Home
OOTP 9 News Post

Out Of The Park Developments a few minutes ago announced the release of the latest game in their series, OOTP9. Here are the details.
Quote:
OK folks, the wait is over, OOTP 9 is live!

Here are the download links:

Instructions on how to install your pre-ordered license:

PC: Install the game, run it, and on the first dialog screen, click the 'License' button. Then, agree to the license terms, and on the next page enter your order ID which you got with your purchase confirmation, for example VT-12345678XY... that's it!

Mac: Install the game, and run it. On the entry screen, there is a button called 'License Game', click it! Then, enter your license code, for example OOTP9-XYZC-AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD

More detailed information can be found in the online manual!

That's it! Enjoy the game! A lot of people have put their heart and soul into this project. I would like to thank the entire beta team and the design team, they did a terrific job and I have no clue what we'd do without them. THANK YOU!

Best,
Markus + Andreas + Steve

Game: Out of the Park Baseball 9Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 7 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 caseyd @ 06/20/08 03:47 AM
When you get the main menu, there is an option for "New 2008 League Game." That will start with real rosters. As far as mods, there is a new feature called "Add-ons Central" on the Game menu. It will auto install the best mods. Very cool feature. The best site I've found (they have new photos, stadiums, logos, and uniforms for non-MLB leagues) is the one listed above (with sixwilsons in the path). PadresFan does awesome stuff along with some other guys. There is one in the Add-on Central called All-in-one mod. I'd suggest that.

As far as AVG, there is a way to fix the problem without uninstalling it and without leaving your c:\windows folder open to viruses. If you go into AVG, go to Tools, Advanced Settings, PUP Exceptions and add the folder where OOTP resides. Then go to Resident Shield, Advanced Settings, and just remove CPL from the always scan area. This way, you don't scan the one that's causing problems, but you don't have to leave your windows folder open to attack. It's a bug just in AVG 8.

# 22 Ben E Lou @ 06/20/08 10:07 AM
League Settings First Pass Posted...

LINK

# 23 Cubfan @ 06/21/08 04:29 AM
I like 8 i think im going to give 9 a try here shortly.

# 24 MachoMyers @ 06/21/08 11:56 AM
Anyone messed around with the fictional league that came prepackaged with the game? I saw that OOTP is now on Steam...I wish XFire would support it.

# 25 Ben E Lou @ 06/21/08 07:33 PM
I've created a 24-team Quickstart fictional league with my settings that improve statistical output, complete with fictional logos.

Download Quick-Start League Here

Here's the league structure...

EASTERN CIRCUIT

Northeastern Division Stadium Ovl Park Factor
Baltimore Blue Claws Ripken Field 0.937
Massachusetts Pilgrims Boston Field 0.967
New York Enforcers The Gotham Dome 1.015
Philadelphia Freedom Liberty Stadium 0.964
Toronto Fire Ontario Colosseum 0.995
Washington Federals National Stadium 1.017

Southeastern Division

Charlotte Cougars Ballpark Of Carolina 1.106
Georgia Rattlesnakes MLK Memorial Stadium 0.977
Havana Pirates Castro Field 1.004
Lowcountry Gators Ravenel Stadium 0.989
Nashville Hawks Hawk Field 0.984
Orlando Seminoles Disney Park 1.040

WESTERN CIRCUIT

Coastal Division

Los Angeles Whales LA County Stadium 1.058
Oakland Black Knights Oakland Park 1.012
San Diego Sunshine Sunshine Field 1.017
San Francisco Gold Rush The Gold Dome 1.046
Seattle Steelheads Gates Stadium 1.049
Vancouver Lumberjacks Lumberjack Field 0.961

Southwestern Division

Dallas Oil Kings Jock Ewing Stadium 1.019
Houston Lone Stars Lone Star Ballpark 0.964
Louisiana Crawfish The Crawfish Bowl 0.982
Mexico City Aztecs Aztec Stadium 0.984
Oklahoma City Tornado Tornado Alley 0.997
Phoenix Apaches The Hunting Grounds 0.967

# 26 zjl630 @ 06/21/08 11:02 PM
Can you buy a disc for the game?

# 27 TheLetterZ @ 06/21/08 11:44 PM
I'm collecting royalties on any use of the name Philadelphia Freedom.

# 28 LingeringRegime @ 06/21/08 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou
I've created a 24-team Quickstart fictional league with my settings that improve statistical output, complete with fictional logos.

Download Quick-Start League Here

Here's the league structure...

EASTERN CIRCUIT

Northeastern Division Stadium Ovl Park Factor
Baltimore Blue Claws Ripken Field 0.937
Massachusetts Pilgrims Boston Field 0.967
New York Enforcers The Gotham Dome 1.015
Philadelphia Freedom Liberty Stadium 0.964
Toronto Fire Ontario Colosseum 0.995
Washington Federals National Stadium 1.017

Southeastern Division

Charlotte Cougars Ballpark Of Carolina 1.106
Georgia Rattlesnakes MLK Memorial Stadium 0.977
Havana Pirates Castro Field 1.004
Lowcountry Gators Ravenel Stadium 0.989
Nashville Hawks Hawk Field 0.984
Orlando Seminoles Disney Park 1.040

WESTERN CIRCUIT

Coastal Division

Los Angeles Whales LA County Stadium 1.058
Oakland Black Knights Oakland Park 1.012
San Diego Sunshine Sunshine Field 1.017
San Francisco Gold Rush The Gold Dome 1.046
Seattle Steelheads Gates Stadium 1.049
Vancouver Lumberjacks Lumberjack Field 0.961

Southwestern Division

Dallas Oil Kings Jock Ewing Stadium 1.019
Houston Lone Stars Lone Star Ballpark 0.964
Louisiana Crawfish The Crawfish Bowl 0.982
Mexico City Aztecs Aztec Stadium 0.984
Oklahoma City Tornado Tornado Alley 0.997
Phoenix Apaches The Hunting Grounds 0.967
Great Stuff. Thanks for posting this!

# 29 Spear @ 06/22/08 12:16 AM
Does anybody have some tips for incorporating feeder leagues into a smaller league?

I have a fictional league of 8 teams, with a feeder College League of around 20 teams. I set in the options for my First Year Player Draft to only contain players from my feeder league. But no players are showing up at all in the draft pool.

# 30 MachoMyers @ 06/22/08 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
Great Stuff. Thanks for posting this!
Yeah, thanks.

Having a look right now.

# 31 LingeringRegime @ 06/22/08 05:17 PM
For some reason the quick start file is corrupt for me. Anyone else having this problem?

# 32 CMH @ 06/22/08 07:54 PM
Quote:
YP, I'm working on some nice settings to use for a fictional league.
I've seen your postings and I'm definitely going to look at this. Good stuff.

# 33 Spear @ 06/23/08 11:55 PM

# 34 Ben E Lou @ 06/24/08 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
For some reason the quick start file is corrupt for me. Anyone else having this problem?
Fixed. I'm a doofus. Same link.

# 35 LingeringRegime @ 06/25/08 05:35 AM
Quote:
Fixed. I'm a doofus. Same link.
Hmmm. Still having issues with this. I am using a Mac should that make a difference?

# 36 Ben E Lou @ 07/04/08 01:17 PM
I've re-packaged and made some tweaks to the Quick Start league. You can find the new version here:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=66223

# 37 Peji911 @ 07/07/08 10:49 PM
So, do you just download the game and buy it from there? Doesnt this open a greater chance to people just figuring out the code, punching it in, and cracking it?

Doesnt seem like good business.

Good game, though?

# 38 Ben E Lou @ 07/08/08 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
So, do you just download the game and buy it from there? Doesnt this open a greater chance to people just figuring out the code, punching it in, and cracking it?

Doesnt seem like good business.

Good game, though?
E-License distribution is outstanding. No waiting for the game to arrive at the store or in the mail, and no need to keep up with a CD. You download and purchase. And no, it's not bad business or terribly insecure. Every purchaser is given a unique license that is only valid for two machines at a time. Most purchasers install one on a home machine and one on laptop or work machine. (I travel some for work, so I have several E-Licensed games on my laptop for those evenings in hotel rooms.) So anyway, the most anyone could ever do would be to find one unique license. Sharing it would be useless, since every purchaser is using at least one of their two licenses, and most are using both.

Great game. It has just a few kinks that need to be worked out, but it's outstanding.

# 39 Ben E Lou @ 07/10/08 08:32 AM
More info on my Quick Start league...

NABA OVERVIEW

The North American Baseball Alliance is a ready-to-go Quick Start league with 24 teams, 2 leagues, 6 teams in each division. The idea behind it was to create a league with teams in relatively large cities in North America, with nicknames and logos that are tied in some way to the city, thus making them easier to associate. Here's the league structure, along with stadium info for the teams:

The "OVL" field in the table above represents the overall net effect of the park's factors, with the details out to the right. A value of 1.000 in OVL would correlate to a ballpark in which stats that are about average for the league are producted. Anything above 1.05, and that stadium will probably be a noticeable hitters' park. Anything below 0.95, and you're looking at a pitchers' park.

I'm not particularly good at unis, but here's a sampling.

EASTERN CIRCUIT, NORTHEAST DIVISION
(Baltimore Blue Claws, Massachusetts Pilgrims, New York Enforcers, Philadelphia Freedom, Toronto Fire, Washington Federals)

EASTERN CIRCUIT, SOUTHEAST DIVISION

(Charlotte Cougars, Georgia Rattlesnakes, Havan Pirates, Lowcountry Gators, Nashville Hawks, Orlando Seminoles)

WESTERN CIRCUIT, COASTAL DIVISION

(Los Angeles Whales, Oakland Black Knights, San Diego Sunshine, San Francisco Gold Rush, Seattle Steelheads, Vancouver Lumberjacks)

WESTERN CIRCUIT, SOUTHWEST DIVISION

(Dallas Oil Kings, Houston Lone Stars, Lousiana Crawfish, Mexico City Aztecs, Oklahoma City Tornado, Phoenix Apaches)

EXPANSION TEAMS AVAILABLE TO DATE

(Columbus Mudcats (SE DIVISION), Pittsburgh Coal Miners (NE DIVISON))

# 40 Chaos81 @ 07/16/08 02:24 AM
Well I've been wavering back and forth the last couple weeks on picking this up, but with the $10 discount, I went ahead and bought it tonight.

Other than the main OOTP site, are there any forums or websites I should keep up with? Any "must haves" that I need to download?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.