News Post

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 stephensonmc @ 08/22/08 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by İroke
Maybe this is not the thread to ask you stephen, but you've been very active here, so:

Is there any one handed pass in the game?

I don't know how to explain (my english is bad as hell ). Let's figure out. My PG is dribbling the ball with his right hand in the middle of the court. I want to pass the ball to a teammate in the right side of the court. Is there any animation where my PG passes the ball just with his right hand? Or will he catch the ball with both hands and pass it?

It's nothing, but i think it's very realistic, and more dynamic. The PG could pass the ball right after you press the button, instead of making the whole animation of catching the ball, bla bla bla...

Hope that you all understand, this is hard for me

---------------- Now playing: Slipknot - 'Til We Die (Bonus Track)
We do have one-handed bounce passes as far as I know. It's one of those things you don't really think about when playing, so let me double-check. I swear I've seen it a bunch, but I don't want to commit yet.

Your question has me second-guessing myself (life works that way usually). haha.

# 62 Pared @ 08/22/08 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
We do have one-handed bounce passes as far as I know. It's one of those things you don't really think about when playing, so let me double-check. I swear I've seen it a bunch, but I don't want to commit yet.

Your question has me second-guessing myself (life works that way usually). haha.
Yes, one handed bounce passes are there. I've seen them when attempting to feed a player the ball in the post.

# 63 videobastard @ 08/22/08 03:51 PM
Can we just get a cpu vs cpu on a higher difficulty. These videos are not being played right or on the right level.

# 64 younggrease @ 08/22/08 03:57 PM
you guys really need better dribbling animations and rim/net animations....The overall movement just looks off in comparison to 2k8...Its better then the last Live but the dribbling and shooting just looks off...

# 65 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/22/08 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
you guys really need better dribbling animations and rim/net animations....The overall movement just looks off in comparison to 2k8...Its better then the last Live but the dribbling and shooting just looks off...
maybe you haven't seen the video where B. Diddy is in it. His dribbling animation was the best I've seen so far.

As far as the net animation, I agree! NBA 09 has better net animation IMO.

# 66 XuanWu @ 08/22/08 10:43 PM
This is much improved for NBA Live. However, this game still looks absolutely ****e. The animations are still stiff and robotic and totally unrealistic. It still looks like everybody has relatively the same shot animations - no individualism. Score another one for 2K

# 67 ChaseB @ 08/23/08 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Hey guys, I'd like you to keep in mind (if you choose of course) that this was filmed at our EA SPORTS Studio Showcase last week. I was not there (and Chase can speak to it of course), but usually at conventions or media events like this, people are in a line and go one after the other. I'm sure Chase made no substitutions and if he was with one of our producers demoing (don't know if he was or not), then they are going through new things with the game and not really playing in the context of a true representation of NBA basketball.

I could be wrong here, but I just wanted to put some background behind this.

I'm talking to our production team right now, and we're going to try and get some gameplay with the two of them. Remember, now that code has been sent out as well, you'll start to see videos like this as well.
Ha still can't believe you thought it was me, I'm hurt.

# 68 bls @ 08/23/08 03:54 AM
Live 04/05 engine with the same collision detection?????

If so I think it'll turn out to be a great game. Those 2 years were the best and most fun to play of any others to me.

# 69 trobinson97 @ 08/23/08 10:06 AM
What the...

Lol I'm sorry that looked like...okay look, here's my thing with Live. It looks like a video game.

Yes, I know that's a duh statement, but what I am saying is, the ultimate basketball video game experience for me is to play a video game that looks like a real basketball game. I just do not like the look of Live. The models all look so thin, their movements are so stiff and herky jerky. Look at Odom's movements whenever he explodes out of the triple-threat. It doesn't look fluid at all. And what was that last shot? The guy shot and swished a three starting with his back to the basket. That was some old Double Dribble stuff.

I don't wanna turn it into that kind of thread, but the thing I love about that other game is exactly the opposite of what I am seeing in this one. From some earlier previews it looked almost like Live had stepped it up, and even though that might ultimately be true, this doesn't look like a big enough jump for me to consider purchasing over the other one. I just can't go back to play ball games that look like this.

# 70 bigeastbumrush @ 08/23/08 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
What the...

Lol I'm sorry that looked like...okay look, here's my thing with Live. It looks like a video game.

Yes, I know that's a duh statement, but what I am saying is, the ultimate basketball video game experience for me is to play a video game that looks like a real basketball game. I just do not like the look of Live. The models all look so thin, their movements are so stiff and herky jerky. Look at Odom's movements whenever he explodes out of the triple-threat. It doesn't look fluid at all. And what was that last shot? The guy shot and swished a three starting with his back to the basket. That was some old Double Dribble stuff.

I don't wanna turn it into that kind of thread, but the thing I love about that other game is exactly the opposite of what I am seeing in this one. From some earlier previews it looked almost like Live had stepped it up, and even though that might ultimately be true, this doesn't look like a big enough jump for me to consider purchasing over the other one. I just can't go back to play ball games that look like this.
some people say cucumbers taste better pickled...

# 71 -DaVe- @ 08/23/08 02:34 PM
I agree with one of the earlier posters.. ppl here are too easily pleased..

I'm not impressed one bit .....the game still looks weird . I just can't explaint it....the passes, the shooting forms, the player models are not done well...

And wassup with every player having huge sneakers? Looks weird

# 72 Muzyk23 @ 08/23/08 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
What the...

amen

# 73 Muzyk23 @ 08/23/08 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
I agree with one of the earlier posters.. ppl here are too easily pleased..

I'm not impressed one bit .....the game still looks weird . I just can't explaint it....the passes, the shooting forms, the player models are not done well...

And wassup with every player having huge sneakers? Looks weird
I can't get past the ball...it's damn too BIG

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.