Home

Manual Injuries in Franchise

This is a discussion on Manual Injuries in Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2021, 04:55 PM   #1
Rookie

bjenks's Arena

OVR: 0
Manual Injuries in Franchise

I looked for a way to add injuries manually to all teams in my franchise and I can't seem to figure it out. I have full 30 team roster control on and I have injuries set to manual. I went to the injured list and every single team has no injuries, but I can't figure out how to set them myself. Can anyone help me out with this?

www.twitch.tv/bjenks

Also, if you're interested, follow me on Twitter!
My Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #2
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Re: Manual Injuries in Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjenks
I looked for a way to add injuries manually to all teams in my franchise and I can't seem to figure it out. I have full 30 team roster control on and I have injuries set to manual. I went to the injured list and every single team has no injuries, but I can't figure out how to set them myself. Can anyone help me out with this?
With the roster control option on that you set upon starting a franchise you can not have injuries.

No sim injuries or in game. Only way to fix is to restart a new franchise.

If you just mean 30 team control, set the option to manual, go to the IL list and hit R1. Can be set there.

But as above if you turned roster control on, you can't even do this.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 04-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #3
Rookie

bjenks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
With the roster control option on that you set upon starting a franchise you can not have injuries.

No sim injuries or in game. Only way to fix is to restart a new franchise.

If you just mean 30 team control, set the option to manual, go to the IL list and hit R1. Can be set there.

But as above if you turned roster control on, you can't even do this.
Thanks for the quick response. This is a HUGE bummer. I'm already 16 games into my franchise and I don't want to start over, lol. Jeez. I suppose I can just play through without any teams getting any injuries.

www.twitch.tv/bjenks

My Twitter
Old 04-23-2021, 05:50 PM   #4
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjenks
Thanks for the quick response. This is a HUGE bummer. I'm already 16 games into my franchise and I don't want to start over, lol. Jeez. I suppose I can just play through without any teams getting any injuries.
There are work arounds. You have 30 team control on. Turn roster moves and waivers to manual and you can move players to A ball who are injured. Just keep a notebook or something and create storylines that way and document who returns when.

Not ideal but could work if you didn't want to start over.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 04-23-2021, 08:42 PM   #5
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

If you do decide to start over, this is how you actually do it:

1.) Make sure that you either set the league to CPU Teams Full Control or whatever it's called; or you could create a User Profile for your User-Controlled team and make a separate one for the CPU teams and you can just set the CPU teams to "Auto" for whatever aspect you want (this is the method I prefer rather than just setting it to "30 Team Control" or whatever)

2.) Once you have the injuries set to "Manual," go to "Injured List" and hit R1/Right-Bumper on Xbox and you'll see a full list of players for each team.

3.) From there simply just hit X/A and set the type of injury and the time you want the players to miss. Also, keep in mind that you can always set whatever injuries you like manually and then turn injuries back on and it'll keep the ones you set and still allow randomly generated ones to happen, too.

Hope this helps you somehow!
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2021, 10:08 PM   #6
Rookie

bjenks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamEscapePlan
If you do decide to start over, this is how you actually do it:

1.) Make sure that you either set the league to CPU Teams Full Control or whatever it's called; or you could create a User Profile for your User-Controlled team and make a separate one for the CPU teams and you can just set the CPU teams to "Auto" for whatever aspect you want (this is the method I prefer rather than just setting it to "30 Team Control" or whatever)

2.) Once you have the injuries set to "Manual," go to "Injured List" and hit R1/Right-Bumper on Xbox and you'll see a full list of players for each team.

3.) From there simply just hit X/A and set the type of injury and the time you want the players to miss. Also, keep in mind that you can always set whatever injuries you like manually and then turn injuries back on and it'll keep the ones you set and still allow randomly generated ones to happen, too.

Hope this helps you somehow!
This is perfect. I wish I had known this before I started my franchise. I doubt I'll start over, but this is really good for next year or if I play an alternate franchise. Thanks again for the responses.

www.twitch.tv/bjenks

My Twitter
Old 05-07-2021, 08:29 AM   #7
Just started!

Bringing this thread back since Ridin's rosters are dropping today and I can FINALLY start my Franchise. Hopefully someone can help me with this. Some background:

Been playing The Show since '17. In the first 2 years I went through Franchise and injuries popped up with no problem. In '19 I went through my entire Franchise season and not 1 injury was sustained. In '20 the injuries were back again. In preparation for today I ran through some simulated Franchise seasons and the problem I had in '19 with no injuries was back. I even jacked up the injury probability on my Sliders and still no injuries when I simulated the season. Is this a bug for this edition of the Show or am I doing something wrong in my settings where no injuries are being sustained? Some additional info:

- I use 30 team manual control
- I am currently on PS4, hoping to move to PS5 if I can ever get my hands on one
- I have pretty much all of the settings on manual with the exception of things like scouting and drafting. Everything injury and roster related I set to manual so I can control it.
- I usually don't mess with the sliders

I really enjoy the game and like it to be as realistic as possible. Not having injuries pop up during a Franchise season eliminates some of that. Have read these Forums for years, but first time posting. Would appreciate any help you can provide. Cheers.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm31
Bringing this thread back since Ridin's rosters are dropping today and I can FINALLY start my Franchise. Hopefully someone can help me with this. Some background:

Been playing The Show since '17. In the first 2 years I went through Franchise and injuries popped up with no problem. In '19 I went through my entire Franchise season and not 1 injury was sustained. In '20 the injuries were back again. In preparation for today I ran through some simulated Franchise seasons and the problem I had in '19 with no injuries was back. I even jacked up the injury probability on my Sliders and still no injuries when I simulated the season. Is this a bug for this edition of the Show or am I doing something wrong in my settings where no injuries are being sustained? Some additional info:

- I use 30 team manual control
- I am currently on PS4, hoping to move to PS5 if I can ever get my hands on one
- I have pretty much all of the settings on manual with the exception of things like scouting and drafting. Everything injury and roster related I set to manual so I can control it.
- I usually don't mess with the sliders

I really enjoy the game and like it to be as realistic as possible. Not having injuries pop up during a Franchise season eliminates some of that. Have read these Forums for years, but first time posting. Would appreciate any help you can provide. Cheers.
When you are doing 30 team control, are you turning on roster control 'on' when you start a franchise? This disables injuries no matter what you set the slider to or set to injury option to.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »