Home

Announcers disappear after a few minutes

This is a discussion on Announcers disappear after a few minutes within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Announcers disappear after a few minutes

Right it's been happening in my games and I'm wondering if it happens to anybody else here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 09:47 AM   #2
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Announcers disappear after a few minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Right it's been happening in my games and I'm wondering if it happens to anybody else here.
My latest post in impressions thread Goffs. Unfortunately at this state the game is unplayable.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
Rookie

dre2's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm getting that and the micro stutter on my end. Didn't expect it to be perfect out of the box but c'mon 2K, these are legacy issues...my rig is a damned savage too so I know it isn't that (i7 3930k, GTX Titan, ROG 4 board with 32 gb ram).
Old 09-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2
I'm getting that and the micro stutter on my end. Didn't expect it to be perfect out of the box but c'mon 2K, these are legacy issues...my rig is a damned savage too so I know it isn't that (i7 3930k, GTX Titan, ROG 4 board with 32 gb ram).
It really seems the better the rig, the worse the performance, but that could just be a coincidence. I wonder if we should even bother contacting 2K support -- they'll just give us a canned answer with no information, won't they?
Old 09-25-2015, 12:07 PM   #5
Rookie

willcoll's Arena

OVR: 1

Also having this issue. Not game breaking but it's a shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/signup?ref=401236
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #6
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcoll
Also having this issue. Not game breaking but it's a shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you mean it is not gaming breaking?! Commentary is one of the strongest gameplay elements of NBA2k.
I think the commentators can't stand watching that lag fest so they simply stop commenting.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #7
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
It really seems the better the rig, the worse the performance, but that could just be a coincidence. I wonder if we should even bother contacting 2K support -- they'll just give us a canned answer with no information, won't they?
You're right that 2K support will just be generic troubleshooting. You might get lucky and happen to connect with someone who knows something about the game, but honestly, your best bet is to pop over to NLSC and add to the thread about it there. Leftos tended to be quite responsive last year over there and we got fixes for similar issues in a timely manner (he might still check here too, but NLSC is the better bet).

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic...571e508e6f1cd4

EDIT: He's already investigating the stuttering at least:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
For those of you that are experiencing stuttering, can you please reply with your DxDiag.txt and VideoSettings.cfg file attached (preferrably zipped together)? Are you an Nvidia or AMD owner?

You can get a DxDiag.txt by running dxdiag (just press the Windows key or click on the start menu and type in dxdiag and run it) and then click on "Save All Information..."
You can get your VideoSettings.cfg by opening Explorer and going to %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K16.

Also, if you open your VideoSettings.cfg file in Notepad, do you see your main graphics card (AMD/NVidia) there or is it the onboard one (e.g. Intel)?

I'll try to pass on as much information as I can.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 09-25-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

This, for me, is pretty unacceptable. The game prides itself on presentation and yet for long periods of time in the game the announcers are basically muted until some random act brings them back, be it end of a quarter, a big dunk, what have you. The feel is completely gone when they're not there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »