). And he is paid well.

Out of nowhere this Jan xfer window he is demanding out....and if I end up having to sell him it will gut my team as he is the key my entire offense is built around for years to come.

So - a few questions for you guys with more experience:
- Any tricks for keeping him?
- Can I just not list him (has 2.5 yrs left) and will he eventually come around or will he get more upset.
- Any ideas what would cause an otherwise happy player to randomly demand out?

I still have time this window to make some moves so I am willing to do pretty much anything to keep him (even if I have to sell others to offer him stupid $$$). Thoughts?

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 10:39 PM   #2
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Players Demanding Transfer

I've seen that loan listing players who request to leave has worked well, because then you just reject all the loan offers and usually no one will come in with actual transfer offers.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 02-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
I've seen that loan listing players who request to leave has worked well, because then you just reject all the loan offers and usually no one will come in with actual transfer offers.
Will the player then become willing to stay before the next window and re-sign again?

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 02-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

The CEO of the team will go behind your back and sell him for 1/3 of what he is worth if you don't take action.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
The CEO of the team will go behind your back and sell him for 1/3 of what he is worth if you don't take action.
I offer them a new contract and sometimes that will end the drama.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
I offer them a new contract and sometimes that will end the drama.
This. Money talks, up his salary.

Also you should praise him at the press conference every chance you get.

Depending where you are in the season, start scouting like crazy. You can normally get a good return for players that demand a transfer, it seems like their agents are unscrupulous and stir up the market. Almost without fail if I let the player go, I can find a player that is just as good or better for less money. Even better if they are younger and still improving. Sometimes I can get two players just as good or nearly as good for the same transfer fee and salary as the one leaving.

Look for the same position and the same traits. When you find some, scout the best of them. Also see who is available on loan. Invariably there is a young, extremely talented player available for loan from one of the big clubs. Always Enquire from the club before you bid. Sometimes the club wants far more than their "worth" (younger players usually). Every once ina while, especially if the player is in poor form, the club will shock you with a very low demand. I've gotten $3mil players for $500k. Kind of funny when you do that, there is always a news article that the opposing fans are mad at their front office for giving a player away.

So, lots of ways to deal with this. Creates opportunity.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #7
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Yea, overpay the guy and he'll magically be happy.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ive had a few different scenarios with this where I took off the transfer then re added it and the CEO did not go behind my back and sell him and eventually the drama just went away

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »