Home

Playing Madden 17 with no patches/tuners (Official Thread)

This is a discussion on Playing Madden 17 with no patches/tuners (Official Thread) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2016, 04:36 AM   #1
Rookie

JayStarr's Arena

OVR: 0
Playing Madden 17 with no patches/tuners (Official Thread)

Just got rid of all the title updates and I must say this game is playing absolutely brilliant. If you're an offline player this is the way to go. Everything runs smoothly and graphically looks a lot better. It's like night and day. The only down side is loosing the color rush update. It seems like all these patches have hurt the game gameplay wise tremendously. I highly recommend trying this for yourself. You'll be amazed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 09:07 AM   #2
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Patchless Madden 17?

how do you go about doing this exactly? because personally with all these people saying this it cant be wrong, and i for one always thought patches were meant to be fixing the issue not making it worse?
Old 12-01-2016, 09:54 AM   #3
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

I want to know is how to keep the patches from automatically installing on a PS4 without disconnecting it from the Internet.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #4
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
how do you go about doing this exactly? because personally with all these people saying this it cant be wrong, and i for one always thought patches were meant to be fixing the issue not making it worse?
All you have to do is delete and reinstall the game. Keep in mind this only works if you have the disc version. If your on digital sorry but your out of luck. When you reinstall the game make sure you go and stop the patch from downloading. You can also save rosters so if you want to save a roster before deleting and reinstalling you can. If you play other multiplayer games like most and need to keep your system connected to the Internet just make sure you go and stop the patch from downloading when you get the notification that theirs a new patch and it's going to download it. If you do that your good and can play the ootb version freely.

It's definately true and a pretty big difference in gameplay. Keep in mind that if you do this their will be no formation subs as your using the out of the box version of the game and formation subs came in a day 1 patch. Yes, technically patches/updates are supposed to improve a game and make it better and most games patches and updates do but EA has done the opposite with Madden this year and seems not to realize/care. They have managed to make gameplay worse through updates.

If your on PS4 and worried about rest mode I'm pretty sure theirs a setting somewhere where you can set it too not automatically download updates/not stay connected to the Internet while in rest mode.

Here are when prompts for download while your connected to Internet will happen:

1. When you fire up Madden for the first time. Back out and go in and pause it. When you launch Madden this happens everytime unless you disconnect it for a bit before you launch madden. Just backing out and pausing it is the easier way.

2. When you turn on the PS4 while connected you will be prompted to download it. Just go and pause it

Just be aware of it prompting automatically while playing online. But pausing it will keep it quiet until you restart the system or game.. If you don't like the out of the box version you can let the patch download and install and go right back to the current version of the game again. Deleting the physical game will not mess with your saved data. Your profile will even be their also.

Last edited by Rocket32; 12-01-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:40 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

I am not concerned with uniform fluff and the formation subs are bugged and useless as far as my experience goes. I could easily live without those things.

The one thing that stands out in my memory about the early release game play was the atrocious defensive pursuit angles. Also defensive teammates frequently running into each other and non existent outside pursuit leverage. These things made this version unplayable for me and I was not able to slider them away.

I suppose you could take control of the defensive force player and attempt to mitigate the leverage issue somewhat but I don't want to do this every play. Offensively it would seem you would have to limit yourself to running between the tackles. Both of these could off set some of the problem, but giving up 2-3 huge running plays every game is largely inevitable with these defensive pursuit deficiencies.

I would be interested to hear what you are seeing with regard to this in the OOB version and what things you're doing to combat it.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #6
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
All you have to do is delete and reinstall the game. Keep in mind this only works if you have the disc version. If your on digital sorry but your out of luck. When you reinstall the game make sure you go and stop the patch from downloading. You can also save rosters so if you want to save a roster before deleting and reinstalling you can. If you play other multiplayer games like most and need to keep your system connected to the Internet just make sure you go and stop the patch from downloading when you get the notification that theirs a new patch and it's going to download it. If you do that your good and can play the ootb version freely.

It's definately true and a pretty big difference in gameplay. Keep in mind that if you do this their will be no formation subs as your using the out of the box version of the game and formation subs came in a day 1 patch. Yes, technically patches/updates are supposed to improve a game and make it better and most games patches and updates do but EA has done the opposite with Madden this year and seems not to realize/care. They have managed to make gameplay worse through updates.

If your on PS4 and worried about rest mode I'm pretty sure theirs a setting somewhere where you can set it too not automatically download updates/not stay connected to the Internet while in rest mode.

Here are when prompts for download while your connected to Internet will happen:

1. When you fire up Madden for the first time. Back out and go in and pause it. When you launch Madden this happens everytime unless you disconnect it for a bit before you launch madden. Just backing out and pausing it is the easier way.

2. When you turn on the PS4 while connected you will be prompted to download it. Just go and pause it

Just be aware of it prompting automatically while playing online. But pausing it will keep it quiet until you restart the system or game.. If you don't like the out of the box version you can let the patch download and install and go right back to the current version of the game again. Deleting the physical game will not mess with your saved data. Your profile will even be their also.
i thank you for getting back to me bro, i pretty much am messed up then, i have the digital. but thats ok, i've learned my lesson, yeah they got my 65 this time.... seems madden is catering to this mut more so then the general game and that is really sad if thats the case...$ over gameplay huh.. smh... i'm not gone let my frustration get the better of me...

Last edited by StormsWarning; 12-01-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:49 AM   #7
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

I like how the game plays with default all pro but I can't stand the qb accuracy. I'm tempted to do this but I don't want to lose my current cfm. Will that be erased?
Old 12-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #8
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I am not concerned with uniform fluff and the formation subs are bugged and useless as far as my experience goes. I could easily live without those things.

The one thing that stands out in my memory about the early release game play was the atrocious defensive pursuit angles. Also defensive teammates frequently running into each other and non existent outside pursuit leverage. These things made this version unplayable for me and I was not able to slider them away.

I suppose you could take control of the defensive force player and attempt to mitigate the leverage issue somewhat but I don't want to do this every play. Offensively it would seem you would have to limit yourself to running between the tackles. Both of these could off set some of the problem, but giving up 2-3 huge running plays every game is largely inevitable with these defensive pursuit deficiencies.

I would be interested to hear what you are seeing with regard to this in the OOB version and what things you're doing to combat it.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.
If you don't mind I reccomend reposting that question or any other questions about the out of the box version of the game in this thread in the sliders section: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-dskins81.html

Might seem like a normal slider thread from the title but it's actually pretty much the main place where people are discussing and talking about the out of the box version of the game. Might get more response about this stuff from ootb players in there.

Last edited by Rocket32; 12-01-2016 at 10:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »