Home

Season mode - crashing

This is a discussion on Season mode - crashing within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2021, 09:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Season mode - crashing

I started a few seasons using season mode (I know, lame) but it keeps freezing on me a few games in each time. The usual way is when simming between games it will crash and I will need to restart the game. Its does this every attempt and I am unable to sim any further into the season and have to restart. The 2nd way is the game simply freezes on the main screen when simming between games..resulting in needing to restart a season. Any thoughts or fixes? Thanks!

*NHL21 on PS4

Last edited by iuhyeah; 04-13-2021 at 09:30 PM. Reason: More info added
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2021, 04:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Season mode - crashing

I love SEASON MODE..
It tends to crash if you have made any trAdes and NOT filled in the Teams lines that have been involved in ANY trade.
So for instance, WAS trade with PIT.....The lines will all be EMPTY----it wont let the game play and freezes and you get an error code?
Go back to your season, check all teams via the EDIT LINES and make sure ALL TEAMS have the lines filled.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:53 PM   #3
Just started!

Icon5 Re: Season mode - crashing

Unrelated to crashing, sorry btw, but do you know what players consistently simulate well? What players are always really good to have in season mode and players that work really well together? Any idea what players always shoot a lot and players that rarely shoot and prefer to pass? Players that hit a lot and players that have a high takeaway to giveaway ratios so I have a team that usually has the puck and is shooting and creating scoring chances.
Old 02-29-2024, 10:42 PM   #4
Just started!

Hi there. This just started happening to me on NHL 24. I went to player movement to adjust for real in life trades (ie., the Lindholm-Kuzmenko trade). When I try to play my next regular season game it always crashes.

I know you mentioned that we have to edit those teams lines but you can only edit your own team’s lines on season mode.

I was wondering if you had any further insight. I have put in a lot of time and effort to complete 51 games so far so I will be crushed if I cannot get this fixed .

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:35 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Oh my goodness.....So sorry to hear that.
I select all 32 user teams prior to Seasons start (i only play as one team though) , so I can do any trades between the teams--and sim thier games after playing my own (as Boston)
Seems that if you make a trade---it leaves other teams rosters completley empty---and when that happens, it wont proceed any further.
Its such a stupid error.
I am sorry but i dont know how to taverse that problem if you have only selected 1 user team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2024, 07:40 AM   #6
Rookie

rookie5564's Arena

How do you select all the teams and can you watch cpu vs cpu matchups other than your main team.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:17 PM   #7
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Oh my goodness.....So sorry to hear that.
I select all 32 user teams prior to Seasons start (i only play as one team though) , so I can do any trades between the teams--and sim thier games after playing my own (as Boston)
Seems that if you make a trade---it leaves other teams rosters completley empty---and when that happens, it wont proceed any further.
Its such a stupid error.
I am sorry but i dont know how to taverse that problem if you have only selected 1 user team.
I appreciate your response. I asked EA forums for advice on the situation. They said to reboot my wifi and rebuild my database. Didn’t help. It looks like they don’t know what else to suggest because they haven’t responded for a few days.

It’s funny how this only happens in NHL. I typically play season modes across other sports but never happens.

I will probably start another season after this Fridays trade deadline to be safe. Hopefully I will have time to finish 82 games + playoffs by mid June.

Thanks again

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »