Home

Pretty sure the game is trolling me

This is a discussion on Pretty sure the game is trolling me within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Pretty sure the game is trolling me

Seriously, it's trying to get me angry.

I've got my eye on the two remaining Griffey missions, the 4 hits in one ranked game and the 8HR's in 8 BR games and the game seems hell bent on not letting me. On the Rnaked game front I've had the homer and 3 hits on 4 occasions now, only for my opponent to quit on 3 of those and the 4th had me center green a fastball only for it to somehow be a weak fly ball to shallow center.

Then the BR games I've 3 times managed to do this, only for it not to count because I'm constantly having games where my opponent quits before the first pitch, just losing me a game and screwing over the 8 game stretch.

Then when you're already a bit frustrated with things, I finally get a daily player epic, only for it to be Ozzie Smith "get 2 hits with switch hitters in an events game". Cheers for that SDS, great trolling effort. Maybe I'll be able to give that a go in about a month when the next event comes along.

Anyone else have one of those stretches where everything just seems to be conspiring against you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Re: Pretty sure the game is trolling me

I've been sitting on that stupid player epic since the last event. So frustrating that we can't even complete the first step for a couple more weeks. I want to just ditch it, but I know I'll just end up with one of those stupid play with friends missions or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #3
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I read somewhere that you do not need to do everything to get 100% in the program. And, I believe the "4 hits in one ranked game" one only accounts for 1% progression. So, maybe it's something that we may be able to skip?
Old 05-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I read somewhere that you do not need to do everything to get 100% in the program. And, I believe the "4 hits in one ranked game" one only accounts for 1% progression. So, maybe it's something that we may be able to skip?
If we're talking the Griffey Diamond program I think you have to do all of them. If my math was right they add up to exactly 100%.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 PM   #5
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverZeppo
If we're talking the Griffey Diamond program I think you have to do all of them. If my math was right they add up to exactly 100%.
Yeah it's only the giant dynasty program that adds up to more than 100% and that's just because otherwise you'd need to own every live series player to complete it, which is a tad unreasonable. For the Diamond Griffey program I'll need to do everything, which will happen as I've been close repeatedly, but it's just going to be a frustrating grind, made more frustrating by how massively affected they are by people quitting and how unpunished quitters are.

Just need to find someone not very good but also man enough to sit through a tough loss, or fluke it and happen to get the hits with Griffey while struggling with everyone else, or get caught in a ridiculous slugfest. All those things have happened before to me, so it's really just a matter of time and patience.

The BR one as well is just luck, unless they change the stupid way it records 8 games to be rolling instead of 8 then reset and then a fresh set of 8.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »