Home
News Post

If you have the PC version of NBA 2K9, please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 djaysweet @ 10/25/08 01:36 PM
AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4 - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized .I installed this patch from amd.com and it seem to help me with those jitters.might help if you if u have and cpu

# 82 tril @ 10/26/08 12:42 AM
Ive played about 5 games so far in Association. I havent tweaked the sliders or anything. Ive been playing on Pro level with 5 minute quarters.

my results so far:
1st: the graphics and presentation are simply amazing. I want to get a monitor with better resolution to really see how this game looks. Currently I run the game on 1280* and even then the game is beautiful to look at.

I havent experienced any lag what so ever. I have 3GB of RAM on my box and the pc runs at 3.4mhz.

with the sliders unchanged:
Im shooting about 48%, my opponents shoot at about 55% but thats because I suck on defense so far.
average 20 minute score I average 47 points the opponents have scored anywhere between 45-60 points in 20 minutes.

steals in 20 minutes are about 4-6 for me and the opponents.

Blocks are a bit high for team omputer controlled teams. they average about 8 blocks in 20 minutes. I average about 2.
with Blocking its all about timing. Ive noticed that players react to the ball differently when going up for a block. I get called for more fouls than anything.

scoring in the paint is a bit to easy on the default settings. Midrange and long range shooting are spot on so far. Ray Allen is currently shooting the 3 at a 38% clip.

stealing the ball can be a bit tricky. reach to much on a good ball handler and he seems to go right past you. It all about positioning the body on the defender.
bigger players are slower to react to everything.

Both teams tend to take a lot of shots. It doesnt seem that way but when you analyze the box scores the # of shots seem to be a bit high. In 20 minutes Im taking about 50 shots and the CP is in the same ball park(maybe someone can tell me what teh average # of shots in an NBA game is)

If you were to tweak any of the sliders it would be
inside scoring: Id lower that setting
steals setting: maybe lower it
fouls: Id up the fouls
Fatigue:Id up the fatigue.
Speed: for true sim players maybe lower the speed of the game so less shots could be taken. However the pace of the game is spot on.

Im still getting used to the controllers, but so far this is what I have noticed. This is the toughest part.

Ill eventually up the gameplay level.

Currently Im 0-4 with a fantasy drafted team.

again this game is simply beautiful to look at.

# 83 jesslapidjr @ 10/29/08 04:25 AM
my setup is a 2.66ghz c2d, 8600gts, 2gb ram attatched on a 720p lcdhdtv. will it run on 1366X768 resolution? because this is the max resolution of my monitor, my max resolution on fifa 09 is 1024x786 and it sucks. hope you guys could test it. thanks

# 84 tril @ 10/29/08 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslapidjr
my setup is a 2.66ghz c2d, 8600gts, 2gb ram attatched on a 720p lcdhdtv. will it run on 1366X768 resolution? because this is the max resolution of my monitor, my max resolution on fifa 09 is 1024x786 and it sucks. hope you guys could test it. thanks
if you have a lcd/hdtv attached to your pc then you should be able to get higher resolution. so I suggest checking your video card, or change the resolution settings on the video card. I have the same video card as you. Im running my game on a 1280 setting and it looks great. I want to get an HD monitor so I could max this game out.

# 85 geneyess @ 10/29/08 02:25 PM
I love 2k on my pc, I use a logitech dual action controller and it works to perfection. I only have 3 minor q's with this game.

1.) Is there a way to view replays in slow motion? I've been a follower since dreamcast and it's always been the L + R triggers, but my gamepad doesn't have triggers-- it has buttons. Is there a way to map it to use the right thumbstick to control replay speed?

2.) Can someone list the controls for ps3, I don't have consoles but will be playing against my cousins/friends on ps3 in a tournament this christmas. I want to be familiar with the ps3 controls for the most part so I can destroy my cousins this christmas. Before anyone ask, I'd get a console if I was home enough to play it, I play this game on my laptop with an 8600M GT.

Also does anyone (w/ an 8 series) know if this game runs better with vista or xp. I always run xp but was considering vista if this game works better. My laptop only lags at the arena shots at the beginning and end of a game on 720p @ ultra high under xp (crowd set to med.)

# 86 jfindon @ 10/29/08 04:22 PM
It's only garbage if you have no clue how to use computers.

# 87 calfcramp!!! @ 10/29/08 08:44 PM
Actually it is garbage.Microsoft themselves in a interview with steve ballmer admitted it.It is a 6 billion dollar failure.The only people that really use it are business's and thats because they have no choice.Windows 7 is already in pre-beta and I am sure you have heard its do out late 09-10.Check the cover of last months maximum pc.

Craig

# 88 geneyess @ 10/30/08 01:45 AM
i'm a replay fanatic. how do u control the speed of replays? I have a logitech dual action controller so I can't use the triggers because the gamepad doesn't have any. does anyone know where a config file is? i want to figure out how to control the speed using the right thumb stick (only logical control i could think of). this game is the definition of eye candy.

# 89 Goffs @ 10/31/08 06:18 AM
hey..do the PC version have the same sound problems as the xbox version? with the crowd noise just cutting off rather than gradually getting quiet?

# 90 geneyess @ 11/01/08 05:55 PM
yes go to options >> controler >> at the bottom make sure the buttons are in order from 1 to 4. then change go thru offense, defense, etc. making sure that they are all in order. when i first got nba 2k9 direct passing was all f&@* up. now pressing 1 actually passes to 1 instead of the player w/ 3 over his head. can some one please answer my question above ^ ?

# 91 carturbo @ 01/02/09 11:03 AM
I just bought NBA 2K9 for my computer and so far I really enjoy the games,I would love it even better if there was a way to edit. I have the nvidia GeForce 8400 GS graphics card for now but I am looking for a better one. My Grade B+

# 92 WTF @ 01/02/09 11:13 AM
What do you mean a way to edit? We've been editing the game for quite some time. Cyberfaces, Jerseys, Shoes, stadiums/dornas, etc.

# 93 RGmoney @ 01/02/09 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carturbo
I just bought NBA 2K9 for my computer and so far I really enjoy the games,I would love it even better if there was a way to edit. I have the nvidia GeForce 8400 GS graphics card for now but I am looking for a better one. My Grade B+
As WTF posted, mods are be made for this game every day. If you are looking for them:

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=105

# 94 carturbo @ 01/02/09 01:14 PM
Thanks alot I will try them, I'm really looking for one that will edit the age it's hard playing a francise knowing that your 71 year old guard will retire at seasons end.

# 95 WTF @ 01/02/09 01:30 PM
Thus far I don't think that there is anything that we can do to prevent that. The only roster editor won't let you change the age. Possibly a hex editor will come out that we can do so.

# 96 carturbo @ 01/03/09 10:50 AM
Thanks again, That will be great if or when it happens. Other then that I really enjoy the game beats NBA live hands down.

# 97 mt2 @ 04/29/09 09:40 AM
guys, does nba2k9 works normally under Windows 7 x64?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.