Home

Every game is 0-0 if you're on top

This is a discussion on Every game is 0-0 if you're on top within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-20-2016, 05:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Every game is 0-0 after the patch

Hi.

I have an issue when I'm leading the league, it seems I simply cannot score anymore. I've now had 4x 0-0 games in the last 5 games and one 0-1 loss. I don't find it realistic nor fun at all.

It's a real borefest to be honest, there's just nothing fun about playing 0-0 games. I don't mind losing either, but not scoring at all is getting frustrating.

And when I wasn't on top of the league I managed to score a lot more, but now it's just fighting versus superb defense, where everyone times their tackles just to perfection and every team forms a sort of a bus at the back and so on. Boring.

I'm playing on world class, but I'm just wondering if others are facing the same problems? And if you got any tips for me how to score goals.

I'm usually holding 65-70% possession, have about 10-15 shots with 85% shot accuracy, while AI has 2-3 shots and 30-35% possession.

Last edited by NinthFall; 10-23-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 06:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Every game is 0-0 if you're on top

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
Hi.

I have an issue when I'm leading the league, it seems I simply cannot score anymore. I've now had 4x 0-0 games in the last 5 games and one 0-1 loss. I don't find it realistic nor fun at all.

It's a real borefest to be honest, there's just nothing fun about playing 0-0 games. I don't mind losing either, but not scoring at all is getting frustrating.

And when I wasn't on top of the league I managed to score a lot more, but now it's just fighting versus superb defense, where everyone times their tackles just to perfection and every team forms a sort of a bus at the back and so on. Boring.

I'm playing on world class, but I'm just wondering if others are facing the same problems? And if you got any tips for me how to score goals.

I'm usually holding 65-70% possession, have about 10-15 shots with 85% shot accuracy, while AI has 2-3 shots and 30-35% possession.
I've come across the same problem recently. Played four games 0-0 and then, in the fifth game, I finaly managed to score and won the match 6-1. I don't know if the AI respectively the GK gets better whenever the system detects that you are ''too good'' or what sort of bug this is but you are not the only one experiencing this.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
Rookie

I have the same problem. I'm Napoli and was killing it. Scoring about 3-5 goals a game and even beat Barcelona in the preseason final. Get 5 or 6 games into league play and now it's either 1-1 or 0-0 every game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 04:38 PM   #4
Rookie

The new patch has made it harder to score. The goalies keep better position and the defensive line seems to be more active and deflect more balls. I've been having a tougher time breaking through since the update.

That being said its not the end of the world, we just need to find new ways to score. I actually like that the game changes from time to time as far as competitive balance. My career was getting stale and I wanted to leave for a new team but the new update has renewed the challenge for me.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #5
Banned

yeah, it might be the patch, because thinking the game would force you to not score anymore if you're top table is one of the worst "scripting" conspiracy theories i've seen about fifa.

the game definitely has no catch-up code based on league tables. but if your strikers play bad one or two games, they might pick bad form and play a bit worse in the next few games. nothing overwhelming though, just a very mild and temporary ratings drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdbraden
The new patch has made it harder to score. The goalies keep better position and the defensive line seems to be more active and deflect more balls. I've been having a tougher time breaking through since the update.

That being said its not the end of the world, we just need to find new ways to score. I actually like that the game changes from time to time as far as competitive balance. My career was getting stale and I wanted to leave for a new team but the new update has renewed the challenge for me.
In a sense it's better and more realistic, but it's really not fun when every team is the same. There really should be more variation to playing for example versus Arsenal or versus Sunderland. Ok, maybe the premier league is a bad comparison, but say Barcelona or Sporting Gijon. There's no game breaking difference.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:10 PM   #7
Rookie

It seems like the computer only has 3 settings: Attack, Counter Attack and Defend.

At the end of the day though the elite teams play elite more often than not when it matters.

In my first two season of career mode (West Ham) I have finished 2nd in the FA Cup, 2nd in the Euro Cup, and lost in the Semis of the Champions Cup to Spurs, Man U and Real Madrid respectively. They were all statistically better than me and they played to win. I wish I would have won something but I'm glad that when I eventually do it'll be earned.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:24 AM   #8
Rookie

I also believe that it's the patch now, but I still have no idea what to do.

I'm getting tired of scoring only once in 15 shots. Also it seems I can't hit long shots to the net anymore, anyone else?

It's just not very fun to play like this so if anyone has any tips on scoring I'd be glad to hear

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »