Home

WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #89
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Carbine
What's the big effect of TGH this year?

I wonder that the usable range for all attributes is 60-100 like DUR with changes only effective at 10 point intervals. I wonder if anyone has been able to test that (how, I'm not sure).

I've been playing with REC set to 60 across the board. I like it because guys stay down longer-- more time for a ground game and a bit slower pace.

Something to think about: using edge values can be useful for momentum purposes so that guys can "level up", so to speak, by gaining some positive momentum or drop down if they go negative.
As others have mentioned, TGH apparently affects damage received by all attacks. Working in conjunction with DUR (total hit points), you can get some interesting wrestler builds in theory, which is what I've tried to do this go-around.

I'm still toying around with the REC attribute; the setup I've got is better than it was previously (I think it may have been your suggestion that smaller guys should have lower REC values, actually, which is generally the case now), but I'm not 100% sure if I'm "happy" with it yet. Part of the issue might be my approach, as I didn't come into this project with the idea I'm going to get gameplay that matches what I see on TV, as the game simply isn't built that way; it's a fighting game with wrestlers (albeit a very fun one) and not a wrestling game. Long story short, I'll give more dramatically decreased REC values a shot.

With respect to "edge values" for DUR - the thing I specifically wanted to avoid was having a bunch of people on the roster with 79, 89, or 99 DUR; my working idea was that if a wrestler is already that close to the threshold, just round up one point and award the extra 50 hit points. Since DUR is the only attribute which is so obviously discrete in its effect, it's the only attribute for which I apply any sort of rounding. I let momentum in Universe govern any other discrete changes caused by ratings fluctuations, which (with the exception of 90 or greater AGI allowing jumping to the top rope rather than climbing) are far less apparent to me. The "leveling up" effect you describe is exactly what I wanted to achieve with respect to Universe momentum, for the most part.

I do appreciate the feedback; again, I don't claim what I'm doing as a monolith by any means.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 12-03-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #90
Banned

Raider Nation's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm loving your ratings CM Hooe
Old 12-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #91
Banned

Raider Nation's Arena

Shame this topic died :\
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #92
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11

I think it does because everyone jumped over to Hyperballers thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #93
Banned

Raider Nation's Arena

I've been using CM Hooe's ratings and love them. Feel very balanced with great variety
Old 12-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #94
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

I was just gonna ask if anyone had an opinion on these, then saw the above post lol. Was thinkin' about givin' em a shot.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #95
Banned

Raider Nation's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM207
I was just gonna ask if anyone had an opinion on these, then saw the above post lol. Was thinkin' about givin' em a shot.
I definitely like the way matches feel using his ratings. I can't say how CPU vs CPU plays out but Me vs CPU feels great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #96
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

I dont care about cpu v cpu....I play all my matches. I saw there was sliders berried somewhere in this thread...are you using those as well??

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »