Home

WWE Network Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Network Discussion Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-28-2022, 05:47 PM   #9841

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE Network Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
I discovered a site that has uploaded re-dubbed versions of pretty much everything late 90's/early 00's of WWE, WCW, and ECW and it's so cool. Not only did they dub back in the edited-out entrance themes but they put back missing segments in as well. Super cool but probably not of much interest to most unless you're into data hoarding.

It got me thinking though as I popped up a random episode of WCW Monday Nitro in 1998 and just how hot the crowds are and then I see these geeks on reddit getting worked up over Kevin Nash making a comment on Twitter about how Will Ospreay doesn't draw and they try to say how he carried the UK indy scene or how he's super popular in Japan like that's somehow comparable to the drawing power guys like CM Punk and John Cena have/had.

Here's the tweet for reference. https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/st...WNQ4fe5YPJVfBw
One of the things I find funny about wrestling comments is that people think someone who is good in the ring automatically makes them better than everyone who isn't as good, as if the entire industry isn't about more than 1 thing.

Imagine thinking someone is a better basketball player than Curry because they can do 360 between the legs dunks. Or someone is a better football player because they can run faster than a RB.

Doesn't mean guys who can do stuff like that aren't talented, but clearly the big names became big names for a reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2022, 05:53 PM   #9842
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
One of the things I find funny about wrestling comments is that people think someone who is good in the ring automatically makes them better than everyone who isn't as good, as if the entire industry isn't about more than 1 thing.

Imagine thinking someone is a better basketball player than Curry because they can do 360 between the legs dunks. Or someone is a better football player because they can run faster than a RB.

Doesn't mean guys who can do stuff like that aren't talented, but clearly the big names became big names for a reason.
There's just always been this weird part of the IWC that ****s on the dudes who weren't good wrestlers because all they care about is in-ring work and it's like hitting a brick wall trying to tell them that casuals tune-in for the characters and stories, not their in-ring work.
Old 08-28-2022, 06:03 PM   #9843

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
There's just always been this weird part of the IWC that ****s on the dudes who weren't good wrestlers because all they care about is in-ring work and it's like hitting a brick wall trying to tell them that casuals tune-in for the characters and stories, not their in-ring work.
Even hardcore fans tune in for characters too.

Not that caring about only in ring work is a bad thing, you can easily appreciate a good technical wrestling match, but people need to realize the entire industry wasn't built on good technical wrestlers and most athletic guys.

If it was, then forget about The Rock, Triple H, Stone Cold or Undertaker in attitude era, let's see Malenko, Liger, Benoit as the face of the industry.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:32 PM   #9844
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I discovered a site that has uploaded re-dubbed versions of pretty much everything late 90's/early 00's of WWE, WCW, and ECW and it's so cool. Not only did they dub back in the edited-out entrance themes but they put back missing segments in as well. Super cool but probably not of much interest to most unless you're into data hoarding.

It got me thinking though as I popped up a random episode of WCW Monday Nitro in 1998 and just how hot the crowds are and then I see these geeks on reddit getting worked up over Kevin Nash making a comment on Twitter about how Will Ospreay doesn't draw and they try to say how he carried the UK indy scene or how he's super popular in Japan like that's somehow comparable to the drawing power guys like CM Punk and John Cena have/had.

Here's the tweet for reference. https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/st...WNQ4fe5YPJVfBw
Yeah yeah the tweet is good and all that, but what about this re-dubbed site link though? I like watching the Network, but when Hogan is coming out air guitaring to the nWo theme and not Hendrix or I gotta see Undertaker riding out his motorcycle to You're Gonna Pay 2 years before that song was ever made, it's a bit on the annoying side. So I might wanna check this site out and see what you're talking about lol
Old 08-31-2022, 09:13 AM   #9845
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

I think registrations are currently closed and you have to donate to get an account. Totally worth the money though, the redubs are awesome.

I don't think I can directly post the link but if you go on Google and you search "XWT redub" then you will find what you're looking for. PM me if you need help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2022, 01:38 AM   #9846
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

As cool as it is to see Hogan's entrance song get its proper due, DDP's is even better. His theme song bangs (pun intended) and the energy just can't be matched by his ****ty dubbed network version.
Old 09-05-2022, 01:51 AM   #9847

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Watching Summerslam '89.

Opening match is Brainbusters vs Hart Foundation. Have no memory of Tully and Arn being tag champions. So many WCW/NWA guys came in and were pushed at the same time here.

Tony Schiavone and Jesse Ventura on commentary. 3 years later this exact team would be calling WCW PPVs. Schiavone is great, and honestly he should have stayed in WWF longer.

First WWF PPV for Dusty Rhodes. It's crazy how cartoony his character was in WWF compared to WCW/NWA. His in-ring was the same, still over, but his promos were just so over the top and extra camp. Theme song was a banger tho.

Rougaeus brothers come out with Rick Martel to "All American Boys," with Jimmy Hart AND Slick. Had to be a sale at Gimmicks-R-Us.

Bossman and Akeem coming out to Slick's "Jive Soul Bro" is lowkey badass. Mr. Perfect went forever having no entrance music, which feels dumb, but at least they didn't give him the Red Rooster gimmick.

Backstage segment with Mean Gene, Macho Man, Sherri and Zeus, all standing over a cauldron like it's a middle school haunted house or something.

Crowd was hot for everything. Especially the Zeus/Hogan tag main event. I feel like people don't realize how decent No Holds Barred actually did at the box office. That film made twice as much as Suburban Commando, and was competitive with Road House in the weeks they went head to head. There were even people who bought tickets to see No Holds Barred when the other options were the opening weekend of Batman, Indiana Jones, and the Ghostbusters sequel. And it did not get anywhere near as wide of a release as those did.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:09 PM   #9848
All Star

OVR: 2

How has no one ever got the rights to put Zeus in a video game? That’s what I need from 2k23. Showcase: No Holds Barred. Let me play through all those matches and let me unlock all those shady fight club type rings as well as the bad *** studio from the end. I NEED THIS

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »