Home

Dynasty Scheduling Issues

This is a discussion on Dynasty Scheduling Issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-08-2020, 09:27 AM   #1
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Dynasty Scheduling Issues

I've seen on here people having problems with the auto generated schedules for CPU controlled teams... Teams not playing most of their conference foes, scheduling 3+ FCS teams, etc

I'm wondering if and how the timing of conference games could fix this problem?

In the custom conference screen you can adjust what week conference play starts for each conf. I like for everyone to start conference play on week 4 (I'm a traditionalist). But am wondering if you make it week 2 for everyone or stagger the starts if you can help the CPU not run into these problems?

Personally I haven't seen the issues mentioned above but just noticed in my dynasty that uses promotion/relegation that my team does not play each team in it's own division and has additional crossover games. Far from a deal killer but I'm concerned that issues will continue to crop up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #2
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Dynasty Scheduling Issues

Do you have uneven divisions? I remember it being a bug in NCAA scheduling that if you have one division with 6 teams and one with 7 teams (or similar), that the schedules for those divisions will be completely messed up and cause the scenario like what you mentioned as far as conference scheduling goes.

As for teams with multiple FCS games or playing like 11 games instead of 12, I think that often comes from when the user changes their schedule and the computer has to reschedule the games, sometimes it just gets stuck and is either forced to go FCS or just doesn't schedule a game for whatever reason. Not sure how to fix that one unfortunately other than really getting into the editor.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 12-09-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Do you have uneven divisions? I remember it being a bug in NCAA scheduling that if you have one division with 6 teams and one with 7 teams (or similar), that the schedules for those divisions will be completely messed up and cause the scenario like what you mentioned as far as conference scheduling goes.

As for teams with multiple FCS games or playing like 11 games instead of 12, I think that often comes from when the user changes their schedule and the computer has to reschedule the games, sometimes it just gets stuck and is either forced to go FCS or just doesn't schedule a game for whatever reason. Not sure how to fix that one unfortunately other than really getting into the editor.
Looks like uneven divisions was exactly the problem... thanks so much!
Old 12-16-2020, 01:20 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

My issue is having 5 teams who play in division but don't play division games i.e BYU is set in MWC went 11-1(0-0) won the national championship how do I fix this?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »