Home

Something doesn't make sense: Team relocation

This is a discussion on Something doesn't make sense: Team relocation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Something doesn't make sense: Team relocation

In one of the blogs, forgive me for recalling which one, when asked if there were any changes to team relocation, the response was pretty much "no because the NFL will not allow us because it affects their brand."

I really wish someone from the NFL could confirm this because it does not make sense. I can somewhat understand that the NFL does not want concussions in the game or the ambulance coming on the field. Yeah, I get it. But relocation? Please explain. Did the suits decide that having, say, Orlando, as a relocation city would not hurt them, but Fort Lauderdale would? And the NFL would only approve only three names/logos for each city?

It's really not making any sense at all. In fact, I'm kind of wondering if this is EA passing the buck on this one. In any event, as I said a million times, this is the time for 2k or any other publisher to strike in making a generic football game. It's kind of sad that 2k is a bit gun shy about re-entering the football market because APF was a dismal failure... and the blamed its failure soley on not having a license.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Something doesn't make sense: Team relocation

I took it to mean more names/logos than locations.

It's hilarious how uptight the NFL is about this, if true. I don't think the nearly unlimited customization in NBA2K has hurt the league's reputation one bit.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

There has been some controversy with some of the teams moving around the league recently. The league doesn't want to touch this controversial subject so they told EA not to expand on the feature. It's unfortunate but it makes sense to me considering EAs track record of having controversial things removed from the game. It's a wonder you can still relocate at all.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
Rookie

My understanding is its a legacy thing. They had the limited location in already and their hands are tied at this point because due to the NFL license if they change anything it has to be taken out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
Rookie

If relocation is going to stay this way, just let us be able to use all three uniform options or be able to put any team in any city that’s available. Oh also fix the socks. One solid color with no white option sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 10:34 AM   #6
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
There has been some controversy with some of the teams moving around the league recently. The league doesn't want to touch this controversial subject so they told EA not to expand on the feature. It's unfortunate but it makes sense to me considering EAs track record of having controversial things removed from the game. It's a wonder you can still relocate at all.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
This!

I totally expected relocation to be pulled altogether. It's clear the NFL has strict rules on what they will allow in the game. I think this will soon be like concussions being gone.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelicce
If relocation is going to stay this way, just let us be able to use all three uniform options or be able to put any team in any city that’s available. Oh also fix the socks. One solid color with no white option sucks.
That is precisely my sentiment. If a gamer wants to make his team the Houston Eskimos and another team the New York Aftershocks then so what? In what way, shape or form does this "hurt the brand?"

Personally, I'd like to see a Teambuilder concept added, but I know that's never going to happen. Ok, fine... then make all names and uniforms available to all cities.

Again... 2k, now is the time to strike.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelicce

NFL teams are not allowed to have solid color sock without the white.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »