Home

Do any grand slam tennis debs read this board?

This is a discussion on Do any grand slam tennis debs read this board? within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2011, 03:28 AM   #1
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Do any grand slam tennis debs read this board?

If so I wanted to put in my feedback since I have the demo and really like this game. Iam hoping some of this can be addressed before release. I've played over 30 matches.

I can now beat superstar 3-0. I use the face buttons and load up flat shots over and over and make sure the timing is good on thie release every time. When you hit this hard, the Ai does not attack as much. If it does, I go for a down the line passing shot by looking off the crosscourt shot and aiming the left stick down the line at the last second.

The Ai volleys a lot and is unnaturally good at it.

Shots do not go out often at all..I hold down the button as long as possible and hit really deep, but no errors.

Different spins do not seem to matter. I can hit flat the whole time and not miss a shot. Is there going to be more to learn with using spin that I am missing?

1 handed backhands. It looks like both players have federer's one hander sometimes..looks bad.

Really impressed with the game though. It is very authentic and the motion capture looks awesome. It really looks like Nadals strokes. The shoes, racquets, crowd, anouncing..this could be a special game if the gameplay gets tweaked.

The feel of game is very very addictive, and it really makes a difference when people who know the timing and movement are playing if you are watching gameplay vids. Points play out very well and get a little arcadey but it is blurred with a lot of authenticity as well.

I misspelled devs due to autocorrect..lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
MVP

Methlab's Arena

Re: Do any grand slam tennis debs read this board?

Quick Update. I can win on superstar with either player now in straight sets.

I just hold a and hit with power and good timing. Pass down the line if Ai approaches net. I never even really use any other button. There is no real punishment for hitting out the entire match since I have barely any errors. I construct some great looking points, but it looks like power and a big serve can get you places.

Is there going to be more depth to that gameplay issue because the game could get easy fast. It is still incredibly fun to play. Now and then I be into a super long baseline rally and the crowd reacts through it..

Also serves out wide get crushed so you just have to serve down the t all the time.

The online manual skipped over the button control section, so I am hoping this is an early beta .
Old 12-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
MVP

Methlab's Arena

Am I the only guy playing the demo?
Old 12-30-2011, 01:16 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Haven't played the demo, but I am assuming it plays like the version on the Wii a few years back. Which is fine. Probably the game I played online the most.

Anyway, what I really hope for the most is some new players to be added. I hate how small the lineups are for tennis games. I want even some of the minor characters. Like seriously, how much is Nikolay Davydenko's asking price to be in a video game? He'd probably just say "yeah, whatever" if someone asked him. You can't tell me guys like Isner, Querrey, etc. wouldn't be all over appearing in a video game too.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

i am really enjoying this demo! as for the lack of pros, it states on the game that there is a robust create a player option where you can use gameface and such, and also easily share/download other's created players. looking forward to this game for sure!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

There's a "roster sharing" feature? Oh that's great news.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
i am really enjoying this demo! as for the lack of pros, it states on the game that there is a robust create a player option where you can use gameface and such, and also easily share/download other's created players. looking forward to this game for sure!
I'll believe it when I see it. The create a player was alright for the Wii version, but I think you could only make 6. You also had to build them all up which got boring.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:13 AM   #8
MVP

Methlab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
It's great. Now the I can beat the Ai on hardest difficulty with ease, I am oping it gets better. All I do is hit power shoots with good timing over and over.

I am hoping head to head has more creative rallies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »