Home

WWE 2K18 wishlist

This is a discussion on WWE 2K18 wishlist within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-23-2016, 06:04 AM   #17
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WWE 2K18 wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
3. Stop the stupid limit to downloads in a day. If I want to fill up my whole downloaded lineup in one day, I should be able to do so. The limits for one day is just stupid and unneeded and unwanted.
I agree, we should be able to download more content, but on the other hand, it's probably the best thing Yuke/2K has done for the servers. Given SVR's horrendous server history, it was hard to get any downloading done without getting kicked out to the menu right after or during a download. But that's just my 2 cents on that aspect.

Moving on, I feel there should be more social media in MyCareer/Universe mode. As much as WWE emphasizes on being connected with social media, one would think it would implicated in the game. Things such as in-character tweets/online-in ring feuds, injury updates, match updates, big announcements, post-match/show reviews/reactions. Something very similar to NBA 2K's social media.

Another thing that would be a nice touch is an in-game podcast. Seems to a money maker with Austin's, Jericho's, etc. Mini interviews, statements, announcements, etc, anything that revolves around what's happening in that universe or career mode would be cool.

A kickoff show for PPVs would be a nice addition. Just like the real show, topics would be about tonight's matches and rivalries (skipping the show is optional of course)

Can definitely use a MyGM mode. Emphasizing on being the GM, making matches and decisions that can cost or make you money. With a rating grade of the show, the better, the more money. The more money, the resources at your disposal (contract signings/re-signings, trades, bigger matches at PPVs (Cage, Cell, Chambers, TLC), championships, promotions, venue purchases, movies, etc.), the worse the show, the less resources, with the potential of bankrupting the business. Not to mention a must have of keeping your show's superstars happy. Happy employees are good and hard workers. The unhappy ones feel more reluctant to put on a show, or may break kayfabe, potentially costing you revenue and your job as GM if things get out of hand.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:31 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

1. INCREASING THE NUMBER OF MOVES
2. PERSONALIZED COMMENTARY
3. CREATING A STORY - Should be allow for all fans
Old 11-17-2016, 06:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This is literally the same exact list I wrote for my WWE 2K16 wishlist in the game's subreddit:
  • More creative and more intelligent AI, especially in tag matches, but across the board in general. No more braindead-on-the-apron tag partners which don't react to the match unless I go for a pin fall or submission, no more CPU wrestlers always sprinting back to the ring after a five count, and no more cage / Hell In A Cell matches where the AI opponent makes no attempt to use the structure to his advantage. This is far and away the thing I want the most.
  • Redo OMG moves. They are pointless. Why would I ever save up specials to do OMG moves outside of the ring when I can use my finisher normally and win the match? Give me incentive to do these moves.
  • The ability to edit wrestlers entirely without purchase of the season pass. That we have to buy something in order to do this is unacceptable in the modern sports video game landscape.
  • The ability for 2K to post in-game roster updates with updated assets. Given that Madden NFL and NBA 2K can update in-game assets via downloaded updates (asset updates are part of NBA 2K's roster update process, Madden NFL had a separate download for hundreds of new player face scans), the technology definitely exists for this to happen.
  • Custom entrance music; hell, all the consoles are connected to the internet these days, why not let us stream music and a video from Youtube?
  • Better load times in the creation suite, they are simply atrocious and offensive.
  • A kickout difficulty meter because I suck at it lol.
  • More depth in MyCareer and Universe; MyCareer in particular is a fine concept but it was a shell of a mode this year.

How many of these things has 2K addressed with 2K17? I don't know, I haven't bought it yet. Everything I've read says my criticisms have gone unaddressed, however.

The a.i. in this game is by far the best the series has ever had. They actually use the ability they are given. The tag matches are great in my opinion. The A.i. reacts properly in the said situation. They break up properly and come in properly. I love it.

Also the load times are far better than previous installments.

The A.i. in the game is what I see a lot of improvements on in this game. Try it and let us know how you feel about it.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #20
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Commentary needs to be worked on big time. It is pretty bad and has been for awhile.

Better loads times is a issue and has always bothered me in this series.

I would like the ability to create and or assign a manager and have him come to the ring always with a certain wrestler(s) in Universe mode.

I want stables to matter, when I set up a stable or tag team and going through Universe Mode I don't want the game having them facing each other in a match.

Would be nice to be able to call for interference during your match and one of your stable members come out.

Would like to be able to import wrestler from previous games, I usually make about the same character for my main in MyCareer mode and get tired of having to recreate him every year. Takes a long time to create someone which is good to have all these options but make it easier.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 2

Lots of good suggestions. I'd also like to see a simple "Over" rating that impacts how big of a pop a wrestler gets. As well, I'd like to see an "Activity" rating so you can have those bigger stars who have a light or part-time schedule only show up later in the year for an angle right before Wrestlemania. I think it'd help when your universe has too many superstars in it - in 'real life' a lot of those guys are on the roster but aren't impactful week in and week out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #22
Rookie

RazorbackJeremy's Arena

The only thing that has bothered me with the games have been the limit on downloads and upload cap you can do. If it was really a server issue that they have to impose these restrictions, then why not invest in better servers?

I'm not a developer, so I don't know the technical side of things, but the download/upload cap is really annoying and the only thing I wish was gone.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:37 PM   #23
Just started!

Im not sure how others would feel about this but please bring story designer back. I know some are satisfied with universe mode but you have to admit that universe mode generates the most ridiculous matches/rivalries that I wouldn't even watch on TV let alone play in a game. Also the rivalry system in my career is so unrealistic. Usually rivals don't have a match until the ppv so why do I have to beat my rival in a match every show for an entire month? It gets boring and annoying after the third match. Also if I'm wrong if I beat a title holder in a non title match one or two times then doesn't that mean I have a shot at the title? One last suggestion that can help improve a more realistic match experience is bigger crowd reaction and animations.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #24
Just started!

I am probably in the minority on this but I would like to not only have my male CAW, but also my female CAW take part in My Career. Not to mention let's quit the BS, It is long over due for the late Chyna to be back in a WWE game, and Hulkamania needs to rum wild again. I'm black and I was over that whole mess within 30 seconds of its announcement. Was a fan of the Hulkster as a kid in the 80s, and still am today.

One more issue I have... why not the ability to import at least two CAW from the previous year's game. I like to create myself and always have since Nintendo 64 days. With that being said if a new 2K WWE game is put out every single year, than please let us import our CAW from game to game, even if it is just one. Creating a wrestler as fun as it is, can also be a task. I like specific moves, attire, abilities etc for my wrestler and therefore can be time consuming just for one CAW alone. CAW import would truly be a plus.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Draose1976; 03-09-2017 at 05:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »