Home
MLB 2K8 News Post

We have just posted screenshots from all of the major league stadiums, from our beta copy of Major League Baseball 2K8. Did they capture your favorite stadium correctly?

Game: Major League Baseball 2K8Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 Blzer @ 02/29/08 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I don't see how some of you guys can have fun with the game being so critical.
Authenticity. If they can get a player's mole on their cheek with an error of 0.01 cm, I think they can change the color of a wall in a stadium.

Stadiums are very important to hardcore baseball gamers. Just note that for future installments.

# 42 ab713 @ 02/29/08 04:38 PM
Quote:
Instead of putting a fresh coat of paint on a broken product, they're actually trying to fix the broken product, but some of you guys are still worrying about the paint.
The paint in this case is:

1. This is supposed to be a small tunnel that allows players access to the field. No seats in front of it.
2. Missing section of seats here.
3. These seats have never once been used in a baseball game and have no facing in front of them. If a fan were to get into this section they could fall right off behind the scoreboard.
4. These seats haven't been used in a couple years, and they have never been used in center except for playoff games.
5. Same as above.
6. Tarp should cover this entire section as it makes up the batters eye.
7. The center field wall is about half the size it should be.
8. The tunnel is about twice the size it should be.

Oh, as for the actual paint, it should be pretty obvious that the bright orange of the entire stadium is nowhere to be found in the game.

Other than that I think they did a good job.

# 43 royals_fan_16 @ 02/29/08 04:42 PM
Just as I figured, they have 0 of Kauffman's $250 million renovation project in the game.

# 44 OSUFan_88 @ 02/29/08 04:53 PM
The Jake *it will never be call "The Prog"* has the scoreboard from the freaking 90's in the game...that is still a disappointment...

2K's virtual Jake looks so godawful bad for about 5 years now.

# 45 lived @ 02/29/08 04:56 PM
Nice post ab713. No wonder I couldn't recognize the stadium, there was no orange.

# 46 HealyMonster @ 02/29/08 05:09 PM
pretty much the nex gen stadiums are the same as last gen but with better textures and resolution. pretty much 2k stadiums have been the same since 200/2002. i knwo at least shea has. obviously the new stadiums are newer but shea stadium is the same. heck it took them like 4 years to at least make the giant scoreboard in right field have a red ad there insteadof a giant blue mets logo. stupid.

# 47 UNMLobo @ 02/29/08 07:36 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the mountains are on the wrong side of Coors Field?

# 48 brendanrfoley @ 02/29/08 07:41 PM
Kush gamer said in an earlier thread that late in the development cycle, someone was hired to focus solely on stadiums.

Something tells me this will be a big focus for 2K9. I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything to those upset this year, but at least we know Kush is working on it.

# 49 TwinsTerritory @ 02/29/08 07:41 PM
Only complaint here is the turf wearing down like grass does. Not a big deal, just weird.

# 50 ps2baseball @ 02/29/08 09:30 PM
Milk bottle went out YEARS ago at Fenway.

# 51 bodhiball @ 02/29/08 09:44 PM
i can see the point made by some posters saying that we are being "too picky", cuz they are right, these are very small things. BUt thats the whole point, and what makes it so frustrating to us as fans....they are so small, so why not make the changes? In a years development time, why not look at a picture of a stadium and make the color of the wall correct...at the very least. It just seems strange that you are building such a great game, but miss the little things

# 52 pf8363 @ 03/01/08 12:35 AM
Buffalo's Dunn Tire Park is aweful in this game. You couldn't screw it up any much worse than they did!

# 53 Krebstar @ 03/01/08 12:59 AM
Can anyone tell me if Rosenblatt made it as one of the minor league stadiums?

# 54 TruWarriorRon @ 03/01/08 01:04 AM
I just hope the roof closes at Safeco when it rains.

# 55 blackngoldfan @ 03/01/08 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Stadiums are very important to hardcore baseball gamers. Just note that for future installments.
[In my best Allen Iverson voice]
C'mon man, we in here talkin' 'bout STADIUMS......not the game...not the game....we talkin' bout STADIUMS.....not the game.....not the game that I go out there and buy every year like it's my last...not the game.....we talkin' about STADIUMS man.... I mean, how silly is that....We talkin' about STADIUMS.....I'm not shoving it aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important. I honestly do, but we talkin' about STADIUMS man. What are we talkin' about? STADIUMS??

# 56 Ckhoss29 @ 03/01/08 03:31 AM
I personally think that Progressive Field looks pretty good IMO

# 57 mrsalsays @ 03/01/08 06:48 AM

i RARELY nitpick but does anyone think the right field wall looks horrendously off?

# 58 blackngoldfan @ 03/01/08 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsalsays

i RARELY nitpick but does anyone think the right field wall looks horrendously off?
It's not as bad as you think. It's just very dark. Take a close look at the RF wall and you can see the folded up stands.

# 59 milbrewcity @ 03/01/08 08:36 AM
Quote:
[In my best Allen Iverson voice]
C'mon man, we in here talkin' 'bout STADIUMS......not the game...not the game....we talkin' bout STADIUMS.....not the game.....not the game that I go out there and buy every year like it's my last...not the game.....we talkin' about STADIUMS man.... I mean, how silly is that....We talkin' about STADIUMS.....I'm not shoving it aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important. I honestly do, but we talkin' about STADIUMS man. What are we talkin' about? STADIUMS??
Ok that was pretty funny. Again, my frustration is that they have, in house, a 2K team that developed excellent stadiums in The Bigs. None of that could come over to this project?

# 60 chapmanosu1 @ 03/01/08 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
Buffalo's Dunn Tire Park is aweful in this game. You couldn't screw it up any much worse than they did!
Agreed, the few minor league stadiums they showed were really bland.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.