Home
News Post

2K Sports contacted us about the NBA 2K9 Features List and gave us an update. Just a few slight changes. Check it out and let us know your thoughts. We were promised a lot more information in the coming weeks, keep an eye out for it.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DC @ 07/18/08 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder

But I'm gonna guess that they're gonna give us the ability to take different characteristics of each players face/body and make our own with it, finally. (I see you DC!)
I hope thats what it is

# 22 trobinson97 @ 07/18/08 02:14 PM
5 on 5? That's a bet! Czar, MC, HMC let's get a squad going! Damn it's too bad Pared and Altimus are on Ps3 this year.

I like the announcement of the new commentary team, so glad they kept Kevin Harlan. Great news. I hope Adaptive AI works the way it sounds like it will. Here's hoping this is the best 2K yet. I can't wait.

# 23 LB23 @ 07/18/08 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
I wish they would have an actual model of Cheryl Miller on the sideline with a Mike in his hand.

Cheryl Miller is a WOMAN...
Reggie Miller's sister...

# 24 orrkl2002 @ 07/18/08 02:24 PM
Looks like someone at xbox.com got more than "hands off walkthrough" of the game.

# 25 Stumbleweed @ 07/18/08 02:26 PM
LOL @ LB23 not getting the joke

And yeah, this looks great. I'm especially excited for the 5-on-5, added online features (specifically an improved image/video capture system, which I hope includes snapshots that you can edit on your computer with PhotoShop), and the return of mid-air shot adjustments. 2KShare will be GREAT to finally have in an NBA game -- historic rosters, custom (correct!) roster updates, and multiple-season online leagues here we come.

Very excited already.

# 26 23 @ 07/18/08 02:28 PM
I hope they fix the commentary to be natural sounding like Live does instead of reading parts of a script. It just sounds so bland and as if the're uninterested.

You could even hire and add Tim Hardaway as the 3rd man for a 3 man booth.

# 27 bball_1523 @ 07/18/08 02:28 PM
what if they had 12 on 12, with every person controlling only one player. And some people don't ever get playing time. LOL

# 28 STLRams @ 07/18/08 02:29 PM
Ok, I'm kind of under a rock.. what is 2Kshare exactly and how those it work, and how does it help implement historic rosters?? I've heard of the feature before but didn't know what it did exactly.

# 29 DakkoN @ 07/18/08 02:33 PM
I've got to get my 360 fixed before this comes out...

# 30 23 @ 07/18/08 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
After he dissed gay people? I don't know if it's long enough for people to forget. I guess if 2K could get down with Don King and OJ and not worry about people getting stupid then Tim is light work.

Come on man, the way he studders, the broken insight, the inability to give his analysis orally as a pro commentator... what else could make it more sim

# 31 bizcanos @ 07/18/08 02:38 PM
The 5 on 5 is nice as well as the additions to the franchise mode. I would like to get in some 5 on 5 games w/some fellow OS'ers.

# 32 trobinson97 @ 07/18/08 02:52 PM
Man I am going nuts thinking about 5 on 5.

# 33 Vast @ 07/18/08 02:56 PM
Count me in for being hyped about 5 on 5! Graphics are looking sick btw. Hoping for more defense this time around.

# 34 orrkl2002 @ 07/18/08 02:57 PM
Jamal Mashburn or Tim Legler could be a great choice but I think Steven A. Smith needs to get some serious consideration in the future, It just doesnt sound right having a college commentator on a NBA game all of a sudden. If thats the case where is
Dickie V?

# 35 TMagic @ 07/18/08 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Man I am going nuts thinking about 5 on 5.
Same here man.

I'm just thinking how sweet it will be to have us sim heads playing as a team. Talking, communicating on defense and offense. Plays being run better. Better off ball movement. No worries about any A.I. shortcomings.

It will also be interesting to see if we have permanent teams being developed amongst ourselves. Maybe even some rivalries brewing between the different 5 on 5 squads from OS.

Damn. This should be fun.

# 36 Stumbleweed @ 07/18/08 03:02 PM
Yeah, I'm so hyped about 5-on-5. I still haven't gotten the chance to try it in Live, but this will be much better just because it's 2K haha.. I'd absolutely love trying to create opportunities off-ball or playing PG and setting everyone up. Player Lock PG is one of the funnest things in this game, and it'll be off-the-charts with 4 other simheads controlling my teammates.

# 37 trobinson97 @ 07/18/08 03:04 PM
Yeah, I know it's not going to go as smoothly as it's going in my head right now. There is always the problem of getting all 5 guys on at the same time, so it'll be pretty rare to see the same 5 guys every week I think. Then you gotta have 5 more to play against to get the full experience. So that's 10 guys who are on at the same time who all want to do the same thing, and be assigned roles on the team with little issues about it. If it's gonna get done anywhere, it's gonna be here but I can see how it's gonna get old trying to get everyone on when they are supposed to be. Still, I am very much looking forward to playing a few games this way.

# 38 23 @ 07/18/08 03:05 PM
Okay im down for the 5 on 5 games but im not on the 360. Us PS3 heads should still have a ball.

# 39 DC @ 07/18/08 03:25 PM
So if 5-on-5 is an option, 2K BETTER have the play diagram on the floor telling EVERYONE where to do

# 40 MakaveliLPC @ 07/18/08 03:27 PM
new create a player feature probably means they fixed the ugly rookies!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.