Home
News Post

Update: We are just putting the finishing touches on things now. We should be ready to launch within the hour.

Make sure you check back here tomorrow morning for the official launch OS Arena, our new social networking feature.

Everyone who is or becomes a member of Operation Sports will automatically gain access to the following:
  • your own unique address at operationsports.com/username/
  • a customizable trading card
  • stats tracking and your own Overall Rating
  • your own blog
  • friends lists
  • video albums for all of your videos from EA Sports World, 2K Sports Community, Youtube etc.
  • screenshot albums
  • comments and messages on your chalkboard
  • customizable backgrounds allowing you to give your Arena its own unique style
Everything above is completely free of charge and fully integrated into the rest of OS, including the forums.

The blog feature is especially interesting as it will allow anyone to have a voice on OS and potentially have their work featured on our front page. Along with a new blogs section that will showcase all blogs that are written, we will be "flagging" blogs that we think deserve more attention. These blogs will be integrated into the news section on the OS front page, giving the author exposure to our tens of thousands of daily readers.

It is also exciting to hear that many of the game developers who visit our forums have expressed interest in running their own blogs here at OS. So for those of you wanting to read about the development of the next big sports titles direct from the people who make them, you need look no further than OS.

The next time you hear from me you'll be reading my first blog post. My blog will be dedicated to keeping everyone up to date with what is happening behind the scenes at OS. So make sure you check back tomorrow morning to start working on your own Arena.

Member Comments
# 61 The GIGGAS @ 11/10/08 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Looks good. I don't have Photoshop anymore, could you hook me up?
Oh wow... I misunderstood this post COMPLETELY.

I thought he meant "Yarrr".

# 62 DTX3 @ 11/10/08 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Oh wow... I misunderstood this post COMPLETELY.

I thought he meant "Yarrr".
What?

# 63 Hassan Darkside @ 11/10/08 06:19 PM
Aye Matey!

# 64 The GIGGAS @ 11/10/08 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
What?
Who usually says yar?

# 65 TheLetterZ @ 11/10/08 06:43 PM
Quote:
Who usually says yar?
Yaoza and his girlfriend.

# 66 Ty @ 11/10/08 07:01 PM
This is great!

# 67 HiJumpr111 @ 11/10/08 07:28 PM
Wow.....I love the new Arena! So much to do.

One thing's for sure. I got to get some friends.

# 68 CM Hooe @ 11/10/08 07:59 PM
Is there a way to view a comprehensive list of all published blogs by all users on the website? I can see the five most recent ones on the mainpage, and obviously can see those of my friends, but I'm thinking that there should be an easier way to explore other users' submitted content.

# 69 duke776 @ 11/10/08 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Is there a way to view a comprehensive list of all published blogs by all users on the website? I can see the five most recent ones on the mainpage, and obviously can see those of my friends, but I'm thinking that there should be an easier way to explore other users' submitted content.
Here
http://www.operationsports.com/blogs.php

You have to go through different pages, but I'm pretty sure that's what you're looking for.

# 70 The GIGGAS @ 11/10/08 08:28 PM
There seems to be a problem with usernames with spaces. On my User CP, I have User Notifications of new visitor messages. However, when I click on one of them, it takes me to: http://www.operationsports.com/the-g...itor_messaging

Which gives me the dreaded 404.

# 71 bronco92 @ 11/10/08 08:43 PM
Quote:
There seems to be a problem with usernames with spaces. On my User CP, I have User Notifications of new visitor messages. However, when I click on one of them, it takes me to: http://www.operationsports.com/the-g...itor_messaging

Which gives me the dreaded 404.
Fixed.

# 72 BrianFifaFan @ 11/10/08 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco92
Fixed.
I'm still getting it (404) for him on IE8.

# 73 The GIGGAS @ 11/10/08 09:16 PM
The page I gave is an incorrect link. He changed the link where it was actually clickable and fixed it.

Anyway, is there any way to get the visitor comments to disappear from the User CP? Other than hiding them/deleting them from your profile?

It'd be nice if they were cleared from your CP once you clicked on them.

# 74 CM Hooe @ 11/10/08 09:20 PM
I'm attempting to publish a blog using Opera 9.52, but when I click the submit button I'm taken to a white screen (something like updateBlog is in the hyperlink) and my blog entry is not posted. EDIT: hyperlink to page I'm directed to is "http://www.operationsports.com/updateprofile.php?do=updateblog"... again, all I see is a white screen, and my blog does not post)

I do have IMG tags (in brackets) and smileys in my blog post, I don't know if that's a problem. I also did save a draft of it on OS, but have since deleted it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Doesn't work in Firefox 3 or IE7, either...

EDIT: Right now, none of the blogging options work for me; I cannot Publish Now, Publish On, or Save Draft...

# 75 The GIGGAS @ 11/10/08 09:23 PM
I hate to make this thread GIGGAS' error thread, but why am I credited with 3 screenshots on my Arena main page, but 9 when you actually go into the album?

# 76 Behindshadows @ 11/10/08 09:26 PM
Just hooked my page up nicely..thanks Steve....OS is definitely my second home.

# 77 Acid @ 11/10/08 09:48 PM
Quote:
I hate to make this thread GIGGAS' error thread, but why am I credited with 3 screenshots on my Arena main page, but 9 when you actually go into the album?
Longhorn told me that it updates once per day in terms of OVR rating, so perhaps it'll be fine tomorrow?

# 78 The GIGGAS @ 11/10/08 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Longhorn told me that it updates once per day in terms of OVR rating, so perhaps it'll be fine tomorrow?
It's not about the OVR. It literally says I have 3 screenshots multiple places on my Arena front page, when I have 9 actually uploaded. Right above Darren Evans, it says Screenshots (3). But if you click on Mr. Evans, it says My Favorite Players (9 screenshots).

Unless that is a casualty from the OVR decision, that seems to be a bug.

# 79 bronco92 @ 11/11/08 01:06 AM
Quote:
It's not about the OVR. It literally says I have 3 screenshots multiple places on my Arena front page, when I have 9 actually uploaded. Right above Darren Evans, it says Screenshots (3). But if you click on Mr. Evans, it says My Favorite Players (9 screenshots).

Unless that is a casualty from the OVR decision, that seems to be a bug.
You've got yourself a bug there. Can you please post it in the bugs thread?

# 80 The GIGGAS @ 11/11/08 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco92
You've got yourself a bug there. Can you please post it in the bugs thread?
I already have. I did after the first post about that in this thread.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.