Home

Madden 19 Gameplay Issues in a 3 minute video

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Gameplay Issues in a 3 minute video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2018, 11:01 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Madden 19 Gameplay Issues in a 3 minute video

Explains my exact feelings. The animations and motions are a problem.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 19 Gameplay Issues in a 3 minute video

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Explains my exact feelings. The animations and motions are a problem.

those players are clearly fatigued
Old 08-08-2018, 12:54 AM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelYourz
those players are clearly fatigued
Except it's happening with all QB's, WR's, RB's on the user side. Are they all fatigued all the time?
Old 08-08-2018, 01:35 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Except it's happening with all QB's, WR's, RB's on the user side. Are they all fatigued all the time?
He may have 0’d out fatigue to make the game look intentionally bad or something. Haven’t played the game, but seen tons of video, this is the first I’ve seen of this.

The Big Ben scramble play made sense, he should be chased down. The problem with 18 was Big Ben would have 9 runs for 60 yards a game.

Edit:
Thought about this and it looks like the players did in 18 after a patch when they would return all kick returns no matter how deep they caught the kick in the endzone and they barreled out of the endzone for short 10-15 yard returns.

I was the one that figured out that having the Takes Hits set to Always was causing the problem. This looks like that. Since this is MUT, i wonder if the Always trait is Always on so the MUT players don’t have fumbles.

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-08-2018 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:52 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

The thing about Moody is he seems to find things (animations, gameplay) that no one else sees for the most part. He is renown for being anti-Madden although he will boast that that is just not true. Almost every video he produces is a knock on the game in one way or the other, yet he says he only does it so the game can improve which I just do not agree with. He does seem to be biased.

I also think he is changing something in traits, sliders, settings to get some of the animations to show up. Maybe he is...maybe he isn't. Don't get me wrong...many are legit and others run into them as well. But if you go by his videos he makes it seem like these things happen all the time...and they just don't.

I take everything he says with a big grain of salt. he does seem to have an agenda although he positions it as wanting to make the game better.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #6
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
The thing about Moody is he seems to find things (animations, gameplay) that no one else sees for the most part. He is renown for being anti-Madden although he will boast that that is just not true. Almost every video he produces is a knock on the game in one way or the other, yet he says he only does it so the game can improve which I just do not agree with. He does seem to be biased.

I also think he is changing something in traits, sliders, settings to get some of the animations to show up. Maybe he is...maybe he isn't. Don't get me wrong...many are legit and others run into them as well. But if you go by his videos he makes it seem like these things happen all the time...and they just don't.

I take everything he says with a big grain of salt. he does seem to have an agenda although he positions it as wanting to make the game better.

C
He's not wrong though. I've had the game since the Origin Access Premier hit and the first thing I noticed was the running animations and locomotions were very awkward and slow compared to the CPU.

Also, when you play cpu v cpu games, it's fine and both sides run great.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Madden defenders are and have for years been like heat-seeking missiles. The defenders are moving at a different speed than you are able to when closing down on a ball carrier. One of the OS mentioned it in the roundtable impressions.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

i think the last part made the most sense. Im betting the design choice was to have RPM on the user controlled player only.. which totally kills the game from a CPU point of view. a user vs user game wouldn't produce as much as this obviously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »