Home

WWE 2K23 Cover Athlete is John Cena - Features, Screenshots, Release Date and More

This is a discussion on WWE 2K23 Cover Athlete is John Cena - Features, Screenshots, Release Date and More within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-24-2023, 03:31 AM   #17
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE 2K23 Cover Athlete is John Cena - Features, Screenshots, Release Date and Mor

I think the reversal system was too confusing. You had parries, mid move counters, and dodges but it was hard to know which moves had what. Some moves had no counters.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2023, 06:36 AM   #18
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: WWE 2K23 Cover Athlete is John Cena - Features, Screenshots, Release Date and Mor

Nothing here makes me go wow. I felt a little bitter last year despite loving the game how quickly it went to discount.

I feel like it'll be a must get, but wait till the $120 version becomes $100 because I'm still enjoying 2K22.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:38 AM   #19
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I enjoyed last years game first time I've bought it in years. So this is the first time recently been anticipating the news coming out.

My GM is the mode that will make or break if I buy it or just stick with this years as a secondary game. I like what I've seen from it so sounds like it will atleast be more in depth.

The war games match is obviously cool

per twitter

MyGM in #WWE2K23

Take the reins of a weekly show and compete against rival general managers for brand supremacy

🔹 More GMs to choose from
🔹 Additional show options
🔹 Multiple seasons
🔹 Expanded match cards
🔹 More match types for up to 4 players

Twitter
Old 01-24-2023, 04:35 PM   #20
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

From what I saw on a Youtube Video that was made about some interview with the game directors the Universe mode updates didn't seem to be that great. More control over when things happen was about all it seemed so far. Hopefully there is more to come.

Unfortunately for me I am looking for more random events, stories, injuries, callups, new wrestlers, retirees, Hall of Fame, that I don't have to control and just being able to jump in and play matches when I want. It needs more variety so we will see if that is the case or the story features are just giving you control when and what happens with the existing ones.

It took all of 10 minutes in Universe mode for me to be bored because it's same old, same old. There is no way this game was totally redesigned from the ground up. Universe Mode was almost exactly the same. I'm glad I didn't buy it this year and only played it when it came out on PSPlus.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:42 AM   #21
Rookie

OriolesFanRD's Arena

OVR: 5

Good to hear that Create-A-Arena is coming back online. Hoping that they also fixed the artifacting on AMD GPUs and some of the bugged out CAW parts. I wish they would also explain why they hate PC so much. Keep giving us the PS4 version of the game instead of PS5. WEAK
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Maryland Terps [Basketball|Football]
Online Championship Wrestling
2012 Baltimore Orioles - Left us way too soon. Fun ride, fellas!
2014 Baltimore Orioles - My soul hurts. It hurts really bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2023, 07:11 PM   #22
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Really excited about War Games. Might be my most anticipated part of the game.

I also really hope they make Universe more engaging. They said there are many more improvements than what they have reveled.

And I have a question. When people say the PC version is last gen. What makes it last gen? I have 2K22 on PC and Series X, and they seem to be the same to me. What am I missing here?
Old 01-25-2023, 08:18 PM   #23
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
And I have a question. When people say the PC version is last gen. What makes it last gen? I have 2K22 on PC and Series X, and they seem to be the same to me. What am I missing here?
For WWE I don’t think you’re missing anything - there aren’t any obvious differences like you’d see in a Madden or NBA2K.

Last year was…new-gen got an extra Rey Mysterio or something? I’m still just on PS4 but I don’t remember there being anything else. Graphics looked very similar, all the same modes were there, etc.

Nothing was specified as new-gen exclusive in the 2K23 info released this week, so I would guess it’ll be largely the same across all platforms again. Hopefully they at least have faster loading for you guys with the new systems though.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:42 PM   #24
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
For WWE I don’t think you’re missing anything - there aren’t any obvious differences like you’d see in a Madden or NBA2K.

Last year was…new-gen got an extra Rey Mysterio or something? I’m still just on PS4 but I don’t remember there being anything else. Graphics looked very similar, all the same modes were there, etc.

Nothing was specified as new-gen exclusive in the 2K23 info released this week, so I would guess it’ll be largely the same across all platforms again. Hopefully they at least have faster loading for you guys with the new systems though.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I see a few people complaining that the PC version is last gen. Like you said, there really isn't a "last-gen" with the game. It seems all the same to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »