Home

Ratings matter?

This is a discussion on Ratings matter? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Ratings matter?

Im a casual player who avoids online. This is my first NHL purchase in 4-5 years and was quite eager dive into it.

My long time beef with EA is that player ratings seem to mean just about zilch. Im playing franchise mode right now with an expansion team and find EVERY player plays about the same and im getting more scoring from my 4th line grinders than anyone else. Can't distinguish scrub from star.

Do I need to adjust a specific setting in order for "stars" to play like stars? or NHL 19 just another EA arcade sports game?

Just find it frustrating. I know I can up the difficulty, but then have to deal with CPU 100% passing and the CPU taking away puck if I get too close ( even when behind me)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2019, 11:37 AM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ratings matter?

am sad to say this, Ratings do matter, u know those bars u see at choosing screen on who has more offense and defense and goalies, pay attention to that, if its too low u gonna loose, so u need to go out and grab much higher forward or defense or goalies, I was waiting all year for someone to mention this, it was not in tell I started loosing when I started realising , omg ratings matter this year, u can't just put random's to together and expect to win.

yes ratings matter, from my observation , its kinda like a competitive sim or competitive arcade style game now.

which brings me u need to draft players who are competitive and who are leaders in locker room and mesh well in locker room and winning spirit, those who are not injurie prone, keep eye on moral meetings and locker rooms interactions.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 03-01-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

I think you are referring to “player separation” where every player feels the same whether he is a 1st or 4th liner right?

Go into settings and change the “Attribute Effects” slider from 5/10 to 10/10 if you haven’t done so already.
You should get a sense of player difference then - it’s the setting I use.

There’s always been a bit of conjecture in the forum here whether changing that slider does change players attributes at all or enough, but give it a try and see what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #4
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBattleCat
I think you are referring to “player separation” where every player feels the same whether he is a 1st or 4th liner right?

Go into settings and change the “Attribute Effects” slider from 5/10 to 10/10 if you haven’t done so already.

There’s always been a bit of conjecture in the forum here whether changing that slider does change players attributes at all or enough, but give it a try and see what you think.
I second this suggestion, it makes a big difference. Always max this slider.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

thanks..will give it a try. Dont want to give up on it yet, but unfortunately im a stickler for "realism". Want bad teams to be bad, good teams to be good, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb
thanks..will give it a try. Dont want to give up on it yet, but unfortunately im a stickler for "realism". Want bad teams to be bad, good teams to be good, etc.

If it’s realism you want you’re playing the wrong game.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:05 PM   #7
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBattleCat

not the correct answer, it doesn't matter if have attibutes at 10, u have to pay attention to bars of your team, and whose ever on your team , its competitive hockey, ratings matter, if u don't have good players u gonna loose to teams like toranto or arisona , I tried that this at least hundred times., no one realises it yet.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
not the correct answer, it doesn't matter if have attibutes at 10, u have to pay attention to bars of your team, and whose ever on your team , its competitive hockey, ratings matter, if u don't have good players u gonna loose to teams like toranto or arisona , I tried that this at least hundred times., no one realises it yet.
Toranto, arisona, columbas, disingal, pannarin, mcquid. What's the matter with you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »