Home

What is the most realistic pitching interface?

This is a discussion on What is the most realistic pitching interface? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2021, 10:08 PM   #1
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
What is the most realistic pitching interface?

I'm curious to see what people think. In my franchise I've been using meter pitching. I feel like it's too easy, even on HOF and Legend. I have hardly given up any walks with even the worst pitchers on my team (Indians)

I can't do the pinpoint pitching. I just can't do it, so I guess not including that, what is the most realistic?

I changed to classic for a couple games, but noticed even Shane Bieber had trouble hitting his spots.

So yeah, what do you guys think?

I know this has been talked about before, but the game changes, so wanted to get the info for 21 in particular.

Last edited by PVarck31; 06-11-2021 at 10:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2021, 10:38 PM   #2
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is the most realistic pitching interface?

Define realistic. As far as the player ratings making the biggest impact compared to how good a person happens to be at video games, classic is the most realistic.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:08 AM   #3
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

It’s funny that you mention you cant walk ppl on legend with meter. Maybe I’m just sucks but i walk at least 2-3 batter a game lol.but i am curious what others think of this. For me how is the pinpoint i try it and was like idk

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 06-12-2021, 02:42 AM   #4
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
Define realistic. As far as the player ratings making the biggest impact compared to how good a person happens to be at video games, classic is the most realistic.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Player ratings with minimal stick skills.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:46 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Yeah, that's what I meant. Player ratings with minimal stick skills.
Then classic is definitely the most realistic as it is the most ratings driven of the pitching types. And for hitting, directional is the most ratings reliant method to hit making it the most realistic in that regard.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2021, 08:42 AM   #6
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

To me, Analog on Legend "feels" the most realistic in terms of making me feel like a real pitcher on the mound battling with hitters, and my stats are actually quite realistic as well. I love the momentum of the rock and fire motion, and the mechanic for locating high or low and inside or out feels amazing imo. I'm not flawless with the stick, so I don't always hit my spots, and when I hang one, I know exactly why and it often gets crushed. Also pitchers with lower ratings will miss and/or hang stuff more often, especially as they get tired, so ratings definitely come into effect. I also walk at least a couple guys per game. You can also adjust the Control and Consistency and/or increase CPU hitting if you need to make it harder.

I've tried to love Classic, but it's just not interactive enough for me and doesn't get my adrenaline flowing like analog does. Thankfully with my thumbs at least, Analog produces stats that are fairly sim, but it will vary based upon how good you are with the stick and you may need to adjust sliders accordingly.

Last edited by jeffy777; 06-12-2021 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:14 PM   #7
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Then classic is definitely the most realistic as it is the most ratings driven of the pitching types. And for hitting, directional is the most ratings reliant method to hit making it the most realistic in that regard.
So directional is based on the rating of the hitter and zone is based on the person playing as the hitter am i understanding that

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 06-12-2021, 06:03 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
To me, Analog on Legend "feels" the most realistic in terms of making me feel like a real pitcher on the mound battling with hitters, and my stats are actually quite realistic as well. I love the momentum of the rock and fire motion, and the mechanic for locating high or low and inside or out feels amazing imo. I'm not flawless with the stick, so I don't always hit my spots, and when I hang one, I know exactly why and it often gets crushed. Also pitchers with lower ratings will miss and/or hang stuff more often, especially as they get tired, so ratings definitely come into effect. I also walk at least a couple guys per game. You can also adjust the Control and Consistency and/or increase CPU hitting if you need to make it harder.

I've tried to love Classic, but it's just not interactive enough for me and doesn't get my adrenaline flowing like analog does. Thankfully with my thumbs at least, Analog produces stats that are fairly sim, but it will vary based upon how good you are with the stick and you may need to adjust sliders accordingly.
I'm a meter & directional guy myself but I think playing on the ''right'' difficulty level and sliders to match ones own personal skill set are far more important in achieving realistic results. so much so that doing that will make whatever interface you choose a moo point

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »