Home

Sniping Tips

This is a discussion on Sniping Tips within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sniping Tips

Can anyone share any tips on how to snipe? I'm not very good at it and want to get better. Any recommended filters I should use? Thanks

PG- Stephen Curry
SG- Paul George
SF- Diamond Durant
PF- Sapphire David Robinson
C- Sapphire Yao Ming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Sniping Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing195
Can anyone share any tips on how to snipe? I'm not very good at it and want to get better. Any recommended filters I should use? Thanks
Nope. Sharing sniping tips pretty much defeats the purpose of sniping. Figure it yourself my friend!
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 05-28-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretius8
Nope. Sharing sniping tips pretty much defeats the purpose of sniping. Figure it yourself my friend!
Welp I guess asking doesnt hurt

PG- Stephen Curry
SG- Paul George
SF- Diamond Durant
PF- Sapphire David Robinson
C- Sapphire Yao Ming
Old 05-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #4
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Unhappy Re: Sniping Tips

Devote a crap load of time to roaming the markets, and learning what every player is worth and what they sell for. There is a difference. Start with a particular card trype (ruby, onyx, etc.) to study and go from there. After a while, you'll figure out who nets the highest and most consistent profits.

I have over 300k MT and have completed the 14-15 collection with no money spent, but I get on the auction house before work, after work, and before I go to bed every day. Go read some stuff on supply and demand if you aren't already very knowledgeable on the concept.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 05-29-2015, 12:00 AM   #5
Chi
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_cow_tipper
Devote a crap load of time to roaming the markets, and learning what every player is worth and what they sell for.
This.

AH market refreshes every 15mins or so, so watch the market right after it does. Target 1-3 specific players to start with. I'm 40 odd cards from A.I so it helps with getting cards as cheap as possible, and with patience it does happen.

Going for the throwback players is usually a good bet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 04:42 AM   #6
Rookie

I wanted to have Sapphire Maravich. To do it you need all cards in 70-71 Hawks collection.

I bought all those Hawks players easily for reasonable prices, even Gold Maravich himself was for under 5k MT. But there was one bronze player (Bill Bridges I think) for whom I spent a few weeks looking on the AH and for some reason he was either not available or on sale for insane prices, like 50k MT!

Just for a bronze player...

I guess my tip would be, study the market, try completing collections yourself. You'll find out which players are rare and valuable. Most people don't know the real values of these rare players and will sell them for the lowest price...
Old 05-29-2015, 05:07 AM   #7
Rookie

Sell your soul
Old 05-29-2015, 05:21 AM   #8
MVP

buy players every day a new pack arrives (ruby or thursday friday) were people are selling more players to have MT to buy packs.

Sell players on Monday's Tuesdays were less people are selling.

If you do not have lots of spare time, use this time to play THE GAME, and not the AH. Or else buy a stock option game and not a basketball one, or play the real markets if you are very good (like most of the OS community) and become real rich

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »