Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 06:49 AM   #1
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
What are you working on? (returning)

Another year, another what are you working on thread!

Although there doesn't seem to be as much in terms of things to work on this year, I figure it's still the general DD chat thread and a place to share your celebrations when you finally beat that moment that you've been tying and failing for the past hour!

Personally, I knocked out the welcome to moments thing, then gave a go at some of the shorter moments in the Bryce and Mays programs. Not reall a fan of moments tbh, incredibly repetitive and grindy so far, just fail, retry, fail, retry, fail, retry, win. Move on and repeat, not really feeling any immersion or fun, especially as my success seems almost entirely random!

I've decided to just complete conquest for now as I always enjoy that, then probably do the other two conquests before returning to the grind of moments I guess
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #2
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Re: What are you working on? (returning)

Quick levelling up tip as well. Do 10 man collections for the different teams, plus the equipment ones with any spare stuff you have. It adds up to quite a lot and is incredibly cheap and easy. Even 20 men per team is pretty manageable, you'll probably have 15 men on some teams just by opening packs.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 2

Working on the 1st inning program moments. Not sure how long it’ll take me to do this program since I have zero desire to dump the money in to get those 10 diamonds. But I’ve only got the last two missions to go.

Probably switch over and start doing some ranked games after that. Or I might try and finish MtO to get the Yankees Affinity Diamond card.

Also working on seeing if I can ever hit a HR. Sooooo much warning track power haha

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-28-2019, 08:25 AM   #4
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Working on the 1st inning program moments. Not sure how long it’ll take me to do this program since I have zero desire to dump the money in to get those 10 diamonds. But I’ve only got the last two missions to go.

Probably switch over and start doing some ranked games after that. Or I might try and finish MtO to get the Yankees Affinity Diamond card.

Also working on seeing if I can ever hit a HR. Sooooo much warning track power haha

I'm pretty jealous of your warning track power tbh! Mine is more "routine outfield starting position" power
Old 03-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #5
MVP

ph33's Arena

This is a year-long project: I'm going to get Willie Mays.

Already blew my load on packs, and I won't be spending another stub on more this year, was able to field a pretty good team to do the initial grind. Any pack opening will come from packs I earn by playing.

Any player I get from rewards that I can sell that I don't plan on being an end game player will get sold. I might have a few exceptions here and there. I plan on being a millionaire! (You can top that right?)

Still trying to win my first ranked seasons game too. 0-2 so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2019, 09:34 AM   #6

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Right now I am working on finishing out the cheap teams before any major prospects show up to push the price up (White Sox and Blue Jays specifically). After that, I want to get Ty Cobb from Conquest.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 2

Good advice on doing the 10 man collections. Didn’t realize they broke them up more his year. Got a solid 5 levels and 3k stubs without buying anyone.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:25 PM   #8
MVP

ph33's Arena

I've played three ranked seasons game, two have been against all LS diamond squads and people are like level 7.

And I thought that I dropped a lot of money. Damn

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »