Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

Just got word that we (EA) have passed our submissions and we are going to have the demo available for both platforms on November 6th.

Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 HustlinOwl @ 10/31/08 11:05 AM

# 22 Brandwin @ 10/31/08 12:54 PM
Should have used Baylor...=/

How long is the demo and how close to a final build is the demo?

Two things to look forward to next week, GoW 2 and a day before that, this demo.

# 23 dahc @ 11/02/08 01:40 PM
Kentucky will be very good this year. Patrick Patterson and Jodie Meeks are healthy.

I believe last years demo was UK vs. Louisville... right?

# 24 jwn0303 @ 11/04/08 07:48 AM
Kentucky will not be very good this year.. they will be decent.. PP is good.. Meeks is very very overrated

# 25 PhantomPain @ 11/04/08 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwn0303
Kentucky will not be very good this year.. they will be decent.. PP is good.. Meeks is very very overrated
Meeks will likely (barring injuries) battle for scoring title in the SEC. But I have to admit, I love people's thoughts on UK right now. By january everyone will realize this team is better than anyone expected, but until then they will be surprising some folks.

BTW, how has anyone overrated Meeks? He was injured all of last year and pretty much isn't mentioned in any conversations (yet) for All-SEC (maybe 2nd or 3rd team at best) or any other potential awards.

Please tell me you will come back to this thread and admit you are wrong after you see Meeks this year. If by the end of the year he isn't averaging at least 16 ppg, I will come back and admit it myself. But to say he is "very very overrated" is so laughable. I love it!

EDIT: I forgot to mention something else. If you think that Patrick Patterson is just "good" then you either don't follow college basketball or have limited knowledge in it.

# 26 23 @ 11/04/08 02:56 PM
Great News... thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to buying this game

# 27 Marino @ 11/04/08 03:25 PM
Its obviously Albany vs. MTSU.

I will try it out and see if it is worth the purchase.

# 28 jwn0303 @ 11/06/08 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Meeks will likely (barring injuries) battle for scoring title in the SEC. But I have to admit, I love people's thoughts on UK right now. By january everyone will realize this team is better than anyone expected, but until then they will be surprising some folks.

BTW, how has anyone overrated Meeks? He was injured all of last year and pretty much isn't mentioned in any conversations (yet) for All-SEC (maybe 2nd or 3rd team at best) or any other potential awards.

Please tell me you will come back to this thread and admit you are wrong after you see Meeks this year. If by the end of the year he isn't averaging at least 16 ppg, I will come back and admit it myself. But to say he is "very very overrated" is so laughable. I love it!

EDIT: I forgot to mention something else. If you think that Patrick Patterson is just "good" then you either don't follow college basketball or have limited knowledge in it.
i didn't mean any disrespect to PP.. he's a hell of a player.. but meeks plain and simply isn't..

# 29 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/06/08 06:05 AM
Demo comes out today!

# 30 ExtremeGamer @ 11/06/08 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Demo comes out today!
It's out, I downloaded it before leaving, didn't get a chance to play though.

# 31 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/06/08 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
It's out, I downloaded it before leaving, didn't get a chance to play though.
When my Facebook status automatically updates to say "T.J. is playing NCAA Basketball 09 Demo", I'll let you know how it is.

# 32 PhantomPain @ 11/06/08 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwn0303
i didn't mean any disrespect to PP.. he's a hell of a player.. but meeks plain and simply isn't..
I understand your opinion of Meeks because of his injuries last year, but if you had seen him his freshman year you would have known he was going to be a good player. Except now that he isn't injured, I think he will be a great player.

But why would you think he isn't very good? He can shoot the 3, the mid range, drive to the basket, is strong, and is fast as lightning. What about that makes him overrated? He came out last year and played in the Houston game, while injured and scored I think 20 or 24 points in the first half. Unfortunately he got injured last year in the 2nd exhibition game and never recovered. But he is 100% now and I suspect you will be eating some crow soon.

But I am so curious as to why you think he is overrated?

# 33 FORMULA316 @ 11/06/08 07:41 AM
Downloading...

# 34 baseball88 @ 11/06/08 07:57 AM
Not for the PS3 yet though

# 35 ExtremeGamer @ 11/06/08 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball88
Not for the PS3 yet though
PS3 updates every Thursday night, so probably 5-6PM EST.

# 36 FORMULA316 @ 11/06/08 08:02 AM
One half, 8 minutes though, multiple camera views & all levels
of difficulty. I am about to use the 79 Spartans vs. Kentucky...

# 37 bigball12 @ 11/06/08 08:29 AM
Wow! You can clearly tell that this game uses the Live engine. Couldn't expect anything different though. The momentum meter is nice. The crowd really gets into it. Not a bad game at all! Sucks about not being able to have real names online though!

# 38 bases1616 @ 11/06/08 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Wow! You can clearly tell that this game uses the Live engine. Couldn't expect anything different though. The momentum meter is nice. The crowd really gets into it. Not a bad game at all! Sucks about not being able to have real names online though!
I don't think the NCAA license will let EA use the real names online.

# 39 baseball88 @ 11/06/08 06:16 PM
What time does the demo for PS3 come out?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.