Home
News Post

Czar brings you Czarisode 5: Rewind That DNA. Where he looks into the highly touted DNA and Rewind features of NBA Live 09 and lets you know how he feels about it.

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Da_Czar @ 10/29/08 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Great post Czar
Thanks vision. I have not played a lot of fast breaking teams as of yet but if it is as you say then dna probably won't fix that as far as having a whole team take quicker shots. Probably a next year addition would be more team individuality as far as tempo goes. Like what we see them adding for ncaabb09. not as drastic but something like team sliders in 2k for more tempo related stuff.

# 22 23 @ 10/29/08 02:25 PM
How about you make your own video then

# 23 bls @ 10/29/08 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Thanks Pared. Good point. like you said I have not seen a ton of it but there are instances where something like that happens. In this game in 48 mintutes of gameplay I think there may be 2 other headscratcher moments. I'll take that....

Truthfully I thought they were going to mess this up and the game would be a robotic mess as far as slavishly obeying the tendencies.
Thing about it is, some people just don't want something crazy to happen in a videogame, when in actuality, some of those crazy things happen in real life. For example, there been times when I heard a commentator say, well he was wide open he should have taken that shot. Could have been a vast number of reasons as to why he didn't (Not a good shooter, missed too many already and doesn't feel confident and in certain situations may not even realize he had an open shot). But if this same thing happens in a videogame then it broken or glitched, whatever you want to call it.

It's either one way or the other. You hear people say well the AI is too easy, so the following year they fix it so it's harder. Then you have people complaining about the AI is too hard, it cheats. When the truth of the matter is, they'll NEVER get CPU AI too duplicate what would happen in real life in any game and the day they do will be the day you won't see me playing these games.

# 24 Pared @ 10/29/08 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
How about you make your own video then
lol Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Thing about it is, some people just don't want something crazy to happen in a videogame, when in actuality, some of those crazy things happen in real life. For example, there been times when I heard a commentator say, well he was wide open he should have taken that shot. Could have been a vast number of reasons as to why he didn't (Not a good shooter, missed too many already and doesn't feel confident and in certain situations may not even realize he had an open shot). But if this same thing happens in a videogame then it broken or glitched, whatever you want to call it.

It's either one way or the other. You hear people say well the AI is too easy, so the following year they fix it so it's harder. Then you have people complaining about the AI is too hard, it cheats. When the truth of the matter is, they'll NEVER get CPU AI too duplicate what would happen in real life in any game and the day they do will be the day you won't see me playing these games.
Easy partner. No need to defend every little thing.

Much of what you say is true but it's not even the fact that it is Varejao who did this, a player who is well known for being reckless and attacking the basket like a fat kid on cake. It's more so about that it's a recurring thing where you'll see players take that step, pull up, and then pass out, without any defense on them.

# 25 Steve_OS @ 10/29/08 03:18 PM
Which way did he go George?

If ya look carefully in the darkness here...

# 26 23 @ 10/29/08 03:23 PM
LOL, yeah what was up with the lights going 75% dim

# 27 Solid-Bri @ 10/29/08 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
But we KNOW they don't have to scrap everything and start over... that is what made 2k what it is. constant refining rather than rebuilding.
Well put. That's my hope for this series... That it'll just continue to improve and expand upon the foundation that's been laid here. There's no need to blow anything up or re-invent the gameplay or anything along those lines. Just take the solid base you've established, tweak it here and there and make improvements where necessary. Live '10 is gonna be even better, I have no doubt.

# 28 Da_Czar @ 10/29/08 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Which way did he go George?

If ya look carefully in the darkness here...

HAha BIG STEVE I know all my fellow video capturers out there know about what happens when your recording a game and forget to hit the controller in time....I was like I'm not re-recording the whole game because of 30 seconds of dark screen... LOL

I knew you could appreciate that one Steve !!!

# 29 Da_Czar @ 10/29/08 04:05 PM
Quote:
LOL, yeah what was up with the lights going 75% dim
I had lemons and made lemonade

# 30 Da_Czar @ 10/29/08 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
LMAO.

Oh ... do the Raptors next Czar.
Do you mind me talking about Bosh ????

# 31 23 @ 10/29/08 05:09 PM
No thing sir, I think your point was well taken

# 32 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/29/08 05:51 PM
The play calling and spacing are making this me love this so much more than I thought I was. Penetration and dish is such a big part of basketball from the rec leagues, jr high, high school, college and pros. I think this game replicates this to the fullest.

Even when I'm on D and Kobe, TMac or a guard penetrates and I stop him cold from getting in the lane only to see him pass to the wing to a spot up shooter. I say to myself "ok you got me, nice, that was nice." I have no problem with it, and to get joy out of getting beat stopping it and still getting beat only in a different was is SOOO rewarding.

EA really did a good job with the way this game is played. I think I may have been the only one to notice this but, having LJames get one dunk the entire game means so much.

Great job EA. Only if we could get them to do the same with there football games. Oh sorry... we'll save that for another Jerry Springer Show.

# 33 cdp39940 @ 10/30/08 07:49 PM
Let me ask you guys something. How many of you sit and just play exhibition games????

Most people I know play online or dynastys

So why in ****s name would DNA matter?

If you're playing online, they don't care if Lebron isolated 40%, because they going to isolate 75% and try to dunk

If you're playing in your Dynasty, all these DNA updates don't affect you

Rewind and DNA ONLY matter in exhibition games. When I could play exhibition against a friend, dynasty, and online, why in the hell would I play the CPU in exhibition mode just to relive games?

This is a good example of how EA uses features to brainwash people into thinking EA is somehow innovative. Roster updates and DNA is cool to have, but they really only matter when you're starting a new dynasty or playing exhibition games. So this REWIND feature is not only lame, but highly overrated.

You're basically getting a scripted NBA simulaion but ONLY IN EXHIBITION against the CPU...GAY

# 34 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/30/08 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp39940
Let me ask you guys something. How many of you sit and just play exhibition games????

If you're playing online, they don't care if Lebron isolated 40%, because they going to isolate 75% and try to dunk

Rewind and DNA ONLY matter in exhibition games. When I could play exhibition against a friend, dynasty, and online, why in the hell would I play the CPU in exhibition mode just to relive games?

This is a good example of how EA uses features to brainwash people into thinking EA is somehow innovative. Roster updates and DNA is cool to have, but they really only matter when you're starting a new dynasty or playing exhibition games. So this REWIND feature is not only lame, but highly overrated.

You're basically getting a scripted NBA simulaion but ONLY IN EXHIBITION against the CPU...GAY
Joined in October 2008
1 post
1 comment
bashing EA. Priceless!!!

Good luck with that!

# 35 23 @ 10/30/08 07:54 PM
I play exhibition all the time because im a single player kinda guy since you asked.

I could give a rats behind about online play, and DNA does affect dynasty but not to the point where it takes control away from the user.

What you've just done is embarrass yourself and looked foolish to the exact kind of gamer that I am.

Name me another game that uses real NBA playsets and real NBA data to determine the gameplay?

Matter of fact you dont even have the game why are you even here asking questions like a smart mouth

I cant stand the attitude of some of these people on the boards.

# 36 23 @ 10/30/08 07:54 PM
Czar... its that time man, lol

# 37 bls @ 10/30/08 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp39940

It does have an impact in online games as well. If you have Kurt Thomas and lets say his screen in his DNA is 25. That means if you come down the court and you don't set up a play, theres a good chance he'll set screens to get players open. If you have a guy that only have a screen of say 2 in his DNA then more then likely he wont be setting any screens to free players up. This is a real in depth feature.

# 38 23 @ 10/30/08 09:10 PM
bls he has no intentions of playing NBA Live nor does he care what DNA does.

# 39 neuroticomic @ 10/30/08 09:36 PM
CZAR...my 3 year old nephew fell asleep next to me while i was watching rewind That DNA.

That was a compliment.

Now, If I fell asleep....not so much.

That voice threw me for a loop.

Awesome video.

Awesome production.

Good to have someone like you pimping Live.

# 40 Da_Czar @ 10/30/08 09:42 PM
Quote:
Czar... its that time man, lol
Took longer than I thought though

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.