Home
News Post

IGN has posted a Q&A with Gareth Reeder, Producer of NBA Live 09.

Quote:
IGN: "How are hot and cold streaks decided?"

Gareth Reeder: "There are actually two different streak values we look at from Synergy Sports Technology. The first is your traditional "shot" streak; if a player shot better than he usually does during that game, then he will be hot in the game. This is most determined by the player's shooting percentage, but also takes into account his position and other factors."

Update: We've just uploaded the NBA Rewind Producer tutorial video.

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Haval93 @ 09/03/08 09:03 PM
Very nice video can't wait for the demo...Can't wait to use Kobe Bryant, D.Fisher, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum...Lets just say the entire team...

# 22 23bluesman @ 09/03/08 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
Very nice video can't wait for the demo...Can't wait to use Kobe Bryant, D.Fisher, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum...Lets just say the entire team...
Same here man, I only play as the LakeShow and I'm really excited for this game, esp with the pick n' roll control. Plus it's gonna be lights out at Staples!

# 23 bigeastbumrush @ 09/03/08 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
lol. don't hate on garreth. he's like a mini-KG/Kevin Mchale during our lunch runs.
Patrick Ewing would be proud.

# 24 bateman11 @ 09/03/08 09:16 PM
No joke guys. Triangle all day

# 25 SageInfinite @ 09/03/08 09:19 PM
1 thing I just noticed on the Kobe 360 dunk. Dampier went up for the block and realized he couldn't block it so to avoid the foul call he put his hands down. It's about time EA started adding the little things. They really add to replay value and realism.

# 26 23bluesman @ 09/03/08 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
1 thing I just noticed on the Kobe 360 dunk. Dampier went up for the block and realized he couldn't block it so to avoid the foul call he put his hands down. It's about time EA started adding the little things. They really add to replay value and realism.
Yeah, noticed that too. Even in the last vid (quickstrike + lockdown), when Baron Davis crossed his guy up on the baseline and dunked the ball, the help defender (can't remember who he was) jumped to challenge the dunk but then put his hands down at the last second. Nice little animation.

# 27 SageInfinite @ 09/03/08 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bluesman
Yeah, noticed that too. Even in the last vid (quickstrike + lockdown), when Baron Davis crossed his guy up on the baseline and dunked the ball, the help defender (can't remember who he was) jumped to challenge the dunk but then put his hands down at the last second. Nice little animation.
You know I didn't even notice because I actually watched this video in slow motion. I think I'm going to look at the other ones in slow mo too.

# 28 blackngoldfan @ 09/03/08 10:30 PM
At 0:42, Steve Nash took a jumper and Chris Paul jumped, but didn't extend to avoid a touch foul. Pretty nice. I'm glad to see that it's not done only on dunks.

# 29 ThaGenecyst @ 09/03/08 11:24 PM
Quote:
lol. don't hate on garreth. he's like a mini-KG/Kevin Mchale during our lunch runs.
*sniffs*

I remember when you used to make jokes like this for "us"...

Why can't things to back to how they were??

# 30 Beluba @ 09/04/08 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
*sniffs*

I remember when you used to make jokes like this for "us"...

Why can't things to back to how they were??
One day my master plan will be unveiled and you will be happy this all went down.

# 31 23 @ 09/04/08 12:39 AM
Does that mean you're ready to tell us about the demo now??

# 32 Monta8 @ 09/04/08 08:09 AM
Rewind is a just another pointless feature. WTF cares?

# 33 kwas676 @ 09/04/08 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeffd
Rewind is a just another pointless feature. WTF cares?
I actually like it a sports game can never have enough modes

# 34 Pared @ 09/04/08 12:40 PM
Quote:
lol Garreth is actually pretty cool... but I hope he doesn't travel like that during the lunch runs!

# 35 Beluba @ 09/04/08 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
lol Garreth is actually pretty cool... but I hope he doesn't travel like that during the lunch runs!
The pullup J isn't really his shot. He had one of the best blocks I've ever seen in a pickup game the other day though. Pinned the dude's baseline layup against the glass. It was nasty.

# 36 Da_Czar @ 09/04/08 06:53 PM
If I ever make it up there I will be camped out by the court eagerly awaiting the lunch time game !!! lol sounds cool that yall ball on breaks sometime...

# 37 23 @ 09/04/08 08:32 PM
How long do you guys get for breaks...lol

Can I work there too

# 38 luv_mist @ 09/10/08 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
How long do you guys get for breaks...lol

Can I work there too
Think that's a no.......

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.