Home
News Post

EA Sports have posted another NBA Live 09 Producer blog.

Quote:
"We were a little surprised when there was a BIG announcement from a competitor saying that they were going to have 'the human touch' - basically someone who will be updating the rosters, stats and ratings whenever it was felt it was meaningful to do so. There's just no way any one person, or even a team of people, could possibly keep up with the quality of data that Synergy are producing. It's one person with a pad and paper versus an entire team using the best technology ever created for this, no comparison. Needless to say, we were very confident that there was going to be nothing close to something that could compare in any meaningful way to Dynamic DNA."

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jmood88 @ 10/01/08 10:33 AM
You can hype up your game without talking **** about another game.

# 22 23 @ 10/01/08 11:19 AM
Im going to ask you guys to stop injecting political talk into the conversation

# 23 Tomba @ 10/01/08 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

His focus on automation over subjectivity takes the human element out of these games. If someone feels that Kobe drives too much in the video game but mathematically he drives 51% compared to 49%... technically, he's driving the appropriate amount of times. But the human element is still key in perception.
Hey I thought you didn't defend us editors!

# 24 Pared @ 10/01/08 11:29 AM
If it came down to automation vs. human touch... one or the other not a collaboration of both... I'd take a human touch every time.

There's only so much you can achieve with statistics.

Still, it's a step in the right direction that is needed with Live. I can't stress that enough.

# 25 Tomba @ 10/01/08 11:38 AM
Quote:
If it came down to automation vs. human touch... one or the other not a collaboration of both... I'd take a human touch every time.

There's only so much you can achieve with statistics.

Still, it's a step in the right direction that is needed with Live. I can't stress that enough.
I absolutely love the concept of it and the fact that it's being implemented.

The blog was actually just a guy talking(like us) about what he and his team are doing in a open way. I mean I can hype up my last years rosters and edits as well. had about over 5000 downloads etc but it's just that i don't advertise. In a forum or a blog you can kinda write freely (ex:"I pwn u newbs"),but it wasn't all that crazy. he said 'competitor" not "2ksports funny guy trying to make game" right.

# 26 Pared @ 10/01/08 11:58 AM
lol We can all read between the lines.

# 27 Glenn33 @ 10/01/08 12:01 PM
Quote:
Aw C'mon Pared! The computers are right all the time! I mean look at the BCS - that's a great example! They never .....

On second thought - never mind!

# 28 Pared @ 10/01/08 12:04 PM
Give me a real college playoff system and quit bending the little schools over the table!

# 29 slvicick @ 10/01/08 12:14 PM
Until we get into the season and see how the updates effect gameplay all this talking bout "ours is better" needs to quit.

# 30 Glenn33 @ 10/01/08 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvicick
Until we get into the season and see how the updates effect gameplay all this talking bout "ours is better" needs to quit.
But what else we gonna talk about the next few weeks?

# 31 Goffs @ 10/01/08 12:43 PM
certainly not the mets...i kid...i kid...lol

# 32 Glenn33 @ 10/01/08 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
certainly not the mets...i kid...i kid...lol
OUCH......That hurts bro! You cut me deep.

# 33 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/01/08 02:37 PM
I wanna know one thing, will the Synergy Sports updates still work beyond this year with 2009, like if we don;t wanna but LIVE 2010, will 2009 still get the updates?

# 34 Pared @ 10/01/08 02:39 PM
No. This season only.

And this year it's being paid for by T-Mobile. What happens next year is up in the air.

# 35 Stumbleweed @ 10/01/08 02:42 PM
I agree that Synergy is the more promising system. The implementation is what I'm worried about, if anything. I'm sure that I'll be happy with both simply because the rosters will be updated regularly, but I REALLY love having all that Synergy data at my fingertips just as a basketball fan and stat nerd. Far superior to having some dude's opinion about Amare's rebounding improvement causing a 2 point bump IMO.. I know that sounds dismissive of the 2K Insider, but that's more or less what it is. I like having the data myself, so if I really don't like the algorithms that they're using or whatever, I can edit ratings myself as I see fit based on that incredible data available.

2K Share makes the whole thing a lot better though, because we'll have some serious roster edits to share with eachother if we aren't satisfied with the 2K Insider. Glad that option is in.

EDIT: To be clear, EA has a 5-year agreement with Synergy. I don't think the lack of a corporate sponsor would kill that off unless they're literally using that money to pay for the agreement with Synergy and don't have another source for it... Good thought to mention that though, Pared. Heh, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot on new sales if they kept updating Live 09 with 09-10 season stats.

# 36 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/01/08 02:50 PM
Quote:
No. This season only.

And this year it's being paid for by T-Mobile. What happens next year is up in the air.
This is some funny stuff now that I;m looking at it......... You T-Moile is paying for it, and NBA2k using all the T-Mobile adds and extras in their game, and NBA2k9 has the NBA.com in there game, but on the NBA.com website there doing the little LIVE thing with the season previews, funny.

# 37 stephensonmc @ 10/01/08 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
This is some funny stuff now that I;m looking at it......... You T-Moile is paying for it, and NBA2k using all the T-Mobile adds and extras in their game, and NBA2k9 has the NBA.com in there game, but on the NBA.com website there doing the little LIVE thing with the season previews, funny.
We also take our NBA LIVE hot spots from NBA.com as well

I just want to touch on a few things guys...

Sean didn't mean any harm by his comments. I think the important thing to take from this is how serious we are about Synergy and NBA LIVE 365. We truly think it's going to change the way sports video games are made. I keep seeing people say that we are talking about it alot -- we hope that in reflection, you'll understand why we kept stressing the importance of our partnership.

Also, I want to let you guys know who are worried that too much will be taken from "last night" and not from what's ahead. Guys, it's not like if Lebron has a bad game, he'll be bad in the game the next day. Synergy tracks tendencies and hot / cold streaks. That gets implemented directly into the game and you see, over time, an increase or decrease in performance.

I think part of the reason why we keep coming out with Synergy information is because we see alot of assumptions being made, and because this is so important to us, we want to clear up those assumptions.

Anyway, for those who spent time at the NCAA Basketball 09 community event, you already know what Sean O'Brien is like. As we move forward, I think the takeaway from this blog should be that Sean is an incredibly passionate person and someone who loves basketball and authenticity and wants our game to mimic that same level.

# 38 Bornindamecca @ 10/01/08 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Sean didn't mean any harm by his comments.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the only harm was done to his fellow NBA Live developers. Despite having an inferior game for years, I give Live a fair shake with every new iteration. EA's marketing has done things that no developer should be blamed for, but when a producer puts out a blog like this, he makes it hard to separate marketing and development, because they appear like minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Anyway, for those who spent time at the NCAA Basketball 09 community event, you already know what Sean O'Brien is like.
Let's not get into what this man is really like. His mother and best friend know what he's really like. That's not our role. Our role is to deal with him as a professional, and as such he has conducted himself without class.

Just for once, take the high road. Shock us all. Take the high road and make a great game, rather than talking crap and putting out a mediocre product.

# 39 Glenn33 @ 10/01/08 05:26 PM
Dang Bornindamecca...why so serious?

# 40 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/01/08 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Dang Bornindamecca...why so serious?
Every has there own opinion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.