Home

What improvements do you feel WWE 2k17 has over 2k16? Is 2k17 worth buying?

This is a discussion on What improvements do you feel WWE 2k17 has over 2k16? Is 2k17 worth buying? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
What improvements do you feel WWE 2k17 has over 2k16? Is 2k17 worth buying?

I have read alot of threads in different Forums but wanted to get some opinions from OS community. I have been debating on getting WWE 2k17, but i havent seen anything that really makes it a MUST buy. For those that have the game is it a Big step up from WWE 2k17 OR should i just stick with WWE 2k16? The Major things I am looking for are Universe Mode experiece and In Ring Gameplay, but always looking for other improvements as well. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What improvements do you feel WWE 2k17 has over 2k16? Is 2k17 worth buying?

It depends on what you want to do in the game. There isn't a "story" to play through this year. Just universe and my career. My career is alright but has little flair. The CPU is decent this year. This years roster is pretty good but 2k16 had some pretty good caws to download. As far as universe goes, the promo engine lends some more life to universe mode. I let the cpu book matches for me and it does a pretty good job booking. It was on sale on Amazon for $30 which would be a steal to me or you could wait for a price drop.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2016, 03:12 AM   #3
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0

One of the best wrestling games in years. One of the best wrestling games of all-time. 2K stepped up big time this year. I have had the game since my birthday on Thursday and I can't stop playing it. I haven't played a wrestling game this much since Smackdown vs Raw 2007. The last 5 editions of this game didn't get this much play from me. This game is on Here Comes the Pain, No Mercy, Smackdown vs Raw 2006-2007 levels for me right now. I love it and you will too.

Improvements? Everything! The best part is you can pick this game up and play it. The same controls but some little tweaks. I got the game for Black Friday but it's worth full price. Get it!
Old 12-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #4
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I feel I should chime in since I waited it buy as well...

YES ITS WORTH IT!

The gameplay is amazing going in the crowd, backstage, it's such a welcomed back addition. It's that good.

The star ratings are a great start and you can hide them so you don't just keep playing until you get 5 star everytime.

The roster is missing some great stars 2K16 had, I'd look up on google a comparison as I can't think off top of my head but add some great additions for me personally:

Dudley Boys
New Age Outlawz (their intro is great) feels good to have Road Dog finally

There's more but those my two favorite.

The CAW selection is EXCELLENT if you intend to run a WWF (Attitude or Ruthless Aggression Era) or WCW universe. I already have a full attitude era roster and only missing a few of the really filler stars of that era.

Yes, it's worth getting it now.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 12-04-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #5
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
The star ratings are a great start and you can hide them so you don't just keep playing until you get 5 star everytime.
I'm so glad you pointed this out. I'll have to search through the options menu to do this. I find myself getting distracted by the stars instead of just focusing on winning the match.

I rented 2K16 once and was going to buy it, but I felt the game needed some refinement to hold my interest long term. I feel 2K17 implements those refinements that I felt 2K16 needed. Most noticeable are the controls and the pace of the matches. It really does feel like I'm watching a WWE match even though I haven't watched the WWE regularly since 2000.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2016, 12:06 AM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

I think turning off Show Logo turns off the star ratings if I'm remembering correctly. I never know my match score until it's over. It's more satisfying for sure.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
Rookie

JayStarr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I have read alot of threads in different Forums but wanted to get some opinions from OS community. I have been debating on getting WWE 2k17, but i havent seen anything that really makes it a MUST buy. For those that have the game is it a Big step up from WWE 2k17 OR should i just stick with WWE 2k16? The Major things I am looking for are Universe Mode experiece and In Ring Gameplay, but always looking for other improvements as well. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Really long load times. Slow and unrealistic matches. Uninspired universe mode. Glitches. I really wanted to like it, but it's just poorly done. It's obvious 2K has took resources away from the developers making the game. If you're a die hard get it, but it will annoy you at times. A lot of the time. If not stay away.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #8
Rookie

I haven't bought it. I'm mostly into these games for the legends and historic modes, so not having a Showcase this year is a big minus for me. They added a lot of good new people from the current roster, but that will still be there next year. So I'm waiting to see what next year looks like before I decide if this year is worth picking up. Hopefully they bring back Showcase mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »