Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2022, 08:52 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

Oh yes, it's time. We are hours away from Early Access, so it's time to start the thread anew.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2022, 09:28 PM   #2
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

My favorite time of the year.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:05 PM   #3
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I知 surprised they didn稚 reveal the cover choice pack options.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:15 PM   #4
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I知 surprised they didn稚 reveal the cover choice pack options.
With how they do leave some surprises for once the game is live, I still wouldn't be surprised to see David Wright in that pack. It would be a really good (and cool) reason to not go deep into talking about that pack.

And that is pretty notable too because, at least as far as I can remember, they always detail those pre-order packs and we've gotten absolutely nothing.

They DID allude to Mauer having a 96 overall. Surely these Cover Athlete cards aren't that good, right? I'd imagine Mauer's best card would be a 99 so I'd be jaw-dropped if we're actually getting mid-90's in the CA pack.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:20 PM   #5
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
With how they do leave some surprises for once the game is live, I still wouldn't be surprised to see David Wright in that pack. It would be a really good (and cool) reason to not go deep into talking about that pack.

And that is pretty notable too because, at least as far as I can remember, they always detail those pre-order packs and we've gotten absolutely nothing.

They DID allude to Mauer having a 96 overall. Surely these Cover Athlete cards aren't that good, right? I'd imagine Mauer's best card would be a 99 so I'd be jaw-dropped if we're actually getting mid-90's in the CA pack.
I知 thinking that 96 Mauer is the first chase card, I doubt these cover cards will be that highly rated. It would be cool if they snuck in Wright and Pedroia in these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2022, 10:31 PM   #6
MVP

papadell's Arena

Speaking of Chase packs...

I'm absolutely ripping a bundle now. I couldn't use the gift card I wanted to get a digital Xbox cash card (but you can do it for physical that ship - wtf) so I'm just going to cash in $50 in cash back rewards and buy one go of stubs. I'll just use that gift card for groceries or something and call it even. It's the only money I'm going to spend this year outside of the pre-orders and my tune changed after seeing their amazing presentation tonight.

Going to sell off pretty much everything I can unless I pack a gatekeeper. Then I'll start working the market a bit and look for good investments and whatnot.

I'm going to do what I can to finish the Braves collection first. From there, I'm just going to play the game and work through all the rewards and build my way through collections. I'm stoked Randy is in the game but don't really care about this LS collection, tbh. Frank Thomas isn't exciting to me at all because I've used him a ton in this game already and I'd love to use Clemente for extended time, but I'm not going out of my way to try and acquire this version. I'll get Randy in the choice pack tonight so I'll at least get to use him so the SS can wait as long as it takes.

So I'm gonna boot up, hope the servers don't die, set my team info and get to work opening packs and flipping/buying. I'll see how things go before I decide if I'm playing tonight or saving that for tomorrow. The girlfriend works 12 hours so I'll be able to play all day with zero shame. I'm so hyped for this game that if the servers don't completely die, I'm going to stay up until like noon if possible. Tomorrow is day 1 of a 10 day vacation so I'm ready to not touch grass or sleep.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:40 PM   #7
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

I知 starting to get really hyped. This is going to be a long hour and a half. After setting up my team, going to open all my preorder packs. It looks like Tyler O誰eill is starting as a gold, hopefully he値l show up in one of the gold choice packs, as I want to start getting him paralleled asap. I知 going to keep an eye on the market and try to nab Arenado or the Jordan Walker prospect card for a good price. Gameplay wise, I think I知 going to try a couple of mini season games.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:55 PM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Gonna rip through those packs and see who to go after next

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »