Home

My 2 hours with Live 16

This is a discussion on My 2 hours with Live 16 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 01:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My 2 hours with Live 16

Got a chance to play live today at the e3. Im happy to say I was impressed with the game. Going in with low expectations I was almost blown away.

Not because the game was/is perfect. Not because its better than the competition. But because I felt like it is actually now competitve.

I thought the incredible upgrade from last year to this was just insane. So much has been touched on. I know a lot of guys here thought the game looked good last year. I wasn't one of them. I thought it was passable. But this year the models and the consistency was awesome. Even the fit of the jerseys I thought was spot on. The game really looks great.

Bigger and more important for me was the movement and pacing. I couldn't believe how much like live '10 it felt. Ryan Santos was there to guide me through things , shout out to dude, and it was helpful. I appreciate all he wants to accomplish in the game. The new shooting mechanics, while not necessarily a "new" thing, is a definite step in the right direction.

Rough spots for me was the crispness of passing. Some wonky animations between the transitions was apparent. And although they said this was an alpha build, believe it or not, if it didn't improve at all it's still an incredible improvement.

I won't think twice about picking this up and I know theres a couple big announcements to come. I will be back tomorrow to make sure I wasn't smoking the good stuff!!! @23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 01:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: My 2 hours with Live 16

Can you touch on the dribbling for us, were you able to handle the ball and chain together any moves? I want to know if we can split the trap/hedge by changing directions or crossing over. With LiveMotion it seems like it would be possible to achieve since the defender is going hard one way and u suddenly cut back the opposite way it should make for some sweet looking drives to the rack
"I've never really paid that much attention to it.. know what I'm saying? I'm just a player, I'm a player Greg, and I just play with whatever they put.. if we are gonna play with a sock, then we gon play with a sock." Delonte "The Golden Panther" West
Old 06-17-2015, 01:52 AM   #3
Rookie

absolutely able to chain together some of those type moves. using curry and kyrie there was definite advantages to the dribbling moves I could pull off versus using lebron or klay or even jr smith. Pretty slick. Reading and reacting instead of just necessarily counting on knowing which sets of animations were gonna kick in was a treat.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:54 AM   #4
Rookie

oh, and then to have some sweet layups like the one you posted solicited all kinds of oooohs and aaaaahs ..... i was shocked.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:06 AM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiclakers32
I won't think twice about picking this up and I know theres a couple big announcements to come. I will be back tomorrow to make sure I wasn't smoking the good stuff!!! @23

Yes bro... you're on that E3 dust
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 02:07 AM   #6
Rookie

Vic Viper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiclakers32
oh, and then to have some sweet layups like the one you posted solicited all kinds of oooohs and aaaaahs ..... i was shocked.
You gotta stop teasing man. Lol I'm really glad to read your feedback and experience. Did the NBA Live team say when they were going to show 5 on 5 gameplay? Today or tomorrow? (Central Time here)
Old 06-17-2015, 02:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Magiclakers32 you should see if you can get any footage tomorrow (ex phone , camera glasses) and how was the shooting and camera angles. Did the player model look good from a distance or just close up. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2015, 02:32 AM   #8
Rookie

lol @ 23....im telling you bro. lol.

i asked, but they said i could only take pics.

the models look good no matter what angle. my friend who went with me, who couldn't play 5 minutes of last years game played several games with me. He was also in awe of the jump from last year to this.

Again. Im not saying its a 2k killer or nothing like that. But I thought last year guys were really reaching to make that game more than it was, which was baaaad. But it is definitely much improved. And in every way.

post game still lacking . some awful finishes around the rim animation wise. But the movement and feel is definitely very good. No question. The pacing and speed was awesome at default. Although ryan and I both agreed it could be slowed down a notch or two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »