Home

I'm absolutely loving Play Now Online

This is a discussion on I'm absolutely loving Play Now Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 07:39 AM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
I'm absolutely loving Play Now Online

First off let me say: I know there are some documented issues with Play Now Online...and hopefully the dev team can address these issues and improve it....there are plenty of legitimate laundry lists in other threads.

That said, I've been having so much fun with this mode.

I think my favorite part is that teams Tier 1-3 can compete based on the users talent..I haven't played this many Knick users online in years. I played a Kings user last night who was really good as well and honestly pushed me to the limit...reminds me a lot of 2K11.

I've been kicked out of ONE game since launch and the servers in general have been great. (One beef I do have is that I lost the game I was kicked from) BUT this thread is about those of us enjoying it.

Hopefully it continues to be a great experience. If any OS'ers want to play on PSN add me: Mr24thLetter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: I'm absolutely loving Play Now Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
First off let me say: I know there are some documented issues with Play Now Online...and hopefully the dev team can address these issues and improve it....there are plenty of legitimate laundry lists in other threads.

That said, I've been having so much fun with this mode.

I think my favorite part is that teams Tier 1-3 can compete based on the users talent..I haven't played this many Knick users online in years. I played a Kings user last night who was really good as well and honestly pushed me to the limit...reminds me a lot of 2K11.

I've been kicked out of ONE game since launch and the servers in general have been great. (One beef I do have is that I lost the game I was kicked from) BUT this thread is about those of us enjoying it.

Hopefully it continues to be a great experience. If any OS'ers want to play on PSN add me: Mr24thLetter
I'm not even an online guy anymore due to user behavior and 2k past server .But that mode would make a offline gamer play way more online because of 2 things.

1. I have said this in another thread but Online server are exceptional on my end. I can't remember where I could switch from offline to online and the release point for players are the same. I mean there is no lag in the release so not having to learn 2 different release points for each player is great on my end. Kudos to the 2k server engineer you have a solid foundation to work on.

2. I actually like this mode as you do see different teams plus there are goal and reward and even demotion so it brings purpose to it besides being on top of a leaderboard which I could care less about.

Once they clean up a few things I would actually play that more than ever. Quick question, I saw where you can buy wins. Unless I am reading that wrong does that mean you can pay to be the greatest of all time and get trophies . I hope I am looking at that wrong because that kill the immersion for me .

Also I would like to see in future 2k play now online have a league based module so you would play like minded people in say the OS league . Kinda like my crew. Your varsity players can play other varsity players in other play now leagues. There would still be a "quick play" version but adding leagues takes it to another level. I guess I am really asking to bring back lobbies except in a more structured and meaningful way.

Sent from my Z830 using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Some good ideas there Dave...and I agree with you.

No, you cant buy actual ranked wins...just "wins" to shorten the games needed to reach the next tier....which you can be knocked back out of if you can't maintain in that level...

This is the first year I have really dove into online...really feels like I picked a good year
Old 10-06-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

yep 24 th
online seems legit this year
i have some good games.
what strucks me and i see that as an achievment from 2 K is the better you play offline the better you will be online.
In the past the way to play the game offline was so different that the way you have to play online.
i d'like to add you if it s ok 24 Th ? i m in europe so i may be available fridays and saturdays for some games (yeah i play @ nite when kids are asleep...)
PSN Id :boxandbom226
any sim osers feel free to add me

Last edited by ronnieb; 10-06-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Some good ideas there Dave...and I agree with you.

No, you cant buy actual ranked wins...just "wins" to shorten the games needed to reach the next tier....which you can be knocked back out of if you can't maintain in that level...

This is the first year I have really dove into online...really feels like I picked a good year
I always test out online in the beginning. And then I try to find a league to play in. But playing online has been a breath of fresh air. In 3 games last night. I played the Kings, Bucks and then the Pistons.

My only bad thing to say about my online experiences. Is the same color jersey wearing like your video. Picking the same teams (not that bad) but sucks. And finally, not being able to quit at the start menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 09:44 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

The tier system is great. Most of my games are against the Tier 1 teams of course but it makes it that much better when I beat them with a Tier 3 team
Old 10-06-2015, 09:45 AM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaridas
The tier system is great. Most of my games are against the Tier 1 teams of course but it makes it that much better when I beat them with a Tier 3 team
How does this system work this year? I still don't fully understand the tier system. Could someone explain? Maybe I should start a different different thread.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Haven't tried it yet because I prefer player the player locked modes but maybe I come back to the old school style of 1 v1 this year
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »