Home

Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive July 25 - Quick Play Only, No CFL License

This is a discussion on Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive July 25 - Quick Play Only, No CFL License within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive July 25 - Quick Play Only, No CFL License

Canadian Football 2017 is scheduled to arrive in June for Xbox One for around $15. PS4 and PC release is scheduled at a later date. During a recent interview with 3DownNation, Canuck Play confirmed the game will only come with a quick play mode. Career mode and other features would require more development time.

The game will feature 9 teams, but unfortunately, will not have the CFL license, which means the game will not feature official CFL teams, stadiums, player names, etc. PC players will be able to edit those details, but Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players will not.

Check out the gameplay section of the interview below and read the full interview here.

3DownNation: Tell me a bit more about the gameplay itself.

Canuck Play: Passing is touched based. Like other football games, each receiver is assigned a button and the longer you hold the button down, the harder the throw to that receiver will be. When you play the game, you’ll have the option to tap a button to lob a pass and put more air under it (for a fly route), or press and hold the button for a bullet pass (for a slant over the middle).

On-field players have basic juke moves like side steps and spins and it’s worth mentioning that players become fatigued the more you use them. There’s actually a fatigue meter under the ball carrier that indicates how tired that player is. You can run the ball with the same player several times in a row, but you’re going to wear him out and he’ll start to slow down and eventually become more likely to fumble the ball. Our fatigue meter adds an extra layer of strategy to the game as you’ll really need to spread the ball around.

Kicking is fairly traditional, aim with the right thumb-stick, then pull back and push forward with the left one to put the ball in motion. Given the short play clock, you get very little time to aim and kick. As for punting, we have included the uniquely Canadian quirk that allows a kick returner to punt the ball back out of the end zone to avoid giving up a rouge. There’s also the possibility to recover your punts with an onside kick, another feature that you won’t find in other football titles.

I also want to emphasize that Canuck Play has aimed to create a game that anyone can pick up and enjoy. Some titles (like Madden) are simply too intimidating to a lot of people. That’s why we’ve put a lot of effort into simplifying things and making our game extremely accessible by allowing players do do things such as adjusting the play clock (to give you more time to pick plays), to turn off the waggle (so that the ball is always automatically snapped at the right time) and so on.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Always encouraging to see another football game coming, but without career (or even season) play, I'm out.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Cool someone else is making a football game, however he lost me at

" I also want to emphasize that Canuck Play has aimed to create a game that anyone can pick up and enjoy."
Old 03-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #4
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
It's cheap enough that I'll likely give this a shot. Hopefully this does well enough that they can expand on it in the future.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #5
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive in June - Quick Play Only, No CFL Lice

Please correct me if I'm wrong and the CFL has different rules on punts, but performing an "onside kick to recover your own punt" is not a legal option within the rules of the game. If it had a career mode I would try it for the $15 price point. However, without a career mode and no customization options on console this is basically a $5 indie arcade special

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 12:16 PM   #6
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9
Graphics look like Madden 95. This is going to bomb hard
Old 03-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 33
I can excuse the graphics & the lack of Modes but no license = no point.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
No career
No license
No editing
And only nine teams

They lost me at one and it only got worse from there

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »