Home

NBA 2K18 Wins Best Presentation For 2017

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Wins Best Presentation For 2017 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-19-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K18 Wins Best Presentation For 2017

One of the things I've always stressed in sports video games is the importance of a...

Written By: Joel Smith

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
I like the presentation the team at VC has been able to do the past couple of years no other sports game comes close but they could always improve especially the presentation during the all star game/Rising stars game which have been just treated like regular games and during the NBA finals which has been kinda disappointing.

Last edited by zello144; 01-19-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K18 Wins Best Presentation For 2017

Meanwhile I have the commentary muted and cannot skip the between quarter and halftime report cutscenes fast enough. Just lemme play.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:30 PM   #4
Rookie

2K18 doesn't have a post-game show but it deserved to win. Presentation all around is excellent, but there are some small things I'd appreciate.

Adding a weekly recap/wrap up show to MyLeague/MyGm for example, I know that's probably not a priority because most people tend to skip cutscenes but dozens of us would love it. I always thought it would be cool to have fake blog posts written by David Aldridge or Bleacher Report like sites that break down the latest power rankings, injuries, rumors, hot streaks and building hype for upcoming drafts. Stuff like that is a great way to immerse yourself even further in the unique experience of playing through MyLeague.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:22 AM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

2K18 is really immersive. It sucks you into the feel and vibe of an NBA arena. There are parachute drops (I had no idea this was even a thing until I played the game), shirt cannons and dunk teams. They nail the "little things," so to speak. The actual presentation could use a facelift.

I'd like to see more network like stat banners without the players posing and stuff. Its cool looking in The Park and Pro Am but in actual NBA games its gamey. Just the name and stats look cleaner like it was in 2K14.

I don't know what it is with 2K and free throws but can we just get a simple stat banner with a players current and career percentages. I shouldn't have to look up How good or bad a player is while they're at the line.

The halftime show is fine now but it needs to either add coverage for other games (in real life for NBA Today, franchise for franchise games) or have another package, again like 2K14, that covers other happenings around the league. There was one where they would shrink the gameplay screen (during a free throw) and Damon Bruce would update you on other things. That's cool, we need more of that.

Let the big game with Shaq and company own that night, but have another more generic package that's more informative. While I'm on it, add back "Kenny Stamp of Approval" from 2K7 to liven it up some.

I can't be the only one who would rather see the teams logos shown on the studio desk screens instead of 2K everywhere. There are 4 screens all with 2K. You can advertise 2K and whatever else on the other 2 screens.

Those are small things, but they'd be huge for network like presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2018, 08:23 AM   #6
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
agree with NBA2k being the best, which is 2nd? And which of the AAA titles has the worst presentation?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 01-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Red
2K18 doesn't have a post-game show but it deserved to win. Presentation all around is excellent, but there are some small things I'd appreciate.

Adding a weekly recap/wrap up show to MyLeague/MyGm for example, I know that's probably not a priority because most people tend to skip cutscenes but dozens of us would love it. I always thought it would be cool to have fake blog posts written by David Aldridge or Bleacher Report like sites that break down the latest power rankings, injuries, rumors, hot streaks and building hype for upcoming drafts. Stuff like that is a great way to immerse yourself even further in the unique experience of playing through MyLeague.
In one of the older 2k football games (2k5?), they had a weekly wrap up with Chris Berman running down scores,stats,standings,etc. ; I think this would be a welcome edition to My League or even My Career. IMO it would definitely make the experience more immersive.

One of the older NBA 2K games (I want to say 2K10) used to sometimes show a ticker at the bottom of the screen with stats and fake MLB/NHL scores, I thought that was a cool little feature that added to the TV presentation feel.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:33 AM   #8
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
I agree. NBA 2k18 has the best presentation of all the sports games imo. It gets better by the year! Can't wait to see what's in store for NBA 2K19.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »