Home

Tennis video games thru the years

This is a discussion on Tennis video games thru the years within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Tennis video games thru the years

I literally just ordered Top Spin 4. I'm finally going next gen (or I guess current gen now) this fall so I've been picking up a few games I missed. Hate I'm getting this so late as it looks really good!

I started thinking of some of the games I've had over the years. Top Spin will be the first tennis game I've owned since the ps1 days!!! I played pong as a small child but I think Super Tennis on the SNES was the first game I really enjoyed. It played pretty well for it's time. When I went to ps1, Power Serve was the game that caught my eye when I saw it in magazines. The graphics were such a jump from the SNES game. Unfortunately, the game was TERRIBLE! Did anyone ever win a match on that? I think there was one player I could beat but no others. The most frustrating sports game I ever played. The last tennis game I owned was V Tennis also for the ps1. It played fairly well but the graphics had that Virtua fighter look to them. I remember the courts were in odd locations. I think one was near a volcano! Anyone remember these or any others?

Hopefully, a new game is on the horizon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 01:13 AM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tennis video games thru the years

I was expecting a video.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
MVP

Sorry. Way over my head there. No clue how to post video.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:42 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

Heard Top Spin 1 on the Xbox has the best gameplay in the series.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:46 PM   #5
MVP

Really?? I just played 4 & it's really good. Can't imagine 1 was better. These are great games though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like 4 the best. I think it's the best choice for anyone with a flat screen. Tough to play xbox games on a HD panel regardless of the gameplay.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:57 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
I literally just ordered Top Spin 4. I'm finally going next gen (or I guess current gen now) this fall so I've been picking up a few games I missed. Hate I'm getting this so late as it looks really good!

I started thinking of some of the games I've had over the years. Top Spin will be the first tennis game I've owned since the ps1 days!!! I played pong as a small child but I think Super Tennis on the SNES was the first game I really enjoyed. It played pretty well for it's time. When I went to ps1, Power Serve was the game that caught my eye when I saw it in magazines. The graphics were such a jump from the SNES game. Unfortunately, the game was TERRIBLE! Did anyone ever win a match on that? I think there was one player I could beat but no others. The most frustrating sports game I ever played. The last tennis game I owned was V Tennis also for the ps1. It played fairly well but the graphics had that Virtua fighter look to them. I remember the courts were in odd locations. I think one was near a volcano! Anyone remember these or any others?

Hopefully, a new game is on the horizon.
This was one of my favorite tennis games

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ket_Attack.jpg
Old 08-09-2017, 08:32 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

jennifer capriati tennis is easily the best/most fun tennis game Ive ever played.
spent alot of hours with that game on the genesis. Loved how the players played differently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »