Home

Just your average RTTP game?

This is a discussion on Just your average RTTP game? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

OVR: 0
Just your average RTTP game?

Pretty much the average box score after most games. Some closer than others... I was the away Team, and to start off the game when he had momentum, he was shooting like 60-70% from 3 for the first half.

Notice the insane assist differential... Worst part is that it wasn't even Iso shots killing me. If you torch me in an Iso situation without zig zagging then I could care less, but zig zagging is too effective even on good on ball defense. Percentages do catch up to you but there are those occasions where they don't.

He had a 2 point lead at one point, which didn't last too long but still. For the majority of the first half and half of the 3rd quarter it was just volume 3's and zig zagging for open long range perimeter shots.

Once I clamped down on defense he couldn't get most of them off with a clean look. He still however was knocking down highly contested shots.

3 point chuckers can hang with anyone it seems, as my last game was a 88-83, but I forgot to screen shot the box score. The guy zigged all game long and shot like 45% from 3 on like 40 attempts.

This patch is nice for us who get shooters open the right way and then we knock down the shots. However, the zig zagging ruins it... A shot penalty resulting from zigging and zagging should be implementing. And stripping the ball from those players should be a lot easier like someone has mentioned here before.

Last edited by Readysetdiego; 03-30-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Just your average RTTP game?

Even if you contest heavily they'll shoot 55% usually.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbandy10
Even if you contest heavily they'll shoot 55% usually.
Yea, thats happened to me a few times. It's stupid, not to mention lockdown defender seems to be useless in this game.

Oh and I bought a Jordan, and I can't upgrade his PLD badge at all, everything else is gold
Old 03-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Remember when people considered scoring a high percentage of your points in the paint to be cheese?
Old 03-31-2015, 02:30 AM   #5
MVP

Really average game. Most have more than thirty 3 pointers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 05:50 AM   #6
Banned

It looks like a quick game to me not MT. Why are the teams named Orlando Magic and Brooklyn Nets? Normally the teams have custom names like the Brooklyn Blue Waffles or whatever.

I didn't even know Orlando was an option I thought you could only use florida?
Old 03-31-2015, 06:06 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readysetdiego
Oh and I bought a Jordan, and I can't upgrade his PLD badge at all, everything else is gold
Since he came with the badge, upgrading it "consumes" an open badge slot. If he doesn't have it by default, it seems to work fine. Same goes for drop stepper.

So, assuming he has no empty slots, he can't upgrade either badge. If he has 1 empty, and Drop Stepper is gold, it's likely that.

That's been the result of my testing so far.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:13 AM   #8
Banned

And I don't think there's an issue with taking that many 3 point shots. That's how some teams are built irl. Look at Houston they can take about 30 three point attempts on any given night.

The difference is how you do it. If you're swinging the ball to the weak side, playing 4-1 and using screens or plays etc to get guys open then I see no issue with it whatsoever.

But when you're zig zagging and hitting fade aways from 30ft. Thats just cheese.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »