Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

The NCAA Basketball 09 patch is now available for the Playstation 3.

NCAA Basketball 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Behindshadows @ 11/28/08 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles1291
Can anyone tell me how the Selection Show is presented?Does Bryant Gumble do it like he did it in the previous years game?
NO!!!! That was the other game only.

this Game has a nice Selection show but no commentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616
Everyone has a choice to voice there opinion if you do not like it then ignore the post. Also, EA and 2K sports have not made barely any money on the college basketball series period. March Madness for EA was garbage and the 2K series at least was close to the college experience a lot more then MM.

I am glad to see EA finally make a decent effort towards there basketball series not just in college hoops, but finally in pro hoops as well. 2K cancelled there college hoops game because the CLC wanted too much money for the college basketball license. For a game that is really not profitable anyway it was a business decision for 2K not to waste there time. EA on the other hand has plenty of money to piss away and they are determined to have the sole licenses for all sports.

The MLB, NFL, and CLC are all stupid for letting companies like EA and 2K have the only chance to make a licensed sport game every year for a particular sport. As you can see it let's EA put out games like Madden that are like updates every year and 2K who have put out sub par baseball games.

Bottom line until the Pro and NCAA leagues decide to stop letting companies have a pissing contest when it comes to throwing money at them, then we are going to keep getting games that are below there potential. Let the companies compete and offer better games every year instead of us the consumer having to be stuck with one choice because of the monopoly.
Agreed that EA spent the money and took the risk! Problem is Take-Two didn't and they are the death of 2ksports. I guess I'm the only one that got the b...s to say it! Take-Two has money, but they would rather spend their efforts on GTA and Rockstar than to support the efforts at Visual Concepts and the Take-Two camp!

I wish people would get over this 2k love fest. They screwed us! And I'm pissed at Take-Two not EA! I hate that fans keep 2ksports on this high horse even they are screwing us over! I know people hate EA for whatever reason, because in the past I've hated them with a passion! But at some point I had to grow up and understand what is business and not take so much personal.

2ksports and Take-Two screwed up the College Hoops series. Fact of the matter is, series is gone! End of story! People that want to put up your hopes for another series. Write take two and donation some millions.

Otherwise this is a EA Sports NCAA Basketball Thread on the patch!

Back on Topic: still waiting on the 360 patch! If it's just as good as the Live 09 patch. This game will play even better! Can't wait til tomorrow and the weekend for Microsoft's bighead's to add it to marketplace or to the servers.

# 82 AC006299 @ 11/28/08 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
AC,
Here you go:

@ Weber St
@ Pitt
@ Wright St
@ Xavier
@ Temple
Northwestern St
UW-Milwaukee
Valpo
@ West Virginia
@ Northwestern St
@ Dayton

Those are all the non-conference games for Miami(OH).
Thanks!

Its only missing the UCLA game (which we almost won) but they couldnt anticipate that game so...i officially love this game...GO REDHAWKS!

# 83 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/28/08 03:40 PM
For an impressions thread there seems to be NO impressions.

I just wanted to know how well it plays vs. Live. Yes, I know they are using the same engine but, other than that they are two different games.

What's different about the game pre vs post patch? Not just schedules.

Let's get this thread back on track.

# 84 countryboy @ 11/28/08 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
For an impressions thread there seems to be NO impressions.

I just wanted to know how well it plays vs. Live. Yes, I know they are using the same engine but, other than that they are two different games.

What's different about the game pre vs post patch? Not just schedules.

Let's get this thread back on track.
I can't speak in terms of how it plays vs Live because I don't have Live and have only played the demo.

As for what is different pre and post patch on the floor, the only thing that stands out to me is the full court presses. Pre-patch my guys would trap no matter what, whether it was warranted or not and in the oddest of places. Now they trap as they should and don't trap just for the sake of trapping.

There was some improvement to the post up game, but I haven't been able to tell what exactly was fixed/tweaked or whatnot. Maybe I've seen it but its so subtle that I don't notice it.

# 85 bases1616 @ 11/28/08 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
NO!!!! That was the other game only.

this Game has a nice Selection show but no commentary.

Agreed that EA spent the money and took the risk! Problem is Take-Two didn't and they are the death of 2ksports. I guess I'm the only one that got the b...s to say it! Take-Two has money, but they would rather spend their efforts on GTA and Rockstar than to support the efforts at Visual Concepts and the Take-Two camp!

I wish people would get over this 2k love fest. They screwed us! And I'm pissed at Take-Two not EA! I hate that fans keep 2ksports on this high horse even they are screwing us over! I know people hate EA for whatever reason, because in the past I've hated them with a passion! But at some point I had to grow up and understand what is business and not take so much personal.

2ksports and Take-Two screwed up the College Hoops series. Fact of the matter is, series is gone! End of story! People that want to put up your hopes for another series. Write take two and donation some millions.

Otherwise this is a EA Sports NCAA Basketball Thread on the patch!

Back on Topic: still waiting on the 360 patch! If it's just as good as the Live 09 patch. This game will play even better! Can't wait til tomorrow and the weekend for Microsoft's bighead's to add it to marketplace or to the servers.
Good points and I feel your pain. I am still waiting to pick up NCAA 09 for the PS3. Gamestop has not received any used copies of the game in my area yet. I am hoping sometime this week.

# 86 ol23 @ 11/28/08 05:56 PM
how do you get the patch if you deleted it by mistake

# 87 countryboy @ 11/28/08 05:59 PM
just reload the game and you should be prompted to re-download it.

# 88 ol23 @ 11/28/08 07:34 PM
reloaded the game and nothing happen no rosters or schedules

# 89 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/28/08 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I can't speak in terms of how it plays vs Live because I don't have Live and have only played the demo.

As for what is different pre and post patch on the floor, the only thing that stands out to me is the full court presses. Pre-patch my guys would trap no matter what, whether it was warranted or not and in the oddest of places. Now they trap as they should and don't trap just for the sake of trapping.

There was some improvement to the post up game, but I haven't been able to tell what exactly was fixed/tweaked or whatnot. Maybe I've seen it but its so subtle that I don't notice it.
Thank you for the impressions. Greatly appreciated. Keep them coming.

# 90 Yalebowow @ 11/28/08 09:30 PM
Does anyone know if you have to start a new dynasty to get the benefits of the patch if you already had a dynasty going pre-patch?
Thanks

# 91 BigJim78 @ 11/28/08 09:32 PM
I don't think you would have to, but you never know with EA.

# 92 zjl630 @ 11/29/08 12:37 AM
Hey, just wondering if anyone else has this problem. The patch won't d/l past 2%. I have wifi and the ps3 is hard-wired to the internet. My computer works fine but I can't get the patch to update, I had the same problem with Madden, which prompted me to hard-wire it, but now it isn't working. Any suggestions?

# 93 Glenn33 @ 11/29/08 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
This has been my observation as well....and it makes a world of difference. Opens up the game and makes it much more enjoyable.

# 94 HustlinOwl @ 12/01/08 06:02 PM
Wrong thread, but I am sure loving this game. Plan to play my first Dynasty game tonight. Please tune in.

http://www.freewebs.com/hustlinowl/R...e%20Legend.htm

# 95 lilscoot13 @ 12/02/08 01:32 PM
where do i get the patch at?

# 96 crques @ 12/03/08 10:45 AM
After having the game for a week, I admit that it is starting to grow on me and I would probably be liking it much more if I had more time with it. I've gotten to play about 7 or 8 games since I bought it last Wednesday and I had my most fun game last night.

I was using Buffalo playing on the road at Rutgers. They jumped out to a quick 15 - 2 lead but I managed to close the gap and trailed at the half, 36 - 30. I opened the 2nd half on a 10 - 0 run. The rest of the game we traded baskets back and forth. With 25 seconds left I took a 1 point lead on a 3-pointer by my SG, at 72 - 71. Rutgers naturally played for the last shot and I had a solid defensive stand go to waste when their PF got a putback at the buzzer after their SG missed a jumper with 3 seconds left. It definitely was a fun game even though I lost.

# 97 shorty12345 @ 12/04/08 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
After having the game for a week, I admit that it is starting to grow on me and I would probably be liking it much more if I had more time with it. I've gotten to play about 7 or 8 games since I bought it last Wednesday and I had my most fun game last night.

I was using Buffalo playing on the road at Rutgers. They jumped out to a quick 15 - 2 lead but I managed to close the gap and trailed at the half, 36 - 30. I opened the 2nd half on a 10 - 0 run. The rest of the game we traded baskets back and forth. With 25 seconds left I took a 1 point lead on a 3-pointer by my SG, at 72 - 71. Rutgers naturally played for the last shot and I had a solid defensive stand go to waste when their PF got a putback at the buzzer after their SG missed a jumper with 3 seconds left. It definitely was a fun game even though I lost.
Wow sounds like a heart breaker! If that was me i would've broke my controller probally. That's one thing i hate about basketball games, losing at the buzzer! Lol

# 98 crques @ 12/04/08 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty12345
Wow sounds like a heart breaker! If that was me i would've broke my controller probally. That's one thing i hate about basketball games, losing at the buzzer! Lol
I try to refrain from throwing my controller these days, especially since I have a year old little boy that likes to mimic whatever I'm doing. LOL I can live with losing at the buzzer that way and it's happened to me quite a bit over the years.

On that note and totally off topic of the thread, the funniest buzzer beater I can ever recall being involved with on a video game happened when I was playing my cousin on Bulls vs. Lakers for the Sega Genesis. I was down by 2 with 2 seconds left and was naturally trying to inbound the ball to Jordan. Instead of Jordan, Bill Cartwright ended up with it at the top of the key and I had no choice but to fire up the shot. I drained about a 25 footer to win the game........with Bill Cartwright of all people. He did throw his controller but I guess it could have been worse. I could have hit the shot with Will Perdue. LOL

# 99 DrUrsus @ 12/05/08 02:39 AM
Quote:
I try to refrain from throwing my controller these days, especially since I have a year old little boy that likes to mimic whatever I'm doing. LOL I can live with losing at the buzzer that way and it's happened to me quite a bit over the years.

On that note and totally off topic of the thread, the funniest buzzer beater I can ever recall being involved with on a video game happened when I was playing my cousin on Bulls vs. Lakers for the Sega Genesis. I was down by 2 with 2 seconds left and was naturally trying to inbound the ball to Jordan. Instead of Jordan, Bill Cartwright ended up with it at the top of the key and I had no choice but to fire up the shot. I drained about a 25 footer to win the game........with Bill Cartwright of all people. He did throw his controller but I guess it could have been worse. I could have hit the shot with Will Perdue. LOL
LOL, man that brings back good good memories. My college days... ahh sleeping in, not going to class, playing Sega instead

# 100 DrUrsus @ 12/05/08 02:42 AM
Quote:

Was going to buy the game at tonight while I was at Walmart, but the bums didn't have it. So I went home and played the demo again. Now, maybe I am glad I did not buy it. Is the retail version as sluggish as the demo on the 360? I would try to get my player to move and it just seemed like a little lag (and I wasn't online of course).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.