Home

MLBTS 17 FRANCHISE DL GUIDE

This is a discussion on MLBTS 17 FRANCHISE DL GUIDE within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #1
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

OVR: 0
MLBTS 17 FRANCHISE DL GUIDE

Hello MLBTS fans,
So Majestic created an awesome spreadsheet last year than allowed us franchise die hards to manually injure players to replicate how the DL List looked at Opening Day. Well after getting in touch with him, he has allowed me to take over the project, which I was very enthused about.
The spreadsheet should help tremendously and speed up the process of setting injuries and duration for players. All injuries are not 100% accurate, due to the fact of injuries only having a certain allowable timeframe, but I did keep injuries in the same area, for example, recovering from elbow surgery I choose Arthroscopic Elbow Surgery, anything that had to do with lower back I replaced with Herniated Disc since it allowed 35-70 days duration, hopefully you understand the rest.
I also included suspensions (Jung-Ho Kang and Jeurys Familia), as well as a couple top prospects who aren't on 40 man but had surgery and will be out for some time.
This also works for single team and 30 team franchise. There were a lot of injuries that the duration was 5 days, so I chose a different injury that allowed me to selected 10-12 days, which then the CPU would place on DL if you are using single team. 30 team franchise guys will be able to assign what DL list players go on.
This spreadsheet is really only good for the first season, as who knows what kind of injuries will occur in year 2 or year 3, so my request to you all is to play all those years and report back what kind of injuries you noticed in your franchise opening day.

I used this link as my source to determine type of injury and expected return date.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/injuries

If anyone has questions feel free to ask away.

I really loved this last year and paired up with the OSFM rosters and Armor&Sword sliders, you have the perfect trifecta to start your franchise!

The link below the is DL list spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jLosuA/pubhtml

INSTRUCTIONS:
-Start a 30-team franchise (with OSFM roster of course!)
-Make sure injuries are set to manual for all teams, do this before you sim to avoid injuries prior to you manually injuring players.
-To set injuries to manual go to setting, general, and you'll see injuries, there you'll be able to set it to manual.
-Sim to 3/30/17 (I do not play Spring Training of my first year, I just put the injuries in and play from opening day)
-I selected this date because one its quick and easy, also the CPU will put players on 10 or 60 day DL list, but when I tried days after (3/31 4/1), they would not. Guys who do 30 team franchise will have no problem as they will be able to select 10 or 60. (I have love for my single team guys, as thats how I play)
-Go to Disabled list, press R1/L1 and manually injure players based on the spreadsheet (If the guys behind OSFM decide to release the roster with 25-man rosters only, make sure to add the player to the 40-man roster first before putting him on the DL.)
-Once all injuries are set, make sure to save a master file and a backup just in case you want to start your franchise over.
Make sure to turn injuries back on as well.
AGAIN,
DO NOT FORGET TO TURN INJURIES BACK ON AND NOT MANUAL

IMPORTANT NOTES:
-The list is arranged by division, and by team order according to the order set in MLB The Show 17's Manage Roster screen.
-The players per team are arranged by the dates when they were put on the DL starting on 3/30/17
-The players listed are only players on the 40-man roster or prospects that are expected to be called up this season.
-There will be players who injuries do not mirror their injuries in real-life. This is to get the realistic date of return for those players.
-Some players are set to be injured longer or shorter than they are expected to be to make everything easy and not so time consuming. I also simulated a entire season to ensure that creating an injury for players will not lower attributes of any kind, which I did not notice)
-There is a limit to how many players you can manually injure and if a team exceeds the limit, I usually injure the higher rated players first.
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 07:26 PM   #2
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

Re: MLBTS 17 FRANCHISE DL GUIDE

Also, if a moderator could sticky this, I think it'll be very useful.

Thanks,
Mike
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

Old 04-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #3
Rookie

aochaz14's Arena

OVR: 2

This is fantastic man. It will save me so much time. Thanks for the hard work

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #4
Rookie

hb5239799's Arena

OVR: 3

Many thanks for taking ownership of this!! Will league transactions (trades/waiver claims/FA signings) be included with this as well?
Old 04-05-2017, 07:59 PM   #5
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb5239799
Many thanks for taking ownership of this!! Will league transactions (trades/waiver claims/FA signings) be included with this as well?
That will be all done with the OSFM rosters. I do plan on updating the spreadsheet in correlation with updated versions of OSFM as they get released.
I will just be sticking with the DL list.
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 04:01 AM   #6
KV

majestic24's Arena

OVR: 8

Appreciate all the help with this Mikey!

For those doing 30 team control and want to put the players on the DL on the exact day the were listed in real life, the link Mikey provided should be able to help. Just a fair warning though, there were guys who were not listed until opening day and the game will not let you do this without calling up and sending someone down to and from the 25-man OD roster. I suggest to put everyone in on 3/30 which makes it a lot easier for all of us, besides, almost everyone has different estimated days of return anyway.

Hope everything is well with everyone! Enjoy your seasons fellas!
Old 04-06-2017, 07:58 AM   #7
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic24
Appreciate all the help with this Mikey!

For those doing 30 team control and want to put the players on the DL on the exact day the were listed in real life, the link Mikey provided should be able to help. Just a fair warning though, there were guys who were not listed until opening day and the game will not let you do this without calling up and sending someone down to and from the 25-man OD roster. I suggest to put everyone in on 3/30 which makes it a lot easier for all of us, besides, almost everyone has different estimated days of return anyway.

Hope everything is well with everyone! Enjoy your seasons fellas!
Correct. I didn't worry about time put on the DL too much because as you stated, all scheduled to return dates are tentative, nothing is exact.
I chose 3/30 because for us guys who play single team control the CPU would place the injured player on the 10 or 60 man DL, I did a test run placing guys on 3/31 and later dates and it was hit or miss, some guys out 1-2 months were left on the bench.
I also like this approach of manually injury players because it'll help keep the MLB 25 man rosters somewhat in tact if you do use the 40 man roster set when you advanced to the regular season, which is always something people are discussing.
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

Old 04-06-2017, 09:06 AM   #8
Rookie

That's awesome.
Just a question, can you only do your own team? If you wanted to set the DL and 40 man for all teams you'd have to do 30 team control? Sorry I don't really get the 30 team control

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »