Home

WWE 2K17: Keys to Success

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17: Keys to Success within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE 2K17: Keys to Success

The WWE video game series lingered around directionless for years. The graphics weren’t great, gameplay was stale and it often didn’t feel like a wrestling game at all. Once it got brought under the 2K umbrella, fans of other 2K series’ immediately had high hopes and felt the series would finally make a leap to the next level. After a few years in the partnership, there is reason for optimism. Let’s take a look at a few things WWE 2K17 should focus on improving.

Read More - WWE 2K17: Keys to Success
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just reskin day of reckoning 2. Those GameCube n64 wrestling games have a fun factor unmatched. I wish they'd find a happy medium with what they're attempting to do and what those Nintendo series have do done in the past.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #3
Banned

sorry but universe got no improvements other than the removal of story collection and adding personality traits. they even removed cutscenes from minor shows or non rivalry matches and removed the draft. so I hope for 2k's sake they restore what was removed. graphics do not need to be improved anymore right now and gameplay is pretty much solid. they just need to address universe and the issues/removals
Old 07-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6
Take a page from Fire Pro Wrestling's creation ability. You can get any wrestler to perform like their real life counter-part.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:55 PM   #5
Rookie

theonlybstew's Arena

Bring back the weight classes. I no longer want Kalisto suplexing Andre the Giant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2016, 07:24 PM   #6
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
This is all great. I really hope the career gets improved much more because the foundation is there but it got old quickly. WWE 2k16 was a strong foundation all around, but I hope WWE 2k17 comes with a wealth of improvements that prolong the game. Within a month, I lost all interest in 2k16 and deleted it off my PS4.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Re: WWE 2K17: Keys to Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizen
Take a page from Fire Pro Wrestling's creation ability. You can get any wrestler to perform like their real life counter-part.
I think this is what the game needs more than anything.Some type of control over how a wrestler behaves in the ring. I disagree with they should make this into a fighting game.Fighting in is the exact opposite of pro wrestling.In fighting you forcefully work against your opponent to make the fight end while taking little damage as possible, while in pro wrestling you play a game of give and take to work with your opponent to create a great match for the fans to enjoy.So I don't know why they don't add this to the gameplay.Some older Japanese wrestling games have this and a grade system on your matches. Overall I like the direction 2k has taken the series so far.But it is still pretty far from looking like a real match on TV as far as in ring action, the graphics are the least of the games issues in my opinion.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:39 AM   #8
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
I agree with all these points but the biggest problem to me is the commentary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »