Home

Diamond Dynasty Update: Impact Veteran Roy Oswalt Program Released

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty Update: Impact Veteran Roy Oswalt Program Released within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Diamond Dynasty Update: Impact Veteran Roy Oswalt Program Released

A new program, a new set of cards, and some new Impact Veterans have been added to Diamond Dynasty today. This program is a departure from previous programs as you'll be able to do all gameplay elements of it without having to play any online games. There is a mix of missions within the program, but the only truly time-consuming one will be matching Roy Oswalt's 2010 statistics with Impact Veteran starting pitchers (211 innings pitched, 13 wins, 193 strikeouts, 2 complete game shutouts). This is more challenging in the short term as there are not many Impact Veteran starting pitchers even available for use unless you have Tickets, or lots of Stubs or have finished certain collections.

The new Set 5 card pack released also has a focus on Impact Veteran starters. The two exclusive cards are a C.C. Sabathia Impact Veteran (97 overall), and an Impact Veteran Nolan Ryan (94). Other new Impact Veterans released today include Anibal Sanchez (91), Ron Guidry (88), Mike Scott (88), Bret Saberhagen (86) and Phil Niekro (82).

Lastly, the final reward for the Roy Oswalt Program is a Diamond Impact Veteran Roy Oswalt (93). The 50 percent reward for the program is an Impact Veteran Ben Revere (81).

Platform: PS4

Last edited by ChaseB; 05-31-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: Impact Veteran Roy Oswalt Program Released

Hurray, looks like they've finally listened and made it all achieveable offline or online, not forcing players to play game modes they don't want to. A serious grind though for 211 innings pitched with IV's but other than that very, very easy
Old 05-31-2017, 05:21 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 27

I'm already 45% done this program. Love having a Phillies themed one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Can anyone happen to tell me what the single game mission is for a veteran impact pitcher? I started this game but forgot and god forbid there be a way to look

Edit: Nevermind, Liriano got hurt in the 3rd inning so I just quit since it was a CPU game. Its bad enough theres barely any IV arms but of course one of the two I have gets hurt right away. Gonna be a bitch to rack up those 2010 stats.

Last edited by mikeq672; 05-31-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:54 PM   #5
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Can anyone happen to tell me what the single game mission is for a veteran impact pitcher? I started this game but forgot and god forbid there be a way to look

Edit: Nevermind, Liriano got hurt in the 3rd inning so I just quit since it was a CPU game. Its bad enough theres barely any IV arms but of course one of the two I have gets hurt right away. Gonna be a bitch to rack up those 2010 stats.
I gave up a 2 out, 2 strike homerun in the 9th to break up my shutout in my first attempt. Pretty irrelevant though, getting 217 IP will always result in a lot of shutouts along the way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 07:20 PM   #6
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I gave up a 2 out, 2 strike homerun in the 9th to break up my shutout in my first attempt. Pretty irrelevant though, getting 217 IP will always result in a lot of shutouts along the way
So many innings, all I have are Liriano and Hughes, and I hate pitching with that Hughes card haha
Old 05-31-2017, 07:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Very happy with this program. I was starting to lose interest a bit, haven't played for a few days at all.
But now, first I made about 20K by selling a ton of Happs and Goses I had that werw worth next to nothing until now. Sold 7 Goses for 2K each, and he is a free agent
Not to mention all offline missions, now I'll finally complete one program.
Already did the Philly pitcher, used a Rookie Happ for it, because I sold all my Phillies players for good money as well.

The only Impact Veteran pitcher I have is Phil Hughes, but he is good, rated 89, so I think I'll be able to get that shutout done.

Only bad thing is that I pulled all crap from packs with the money I made, did get some cards to extend my purchases, opened about 50 packs total tonight, I swear 75% of players I got were free agents...a complete crapfest.

EDIT: Got my shutout with Hughes on the first try, with 14K. So, just another 208 innings to go. I'll get another shutout in conquest, it's simpler, but I am in no rush to finish, hopefully a Villar and Gose will be in a pack, or at least cheaper in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by yelch; 05-31-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:42 PM   #8
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
So many innings, all I have are Liriano and Hughes, and I hate pitching with that Hughes card haha
I'm in the same boat as you, I've no intention of spending stubs to get more just to grind either and you can't take that Hughes card online as it'll get destroyed. I've got 11 veteran level team epic games left that need doing so that'll get me close to 100 innings if I quit games that don't start one of my two IV's, but then I guess I'll just stick Liriano in my rotation and very very slowly work it down playing ranked seasons and maybe the odd game against the computer for player missions if I complete any more collections.

Going to be a real slog though, won't finish for ages, which is why it's madness the way people pay huge amounts for the phillies and gose/happs. No one is finishing this any time soon so there is no reason to hurry the other bits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »