Home

WWE 14: Needs to focus on 3 things.......

This is a discussion on WWE 14: Needs to focus on 3 things....... within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
WWE 14: Needs to focus on 3 things.......

WWE 14 Needs to focus on:

1.Commentary-Has potential to be GREAT if they actually spent time on it

2.Gameplay- Mkae a Damn WRESTLING Game

3.WWE UNIVERSE- They can add ALL the story designer scenes to Universe.... Make 2-3 superstar thread for each wrestler so when something happens in The Universe the superstar can change IF needed....... Let Commentary actually talk about the Universe....... etc......
Make the Feuds last more than 4 Weeks...... Have rivalries lead into PPVs and after.....

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: WWE 14: Needs to focus on 3 things.......

universe has a lot of potential, but i just dont see them making it feel alive with only one year of development, they need to have tons of possiblilities, if some one suplexes you into the announce table to get a countout finish, they need to have the fued turn into a tables match every now and then when that happens, wwe is too unpredictable to develop all of this in a year.maddens connected careers added nothing new to franchise because all the tweets and such got old quick.i would love if these yearly sports games take a two year break for just one game to add a lot to it.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

I'd like them to work on the overall stability of the game, especially with the inclusion of created content. THQ really has struggled over the years with crashes. My game froze to the point of having to turn it off twice this morning and that's not really that uncommon, unfortunately. Same goes for community creations - system stability is just not at an acceptable and professional level yet.

As far as gameplay tweaks, I'd really like to see them:

1.) change the CHEER/BOO to a HEEL/FACE designation and then have a rating called OVER to change the volume of cheering during entrances and gameplay.

2.) provide more options in universe mode so that you can apply storylines to specific wrestlers. Give us the list of storylines and let us apply them to the wrestlers whom we want to be involved. Let us choose how long it goes, how intense/how often it occurs, and at which ppv it ends. Guys who play universe mode want to be the puppet master, so to speak, and pull the strings - but the game doesn't really gives us the strings. I'd also really like to see our editing NOT mess up the storyline (something as simple as switching a submission match to a table match can extend a feud another week b/c the AI demands you play the submission match).

3.) change the superstar threads to fully editable in-game superstars so we can update and change the in-game wrestlers. Too many of us waste the CAW roster spots on wrestlers who are actually in the game but we can't use them how we want (e.g. I actually have a CAW Mick Foley... and there's already the three faces of Foley - but no actual Foley. And a real DX Shawn Michaels... and we have the superstar thread option but you won't ever really switch the Acolytes to APA b/c in cutscenes they'll always be wearing their default threads - which are the Acolytes.)

4.) Put the game creation suite online like EA has so we can move beyond the simple paint tool and import graphics in the form of .jpg and .bmp files. This would improve the community creations products and accessibility for more users.

5.) Expand the commentary name library considerably. The system has always been poorly conceived and very limited. Take a cue from EA here, also.

6.) Championship entrances need to be customizable.

Last edited by mcavner; 11-24-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Rookie

RaiRaiFromPSN's Arena

OVR: 2

The matches need to be way more dramatic! This shouldn't be a button mash fighting game, it should be a WRESTLING game!
Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

^^^^^^^ NEEDS MORE EMOTION

I think I'm going to make another twitter account to talk about this kind of stuff to the developers ..... Goes for ALL games

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown

Last edited by EAGLESFAN10; 11-24-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
I'd like them to work on the overall stability of

6.) Championship entrances need to be customizable.
This right here! How the hell has this not been fixed. Every year im pissed because my entrance gets ignored because my guy has a belt! I should be able too customize it or use the entrance that took me a long time to create. This really makes me mad. It should be a simple thing that was fixed years ago. Its a belt, put it around his waist and leave it at that, at least.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
Rookie

For my money, #1, #2, and #3, are fixing the wrestling AI and giving us the tools to customize how the different wrestlers wrestle, use their movesets, and tailor their movesets to include things we want them to use and not just fill up generic slots with moves that don't represent how the wrestlers actually worked.

After that, it's Universe all the way. Everything should be Universe and the Universe should encompass everything. Why couldn't this year's Attitude mode be a Universe set in the Attitude era. Why couldn't they have a Hogan Era Universe? A WWWF Era Universe?

How about Universe settings for things like finishers? So that we can set up a Hogan Era pe in which finishers almost always ended a match to other eras in which finishers were less deadly?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
Banned

Universe 4.0 needs to be story driven with out losing the customization. That is all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »