Home

Final confirmation on Trades?

This is a discussion on Final confirmation on Trades? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 10:28 PM   #1
Rookie

doublek's Arena

OVR: 4
Final confirmation on Trades?

I know I'm not alone here, but when you play MyLeague or MyGM and you are bargaining with the other teams back and forth about a trade, I wonder if we can get a confirmation when the CPU team accepts my offer patched in?

Currently, as soon as they accept the trade, it just automatically goes through. Sometimes maybe my brain was making the decision to give up some major pieces but my heart might need a minute to veto it... haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 10:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Final confirmation on Trades?

Yes definitely needed. Madden has this issue as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 10:45 AM   #3
Rookie

Yes!! this is definitely needed! always makes me think that I have given away too much when they accept the first trade offer I make!
Old 09-25-2016, 11:50 PM   #4
Rookie

doublek's Arena

Can this be patch in? Or is it something that I should probably look for in the next installment?
Old 09-26-2016, 12:09 AM   #5
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

I mean this is realistic though. Especially if you pay more than you need to early on. You start lowballing them then work your way up from there. Never give up more than you are willing to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 02:40 AM   #6
Rookie

doublek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
I mean this is realistic though. Especially if you pay more than you need to early on. You start lowballing them then work your way up from there. Never give up more than you are willing to.
If you are looking at signing contracts in real life, you get to read everything through and through after the offer is made before signing it. Plus this is a video game, having a confirmation before I do anything life-changing (in game anyway ) should be a given...
Old 09-26-2016, 07:18 AM   #7
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublek
If you are looking at signing contracts in real life, you get to read everything through and through after the offer is made before signing it. Plus this is a video game, having a confirmation before I do anything life-changing (in game anyway ) should be a given...
I agree but the road goes both ways. If the CPU actually took a second before realizing hmm maybe I shouldnt trade away my draft pick if I am uncertain about my future. Or maybe I shouldnt trade away a prospect for an aging veteran on a large contract. But I defiently get what you are saying.

My only advice would be to make a backup save before you make any big changes to your team. I generally make a save right before trade deadline, before the draft and before free agency. At least last year this year I may not.

Another alternative is if it is MyLeague turn off the trade rules and turn on override and reverse the trade then turn the rules back on.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:52 PM   #8
Rookie

doublek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
I agree but the road goes both ways. If the CPU actually took a second before realizing hmm maybe I shouldnt trade away my draft pick if I am uncertain about my future. Or maybe I shouldnt trade away a prospect for an aging veteran on a large contract. But I defiently get what you are saying.

My only advice would be to make a backup save before you make any big changes to your team. I generally make a save right before trade deadline, before the draft and before free agency. At least last year this year I may not.

Another alternative is if it is MyLeague turn off the trade rules and turn on override and reverse the trade then turn the rules back on.
Those advice don't work on MyGM, where you don't have the ability to make a different save. (Which I supposed, add the realism that you can't turn back)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »