Home

Worst rage moment this game caused?

This is a discussion on Worst rage moment this game caused? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-01-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Worst rage moment this game caused?

we all know this game can be a pain in the you know what. what's the craziest thing you have done in lieu of the game cheating or just loosing.

for myself, i do my pound the living hell out of my bed routine. which is rare because games dont usually tic me off. this game does a good job of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Worst rage moment this game caused?

I have a heavy bag (boxing accessory for those who don't know) in my room, but I've only truly used it once in rage. Last week I went down 27-2 vs the Bulls as the Bucks on superstar/sim. Every shot for me was way off including 4-5 airballs despite many good looks, while they couldn't miss no matter how contested the shot was. Couldn't draw fouls either so I just turned it off with 3 or 4 minutes left in the first quarter.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

One thing I love more than life itself is when players stop&pop or do a midrange moving jumper instead of going to the basket. And of course, they miss because you already released the joystick or the square button since you thought they would go for a lay up or to get a foul. Especially when it happens in the final minutes of a game on a 3vs1 transition.

Makes me want to throw my controller into the screen.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yo, don't take this the wrong way Quigley because your post still has me cracking up, but that is why i'll never play any game on the highest difficulty. it purposely cheats. Anyway, thanks for the laugh man. Needed it!
Old 03-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfan81
Yo, don't take this the wrong way Quigley because your post still has me cracking up, but that is why i'll never play any game on the highest difficulty. it purposely cheats. Anyway, thanks for the laugh man. Needed it!
Haha it's all good. Up until that game, I'd actually been having pretty good results with those settings. The other member's post reminds me that I also missed a pair of wide open driving layups in that game. It was truly unbelievable to watch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

The worst was probably during a myteam game in 2k14 (ps3) when i broke my controller with my bare hands. That thing was actually surprisingly tough considering it always felt so light and flimsy, maybe i'm just a weakling. That was an exception though, usually my rage was limited to an expletive and swift punch like most people.

Somewhat surprisingly i haven't raged a single time on the ps4 in either 2k14 or 2k15. Probably because i realize i have very little control over the outcome. Take my most recent myteam game for example:

- i'm up 2 with about 30 seconds to go
- i get called for a flagrant foul for a foul animation that happens all the time
- he makes his free throws, tied game
- obviously he gets the ball back
- he runs full speed into my defender and launches a shot from just inside the 3 point line over my defender (while i'm right in his face with my hands up). All net... (he must've made 15 or 20 of those throughout the game, makes no sense at all)
- down 2
- i manage to get a wide open (nobody within 6-8ft) dunk for sapphire brook lopez. He misses and of course my opponent gets the rebound.

Obviously i ended up losing. All i could do was just shake my head, roll my eyes and laugh. On the ps3 i'd rage because this kind of scenario was more of an exception, but on the ps4 it's pretty much the norm so you basically just expect it to happen.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:33 AM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Most of my rage comes from the 3rd quarter comeback nonsense that 2K insists doesn't exist.

Was playing this guy with the Pistons user who went on a 13-0 in the 3rd and he decided to keep pausing the game and telling me to quit lol.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #8
Banned

FrequentFlyer15's Arena

me & my friends play this game almost every day but not because it's a good game , it's just the only one on the market i'm not counting live 15 cuz it's a definition of trash, but maan this game is weak as f***. We managed to break since christmas total 17 ps4 controllers just because of this game, if i can remember i broken like 5 of them because of FU**ING MOMENTUM in this game, 45 seconds before the end i lead by 6pts with houston against weak milwaukee but momentum was on the bucks side so of the inbound i tried to pass to ball to Beverley for quick iso on MCW but guess what ball off the inbound goes THROUGH the hands of Beverly straight outta bounds..next possesion Dudley sinks 3pointer, i ran the offense with 30 seconds on the clock, Miles fu**ing yeah you read it good MILES FU**ING PLUMLEE strips the ball from the guess who ? James Harden and Bayless sinks another 3pointer for the tie..that's the moment i broken the controller into million pieces actually i stomped it but that's not all, few nights ago we played 2on2 quick game, so me & my cousin played with raptors against thunder (W/O durant) 15 seconds left in the 4th raptors lead by 1, we set up the defense to protect the paint, valanciunas and amir johnson under the rim, james johnson also swarming the paint with lou williams and derozan also..Kanter inbounds the ball to westbrook who sprints down the court pull up somewhere near the free throw line and DUNKS over valanciunas for the win ????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!? instantly threw the ps4 dualshock into lcd and broke both of them, this game is just heavily momentum ridden and unrealistic as hell..i know westbrook can jump but pleaseeeeeeeee i'm sick of the unrealistic things in this game..but i can't help myself since i'm avid fan of the game and this game is only semi playable game on the market right now but to be real this game also is piece of c**p, i can't wait for someone to make decent basketball game, this game only looks good but under the hood you got westbrook dunking over trees, leaner threes from almost half of the court, heavily animation ridden moves, shoes looks like bricks on feet with unmatched colorway (zoom soldier VII and VIII) , fake shoe model for hyperrev, i was 2k fan since early days on dreamcast and those were the times when they actually tried hard to make something good nowadays they just add minor things to improve graphics, rosters and such but game itself is just mediocre as hell, no rim and ball physics makes the ball bounce same way all the time, refs judging the game like they were on codeine before the game, out of 20 games i can say i enjoy 2-3 matches, sometimes just the game won't allow me to take the lead if i play with weaker team with no momentum like when i play with brooklyn i trail all the game by 5-6 points and then suddenly in 4th quarter opponents hit couple of threes in a row to put the nail in the coffin and whole game biggest lead was maybe 5-6 points, no matter what i do i can't take lead in some games..there was one situation when i nailed three pointer with BKN vs OKC with 0:09 before the end of the game, i nailed corner three with JJ but somehow Plumlee made loose ball foul so my three wasn't counted and i lost the game, that sh*t frustrates me more than anything it's okay to play against someone and lose the game that's fair but when i play against opponent and against the game who won't allow me to win no matter what, that's just straight bull****. 60 $ for the game, 1200 $ lcd tv, 17 controllers x 60 $ = 1020 $ .. the moment i break the controller pricele$$. Damn 2k, i would give this game a gold medal but not for the sports game of the year but for the game that made me destroy half of my house while playing it, maybe this all sounds bad but when u miss 6 straight midrange (uncontested) jumpers with likes of Kyle Korver there's nothing you can do but smash the controller and maybe smash the ps4 console also sometimes in the future..with the hammer, i would break the disc long time ago if i had one, luckily it's a digital copy stored on HDD, i'm still waiting for the unrealistic moment of the year on 2k15 so i can unplug my ps4 and break it off the edge of my living room table ! #hellyeah make some more games like this so we can stress the hell out of our consoles, living rooms, houses and such !

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »