Home
News Post

Patch #2 for NCAA Football 09 is available, post your impressions here.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 881 CFB10 @ 10/23/08 06:47 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to get some impressions or thoughts on any players that you guys may have noticed that have incorrect skin colors. We have already began correcting certain player skin tones that were incorrect last year. I will double check if anyone posts any info regarding skin tones to verify the posts are correct. I work at EA and will be helping out with rosters this year. No info/opinions will be used for player ratings etc, just incorrect skin tones only please. Thank you guys.

# 882 PVarck31 @ 10/23/08 09:10 PM
Just picked it up again, didn't get to play it with patch 2 before. My only question is. Why is this game so much better than Madden??

# 883 RAZRr1275 @ 10/23/08 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK330
Just picked it up again, didn't get to play it with patch 2 before. My only question is. Why is this game so much better than Madden??
Because madden is fairly boring to me. It's a good game but it looses it's lust really soon. NCAA has more lasting appeal.

# 884 Pared @ 10/24/08 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK330
That's really not saying much, IMO.

# 885 huskerfan4life @ 10/25/08 12:46 AM
will this patch automaticly update when i put the game in? I just fixed my internet connecto to get online with ps3, please qny help would be greatl appreciated

# 886 TheShizNo1 @ 10/25/08 01:09 AM
It should DL automatically. At least it does w/ the 360, I imagine it would w/ the PS3 also.

# 887 ehh @ 10/25/08 02:24 AM
Finally, about three months after it's release, I'm semi-enjoying a dynasty. I'm using Penn State on default varsity, just 5 min quarters, saying 'screw realistic stats' and I always control the team with the ball.

It allows me to use other teams besides PSU which should keep things fresh and it makes up for the CPU's awful play calling and the all around pathetic defense.

I'm 5-0 right now, had an insane game against Notre Dame which I won 27-26 on an FG as time expired. We'll see how long I carry this out for, but at least the game is holding my interest despite it's countless glaring flaws.

# 888 PVarck31 @ 10/25/08 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Finally, about three months after it's release, I'm semi-enjoying a dynasty. I'm using Penn State on default varsity, just 5 min quarters, saying 'screw realistic stats' and I always control the team with the ball.

It allows me to use other teams besides PSU which should keep things fresh and it makes up for the CPU's awful play calling and the all around pathetic defense.

I'm 5-0 right now, had an insane game against Notre Dame which I won 27-26 on an FG as time expired. We'll see how long I carry this out for, but at least the game is holding my interest despite it's countless glaring flaws.
I agree, Its holding my interest for now as well. I just played a game with Northwestern against Indiana. I throttled them 35-7. Sutton had 225 yards rushing, and it was just flat out fun. I hope it keeps my interest for a while.

# 889 prd689 @ 10/28/08 01:25 PM
How about the players leaving? Did something go wrong in patch #2 that now even after you convince people to stay they still leave? Fix it EA please. This might not mean much to a powerhouse school, but it does mean a lot to people who play with teams like RICE and SMU trying to build dynasties...OMT PLEASE RESPOND WITH SOMETHING!!!

# 890 rudyjuly2 @ 10/28/08 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prd689
How about the players leaving? Did something go wrong in patch #2 that now even after you convince people to stay they still leave? Fix it EA please. This might not mean much to a powerhouse school, but it does mean a lot to people who play with teams like RICE and SMU trying to build dynasties...OMT PLEASE RESPOND WITH SOMETHING!!!
While not 100% sure, I think this works fine in NCAA other than online dynasties. OD guys are screwed and this won't get fixed.

# 891 Herky @ 11/04/08 09:40 AM
Anyone still seeing a lot of INT's returned for TD's by the CPU after the patch? This isn't as bad as last year, but it's happening to me quite often. Probably 3 or 4 a season are taken back on me on a consistent basis.

Other than that I'm loving this game.

# 892 youALREADYknow @ 11/04/08 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
Anyone still seeing a lot of INT's returned for TD's by the CPU after the patch? This isn't as bad as last year, but it's happening to me quite often. Probably 3 or 4 a season are taken back on me on a consistent basis.

Other than that I'm loving this game.
Depending on the sliders, you can see anywhere from 5 to 20 def TD's per season. I think part of the problem is that most INT's happen on passes towards the sidelines so there is pretty much just open field in front of the defender who gets the INT.

# 893 JAYMO76 @ 11/07/08 01:39 AM
Yeah, int's continue to be far too frequent as many of them are "pick six" moments. Though I really enjoy the game my main issue is still the complete lack of pass rush. I average one sack a game (I play on AA). Without much of a pass rush it can become very frustrating... Oh well... at least playing offense is a blast!

# 894 PSUFreak083 @ 11/09/08 10:24 AM
how do i know if i downloaded the patch or not

# 895 rudyjuly2 @ 11/10/08 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUFreak083
how do i know if i downloaded the patch or not
I think if you check the saved game utility, the version will be 1.20 if you have the patch.

# 896 PSUFreak083 @ 11/10/08 01:20 PM
what do you mean by the saved game utility

# 897 mercalnd @ 11/10/08 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUFreak083
what do you mean by the saved game utility
Actually he should have said "Game Data" utility. It's in the XMB in the games section, just above the "Saved Data" utility. basically the "Saved Data" utility allows you tpo view all your game saves and the "Game Data" utility allows you to see all the installed content for your games which includes patches.

Highlighting te NCAA 09 entry in the "Game Data" utility and pressing triangle will allow you to view the information related to the selected title, including the version #. For NCAA 09 with both patches, the version # will be 1.20.

# 898 TrevJo @ 11/18/08 02:01 PM
Patch smatch.
The EA servers still drop me every time I play an online game.
I never lose my Xbox Live connection, it's always EA.

Your servers are GARBAGE!

# 899 superjames1992 @ 11/20/08 12:17 AM
As a guy who didn't like 08, I'm actually thinking about picking this up now. I've started to grow a bit tired of 07 last-gen and really want some updated rosters. Plus, passing was so easy on 07 IMO. I would buy 09 last-gen, but I have an Xbox and don't have a PS2 and that game was only made for PS2 unfortunately. I'm in sort of a dilemma, but I think I may pick it up. I was scared to death to buy this game after all the negative reviews early on, but now that the patch has been released, it seems better.

# 900 rudyjuly2 @ 11/20/08 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
As a guy who didn't like 08, I'm actually thinking about picking this up now. I've started to grow a bit tired of 07 last-gen and really want some updated rosters. Plus, passing was so easy on 07 IMO. I would buy 09 last-gen, but I have an Xbox and don't have a PS2 and that game was only made for PS2 unfortunately. I'm in sort of a dilemma, but I think I may pick it up. I was scared to death to buy this game after all the negative reviews early on, but now that the patch has been released, it seems better.
Don't let the early reviews taint you superjames. Rent the game and see for yourself. You will find yourself tweaking sliders as there are issues with the game that are more problematic on default (terrible cpu running game, overly accurate QBs, a lack of WR drops and overly good pass protection) but the game is fun and fills my needs very well. It's a definite upgrade from '08 last year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.