Home

Tip of the cap

This is a discussion on Tip of the cap within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2020, 10:12 AM   #1
Pro

Coachwf's Arena

OVR: 8
Tip of the cap

1st year playing The Show and absolutely loving it! Literally played almost every baseball game since the Atari and was really surprised how well this game plays.

My one big annoyance so far is the batters constantly tipping their cap to the pitcher after foul balls. Happens 100s of times a game, partially because there are a bunch of foul balls, but I feel like that is somewhat realistic and adds to the challenge. Was surprised not to find much on this when searching. Seems like something they could easily tone down or remove. Was this in previous versions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2020, 10:28 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tip of the cap

I’ve actually never noticed that. If there’s one animation I think is overdone, it’s the fist pump pirouette I see after nearly every big strikeout I get
Old 05-07-2020, 02:48 PM   #3
Pro

Coachwf's Arena

OVR: 8

I always play in Broadcast mode. Tried hybrid and fast and didn't see this. That is likely why you didn't see it. Happens WAY too much in broadcast.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:06 AM   #4
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I’ve actually never noticed that. If there’s one animation I think is overdone, it’s the fist pump pirouette I see after nearly every big strikeout I get

OMG yes! I could give up 10 runs in an inning, get a strikeout and my pitcher is showing up the other team because he just got 1 out....

I wish they could have a slider for how often we see a particular canned animation like that, the relief pitcher dropping his glove would be first on my list to go.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:24 AM   #5
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Or that it is apparently super common for a guy coming in from the bullpen to drop his glove. I've not seen this once in real life and I've seen it up to 2x in a single game on the show. A strange canned animation to begin with but then the frequency on top of that is crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

So who has gotten the beach ball on the field several times in a season? I get that fairly regularly.

The best though, was my first game in my Franchise, (and first game I played on The Show), the camera cuts to an outfielder and the commentators talk about how a fan got on the field. I loved it. They talked about how he’d be spending the night in the pokey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »