Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Bloomberg has the details. Who do you want to see on the cover?

Quote:
"Peter Moore, president of video game-maker EA Sports, said discussions are taking place within his company that could have the front cover of its biggest-selling ``Madden NFL'' football game sold to the highest bidder, with all proceeds going to the United Way, the NFL's charity partner."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 c dizzy m baby @ 03/27/09 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Dear EA,

Please put Al Davis on the cover for the sake of us Raider fans. I know thats mean to wish something ill on Davis, but damn, he's lived a full life, and I wanna see my Raiders become winners again.
I hope you are saying that as a joke, if not you shouldn't be allowed to watch football. Al Davis has forgotten more about football than you will ever know, and still knows more than ANYONE on these boards. I'd welcome Al Davis on the cover as an honor to one of the greatest legends in football, not wish any ill will upon him. You need to gain a sense of history and respect.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-icon?MSNHPHMA

# 22 PGaither84 @ 03/27/09 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroehmerbasebal
My bet would be Clinton Portis.
Which would be the best picture?

# 23 PGaither84 @ 03/27/09 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
I hope you are saying that as a joke, if not you shouldn't be allowed to watch football. Al Davis has forgotten more about football than you will ever know, and still knows more than ANYONE on these boards. I'd welcome Al Davis on the cover as an honor to one of the greatest legends in football, not wish any ill will upon him. You need to gain a sense of history and respect.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-icon?MSNHPHMA
To be fair i think you should also get a sense of current events. Al Davis is the the HOF becasue of all the great things he has done for this league. he is oen of the greats of the NFL. He HAS forgotten more about football than we know. That's the problem though. he has FORGOTTEN about football. He tried to buy a superbowl ring in 2002 and that failed and now he is payignthe price.

Scooping up Warren Sapp past his prime, trading a number one pick and a solid linebacker for Randy Moss, who didn't want ot be a Raider, only to trade him away fora #4 pick to one of the few teams who could ABUSE him and they went 18-1 and were he best offense EVER with him [second best ofense ALSO had him in 98], then they draft based off of NAME and not NEED.

Michael Huff over Matt Leinart? On draft Day the raiders needed a QB and Matt is just the kind they could have used. His solution was J****ssell, and we can all guess how that is going to turn out. next, becasue we are on a defensive mind set in Oakland at this point, the one glaring weakness is the lack of a solid DT. Glenn Dorsey is sitting right in front of them and the Raiders, who are PACKED with running backs choose Run DMC. McFadden is great but NOt what would have shored up that defense and had that team set for years. [Best CB, two great young LBs a great DE that could have been helped by Dorsey adn they drafted Huff as thier Safty adn bought Gabril Wilson to help]

Not to mention the TERRIBLE job Davis is doing with coaching staffs. Things are so disfuntional that nobody wants to be a raider, not even many raider fans and they are the die hards.

Davis is destroyign his own franchise and everyone can seee it. he is letting his past sucesses blind his future decisions. he wants to win today [which he isn't] with no regard to the road ahead. In the end he isn't gettign any results in the short term o the long term and is only sinking his team deeper and deeper.

EDIT: And this is comming from a 49ers fan!

# 24 Outkizast @ 03/27/09 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
To be fair i think you should also get a sense of current events. Al Davis is the the HOF becasue of all the great things he has done for this league. he is oen of the greats of the NFL. He HAS forgotten more about football than we know. That's the problem though. he has FORGOTTEN about football. He tried to buy a superbowl ring in 2002 and that failed and now he is payignthe price.

Scooping up Warren Sapp past his prime, trading a number one pick and a solid linebacker for Randy Moss, who didn't want ot be a Raider, only to trade him away fora #4 pick to one of the few teams who could ABUSE him and they went 18-1 and were he best offense EVER with him [second best ofense ALSO had him in 98], then they draft based off of NAME and not NEED.

Michael Huff over Matt Leinart? On draft Day the raiders needed a QB and Matt is just the kind they could have used. His solution was J****ssell, and we can all guess how that is going to turn out. next, becasue we are on a defensive mind set in Oakland at this point, the one glaring weakness is the lack of a solid DT. Glenn Dorsey is sitting right in front of them and the Raiders, who are PACKED with running backs choose Run DMC. McFadden is great but NOt what would have shored up that defense and had that team set for years. [Best CB, two great young LBs a great DE that could have been helped by Dorsey adn they drafted Huff as thier Safty adn bought Gabril Wilson to help]

Not to mention the TERRIBLE job Davis is doing with coaching staffs. Things are so disfuntional that nobody wants to be a raider, not even many raider fans and they are the die hards.

Davis is destroyign his own franchise and everyone can seee it. he is letting his past sucesses blind his future decisions. he wants to win today [which he isn't] with no regard to the road ahead. In the end he isn't gettign any results in the short term o the long term and is only sinking his team deeper and deeper.

ouch... i would be pissed at you for saying all this stuff.... if it weren't all true.....

# 25 c dizzy m baby @ 03/27/09 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
ouch... i would be pissed at you for saying all this stuff.... if it weren't all true.....
It's not. To quote the article I posted, "As the Raiders have had six consecutive losing seasons, it's become fashionable to lampoon him.."

As a Raiders fan I'd hope you'd know better.

But the last thing I'm going to do is defend Davis to anyone on this board, it is too much work, as it has become "fact" to the casual NFL fan that "Davis is the reason the Raiders suck... blah blah".

And frankly if you were going to choose to bash Mr. Davis Gaither, I'd hope you could have brought up stronger points than those....

# 26 SouthernBrick @ 03/27/09 05:34 AM
My bet would be Jones drew possibly and as much as i hate to say it T.O....

Ya'll already know them famous words

"I love me some me" so why wouldn't he try in put himself on the cover, I can see him doin it.

# 27 mastershake88 @ 03/27/09 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Ray Lewis was featured before......I believe Madden 2005?
Just don't put any Browns on the cover. We're cursed enough!
lol that won't make that championship come any faster or any slower.

# 28 monkeybutlerz @ 03/27/09 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

Matt Leinart hasn't exactly proven anything either. I actually thought Huff was the safer choice (but neither as safe as Haloti Ngata, but I can't complain about them passing on him ). I think McFadden has bust written all over him, he couldn't make defenders miss 1 on 1 in the open field last year, but it may have been a product of his toe injuries, so I'm still reserving judgement (although it doesn't sound like I am).

I think he puts too much emphasis on speed in his drafting, but it used to really pay off for him when he had great teams in the past. It could be bad luck or it could be that his old recipe for success no longer applies.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.