Home

WWE Draft 2024

This is a discussion on WWE Draft 2024 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2024, 12:47 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
WWE Draft 2024

Draft kicks off this Friday.

First time since 2018 that we have a draft with a GM on each side (last 2 drafts were Pearce being the authority figure of both shows, and before that was the awkward "network executives picking the roster" which led to a boardroom of non WWE TV execs celebrating a Natalya draft pick like they just took a #1 pick 4th overall!)

I'm sure we'll get details soon, but I imagine it's like past drafts where half the roster is eligible to be picked Friday and the other half is eligible Monday.

Even though it's a draft, obviously it's not a full turnover, we could go through all this for the rosters to stay 90% the same as it is now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 01:01 PM   #2

Majingir's Arena

Re: WWE Draft 2024

Kind of hard to "predict" where anyone goes because its a full roster draft.

However, from NXT I could see Corbin, Melo, Dijak, Ilja, Blair, Lyra getting moved.

Main roster to NXT I could see Odyssey (if he's not released), Omos, Maxxine, Tegan, Final Testament, Isla going there.

Assuming all champs stay on same brand (outside of Cody going to SD), wouldn't mind

To SD:
Gunther/Kaiser
Jey
DIY
New Day
Nakamura
Indi/Candice
Nia
Piper
Shayna

To Raw:
Street Profits/Lashley
Bron
The OC
LA Knight
Sheamus
New Catch Republic
Alba
Bianca
Jade

Last edited by Majingir; 04-24-2024 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:25 PM   #3
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Draft rules and pools:

https://twitter.com/ScrapDaddyAP/sta...23619671199897
Old 04-24-2024, 05:40 PM   #4

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
A better format than years past where it was always "Raw gets pick #1 AND 3 picks per round since its 3 hours."

The pools are a bit interesting. 16 picks announced during SD, but we know they always announce more online/on the SD Lowdown show. There's 20 possible main roster picks, but how does NXT factor in this? 4 rounds, does NXT get some picks?

My guess on the picks.

SD:
Bloodline
Jey Uso
Orton
Jax
Andrade
Melo
Bron
LA Knight

Raw:
Alpha Academy
Bianca
Liv
Rollins
AJ
OC
Sheamus
Ilja

Undrafted:
Ricochet (Raw)
Zoey (NXT)
Shayna (SD)
Cedric/Ashante (SD)
Ivar (SD)
Alba/Isla (Raw)

The way I see/think it could go for the Women's division, more of the tag teams will/should be on Raw since Raw is the longer show so makes sense they have an extra division (I know the champs can appear on either show, but doesn't make sense to have women's tag teams on both shows so that when there's no title feud they're not even on tv)

Didn't realize Jimmy wasn't on either night. Apparently he's injured? Not that he needs to be drafted, wherever the Bloodline goes you know he'll return on that show.

Last edited by Majingir; 04-24-2024 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2024, 05:50 PM   #5
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

So the Champions are staying on the same show and aren't eligable according to the Draft Pools. That is very interesting as I assumed Cody and the Bloodline would go to RAW with WWE wanting their main storyline plus The Rock to be on RAW when it goes to Netfix.

So unless there is a fall draft that would get the rosters how WWE wants them for Netflix, this is an interesting choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 05:53 PM   #6

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
So the Champions are staying on the same show and aren't eligable according to the Draft Pools. That is very interesting as I assumed Cody and the Bloodline would go to RAW with WWE wanting their main storyline plus The Rock to be on RAW when it goes to Netfix.

So unless there is a fall draft that would get the rosters how WWE wants them for Netflix, this is an interesting choice.
To be fair, the tv deal kicks in January. You have 8 months of the current stuff before Netflix kicks in, then 4 months before the next draft. And RTWM we know brand split means very little anyways so those 4 months won't mean much for the rosters.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:12 PM   #7

Majingir's Arena

Heyman kicks off the draft announcing that likely #1 pick Roman Reigns WON'T be part of the draft.

One question I'm wondering...did Reigns withdraw himself, or was this "by orders of the Tribal Chief"? They're slowly trying to cut him out of his own Bloodline?
Old 04-26-2024, 09:30 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

Bianca goes 1st?

Jey stays on Raw.

How do you not take Rollins over Bianca, even just from a kayfabe perspective.

Melo or Bron going 1st overall would've been a way to make a huge statement.

At least they already tied in Melo going 1st round, changing his "HIM" to "H1M"

They had Torrie and McCool both come out together to announce next round of picks and they DIDN'T use "You're not enough for me"? Big missed opportunity since BOTH of them actually used that theme, even if McCool is more known for it.

Why are DVon and JBL on Pearces Raw drafting team? Then Bubba and Teddy Long are on team SD? Teddy makes sense, even funnier since McCool is the one announcing SD picks, Teddy probably told Aldis to draft Undertaker and Aldis said best he can do is McCool announcing picks.

Last edited by Majingir; 04-26-2024 at 10:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »